SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-22-21, 04:34 PM   #1456
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Have been thinking a little(well I tried ya know)

How many miles of this wall have been build so far.

Made a search and found this wiki page

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_wall

By January 5, 2021, the U.S. had built new or replacement wall along 452 miles

In the end of the first paragraph(I think it is called) following can be read

"
Initially, on January 20, 2021, newly inaugurated U.S. president Joe Biden terminated the national emergency and halted construction of the wall, but the Secretary of Homeland Security later hinted that the construction of the wall may continue under Biden's administration.
"

So my question is.

Will the wall(452 miles) be left as it is ?
Will it be demolished ?
Will Biden & Co continue to construction of this famous wall ?

I just want to know what's up and down in all this.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-21, 05:17 PM   #1457
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

It would be bloody funny if the drug cartels got themselves some expert mining engineers and blew that wall to pieces, how far away is that wall from the border anyway?, I'm only asking out of curiosity, I don't work for the cartels.
Old 06-22-21, 07:49 PM   #1458
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
It would be bloody funny if the drug cartels got themselves some expert mining engineers and blew that wall to pieces, how far away is that wall from the border anyway?, I'm only asking out of curiosity, I don't work for the cartels.

What would be their motivation for doing that?

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-21, 08:33 PM   #1459
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Have been thinking a little(well I tried ya know)

How many miles of this wall have been build so far.

Made a search and found this wiki page

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_wall

By January 5, 2021, the U.S. had built new or replacement wall along 452 miles

In the end of the first paragraph(I think it is called) following can be read

"
Initially, on January 20, 2021, newly inaugurated U.S. president Joe Biden terminated the national emergency and halted construction of the wall, but the Secretary of Homeland Security later hinted that the construction of the wall may continue under Biden's administration.
"

So my question is.

Will the wall(452 miles) be left as it is ?
Will it be demolished ?
Will Biden & Co continue to construction of this famous wall ?

I just want to know what's up and down in all this.

Markus
As of now with his executive orders all work has been halted on the walls. Biden says he will not tear down any of the existing wall, tho some environmental groups are applying pressure. Biden also removed Trump's emergency declaration for the border. Approved funding will be diverted to other "security projects" tho there are several issues that have to be resolved with ongoing contracts, basically a lot of money will have to be paid out with no results of anything being built.
Harris certainly has changed her tune since her campaign https://www.facebook.com/cootergilli...19927972889272

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-21, 01:48 AM   #1460
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
It would be bloody funny if the drug cartels got themselves some expert mining engineers and blew that wall to pieces [-...]
I guess "the cartels" send their stuff through the regular border crossings, no need to draw attention ..

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-21, 05:12 AM   #1461
Moonlight
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
What would be their motivation for doing that?
I don't know, maybe dent that "Ego" you've got a tad, a good kick in the walls would do that and the rest of the world would be laughing at you as well, a deflated Democrat party would have some serious explaining to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
I guess "the cartels" send their stuff through the regular border crossings, no need to draw attention ..
If that's true, then the USA need to overhaul the border force because it's not bleeding working is it?.
Old 06-23-21, 07:59 AM   #1462
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:
The cartels already have them, but they are currently busy building more tunnels.

Quote:
On March 19, 2020, a tunnel connecting Tijuana to San Diego was discovered by the San Diego Tunnel Task Force. The tunnel extended 2,000 feet (610 m) and was outfitted with an underground rail system, ventilation, and lighting. Over 1,300 pounds (590 kilograms) of cocaine, 86 pounds (39 kilograms) of methamphetamine, 17 pounds (7.7 kilograms) of heroin, 3,000 pounds (1,360 kilograms) of marijuana and 2 pounds (0.9 kilograms) of fentanyl were seized
MaDef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-21, 08:25 AM   #1463
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

NSFW language adult humor

"Congratulations you voted for Joe Biden and things are getting worse."

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 06-23-21 at 10:38 AM.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-21, 09:23 AM   #1464
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

"End. Stop. Done. Over. Not going to do it. Withdraw the lawsuits. We’re out. We’re not going to confiscate the land,” - The Democrats

But Biden’s democrat administration has not withdrawn from court cases to seize land for the wall. It has even conceded that the wall could continue to be built or modified.

So it does seem he has the wall on hold. But is demanding California allow construction of privately owned migrant detention centers instead. Bidenettes can really pick a winner. Wonder what Schiff and Pelosi have to say? Nothing thats what, liberal left democrats know there's money to be made by allowing illegal migrants in capturing them and housing them in for profit detention centers.

Only promise Joe Biden has kept to date is "nothing will fundementally change" The author of the crime bill knows building prisons is a sure fire way to strengthen democrat cronism so Bidenettes can make money.

Liberals: Stop the wall, Trump is racist!

Liberals: Proceeds to demand more 'for profit prisons' to house the migrants flooding the border.

Last edited by Rockstar; 06-23-21 at 02:50 PM.
Old 06-23-21, 03:23 PM   #1465
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
I don't know, maybe dent that "Ego" you've got a tad, a good kick in the walls would do that and the rest of the world would be laughing at you as well, a deflated Democrat party would have some serious explaining to do.

The rest of the world has laughed at us since our founding, we hardly care as we laugh at the them too. They do manage to avoid looking down their snooty noses at us when they need our help to rescue them from the evil Germans though now don't they. Some criminal cartel giving us a good kick in the walls, as you put it, would only piss us off. Ask the Japanese what happens when you attack us. Our government would probably welcome it too as there's nothing like a foreign threat to unite discordant domestic factions.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-21, 04:44 PM   #1466
Moonlight
Admiral

Pffft, is that it, you can only come up with the Germans again, the world has changed from the 1940's and it's time your mindset did too.

The first time you pick a fight with a large technologically advanced country is the day that the USA's dominance will be over, in fact, if I remember right, some inferior countries gave the USA more than a fat lip when they interfered with their internal politics.
Look to the East old boy, there lies your Huckleberry.
Old 06-23-21, 05:02 PM   #1467
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

An interesting thought.

Today USA is a Superpower, thanks to WWII(have learned this from books and documentaries)

Could USA lose this position if they went to war against...let say China or Russia ?

Markus

Old 06-23-21, 05:16 PM   #1468
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
An interesting thought.

Today USA is a Superpower, thanks to WWII(have learned this from books and documentaries)

Could USA lose this position if they went to war against...let say China or Russia ?

Markus

IMO for all the sabre rattling we hear of in the news all the time. Because of intertwined global economy a full scale shooting war is IMO less likely now than it has ever been in history. Global dominance will not be won with bullets but with currency.

I know it might sound crazy-anon. But when I see the 911 targets and the effect the spread of covid had on our economy. I tend to see things like that as attacks on the U.S. economy. Kill our economy and we may be forced to withdraw from the global arena. But I tellya for all our faults without the U.S. involved in global affairs I think things would be much much worse than it is now. The world would I think catch fire.

Last edited by Rockstar; 06-23-21 at 05:31 PM.
Old 06-23-21, 05:17 PM   #1469
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 246

Quote:
An interesting thought.

Markus
The collective US leadership is weak and stupid and cares more about feelings than getting stuff done and they have been since the 1960s.

There should be only one focus during a war. Kill your enemies by any means necessary. Destroy their means of making war. Crush their will to fight.

The US and most of its citizens are entirely too soft to fight a war with the will to win.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-21, 05:25 PM   #1470
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

I claim that...

Whatever the means of how a war will start, if it's fought with currency, with cyberattacks, the end of the war will be fought with bombs, missile and guns.

Markus