Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-22-19, 12:30 PM   #916
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

https://www.jpost.com/Diaspora/Antis...ic-list-611326

I side with Israel on this. The German attitude towards Israel is one of double standards, and is best described by the words of some Jewish psychoanalyst who once said: "The Germans will never forgive the Jews the Holocaust." However, its the whole UN acting with doiublke standards toward sI(srael, you just have to compare the numbert of anti-Israeli resolutions and against Islamic terrorism int he world, or against Jews/Israel. It speaks volumes. The Un is being used as the biggest Muslim lobby organisation there is.

Israel cannot and never should trust the Europeans. And especially Sweden , Germany, France, the UK.
Old 12-22-19, 04:37 PM   #917
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Israel cannot and never should trust the Labour party in the UK.
Sorted.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-19, 04:50 PM   #918
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Nah, SBird always uses the broad shovel

Quote:
[...] Israel ... never should trust the Europeans. And especially Sweden , Germany, France, the UK.
Which Israel do you mean, the right wing Israel occupying territory and building settlements to create 'facts', or the moderate one trying to find a solution with the neighbours and citizens?

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-19, 06:14 PM   #919
Skybird
Soaring

I mean that one Israel that tries to survive in a region and world where everybody is against it and demands it to act to its self-deconstruction and self-denial. You know, its this law-and-order- and successful-economy- and civlised-standards- and only-regional-democracy- and give-phone-warnings-before-dropping-air bombs-on terrorists- thing, c'mon, you must have heard of it, these traits speaks volumes, they set it quite apart from all its neighbours.
Old 12-23-19, 07:02 AM   #920
Catfish

I heard of it, i also heard of the other side.
I am all for supporting Israel (Germany currenty does it b.t.w. taking part in BlueFlag 2019).
There was also some military hardware given to Israel, some for free, to help defending.
I am also of the opinion that Germany indeed has a historical reason to help, and care for that things like in Germany in those 12 years never happen again.
I am not of the opinion that wrongdoing should be left uncommented though.
Did you read LeCarrées "The little drummer girl" b.t.w.?

Old 12-23-19, 08:27 AM   #921
Skybird
Soaring

No, I tried LeCarrée once, many years ago, but found it boring.

I do not base on Ger,an history for defenmding Israel, nor do I take a generlaised stand on Isarael. I see it as always: purely pragmatic. Two states will never work, was chnaceless to wever work like a Brexit with a dela ha dnever ahcnace to delouver areal Bexit into full sovereignty. Israel is the most advanced and civlised nation in the whole damn region, and before I accept another failed state named Palestine forming up, I support Israel as the best pragmatic option for the civilised future there is. Its not perfect - but it is by far a lead the best option there is.

My Germanness has nothing, absolutely nothing to do with it. i do not accept responsibility for events that came to an end a quarter of a century before I was even born.

The german policy on Israel is one of two faces. On the surface it claims to be supportive, but below that it voters tiem and again with the anti-Israeli lobby at the UN and tells Israel npotoriopusly to carry out policies that would destroy its national integrity form within. Always this damn, impertinently erected pointing finger of the Germans.The German thinkt hey are the blessed knights of the holy moral, and their mission is not the homework at home, no, their mission is burden to save the whole world.

As if anyone was ever waiting for them to show him the way.

Ask Broder on the German policy towards Israel, and Jews. He is right. The German self-perception of the German stand towards Jews and Israel, is maximum hypocritical. And I could not put it any better than he did, on many opportunities.
Old 12-23-19, 08:52 AM   #922
Catfish

^ Fair enough, but not my opinon.
Why do you say "two states will never work"? It is (not only my humble opinion) the only chance for the region in the long run. Even England promised a palestinian state for almost a century. England is one of the major causes for the situation there.
Where is your "failing palestinian state"? It does not exist, there is no state who ever had a chance to develop or build up anything.

You should read Mr Broder a bit more critical. It is certainly nice to fall for his rhetorics, as nice to read as it is (often) wrong. Broder presenting a view from another (right wing) angle is sometimes nice and oh so fashionable lately, but it does not wipe out others based on experience and history.

Old 12-23-19, 10:41 AM   #923
Skybird
Soaring

Look at the regiuon, and at the Palestinian arabs, how they messed up again and again and again. And always raised their demands for all. Hamas, Hezbollah, doe snot really matter. The West wants Israel to accept "the right" for free entrance/full return. Now compoare the demograpohic numbers. And see how the population in the Palestinian territories went steep into the sky dpsaite their claim that their life is so miserbalwe that thjey cannot live. Next look at the demographic age- and gender compoisition of the society. Or check the war index list by Gunnar Heinsohn. Germany has an index of 0.65, Russia of 0.67, USA of 0.96, Israel of 1.87, Lebanon of 1.88 - and Palestine territories 5.45, Gaza even 6.00!!

https://think-beyondtheobvious.com/s...nnar-heinsohn/

If you think you still do not know what happens if you smash a flask of nitroglycerin on the floor and must find out - here is your best chance. This stupid two-state-nonsense of the Eurpeans never had a chance to breathing, and it never will work. It will always go boooom . And that was set and craved into stone from beginning on of this nonsense idea. The Europeans. They are weak on the golobal stage, and still they are so very full of themselves.

On a side note: a book tip, its a very entertaining and exciting introduction and overview to the history of the modern state of Israel, narrated in form of a novel and thriller. An an interesting "biograohy" of Ariel Sharon.

https://www.amazon.de/Breaking-News-...7115753&sr=8-2
Old 12-23-19, 10:43 AM   #924
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Why England solely? The last I knew the United Kingdom was a union of four countries.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-19, 10:56 AM   #925
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Why England solely? The last I knew the United Kingdom was a union of four countries.
Dont read anything into it, its a German habit. We often talk of "England" but by that mean the whole of Great Britain. Its a careless habit of ours, but widespread. Its like that since - well, since "always". Even the propaganda in WWII talked and sung of "Eng-el-land" and "dem Engländer", where in fact all of the UK and all the British were meant by that.
Old 12-23-19, 11:10 AM   #926
skidman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 85

Everyone who takes side with either Israel or the Arabs in the Palestine conflict is a ignorant moron. Period.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.” (Douglas Adams)
skidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-19, 12:01 PM   #927
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Dont read anything into it, its a German habit. We often talk of "England" but by that mean the whole of Great Britain. Its a careless habit of ours, but widespread. Its like that since - well, since "always". Even the propaganda in WWII talked and sung of "Eng-el-land" and "dem Engländer", where in fact all of the UK and all the British were meant by that.
Danke

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-19, 05:45 PM   #928
Skybird
Soaring

Do the Greens really believe in climate doomsday?

https://translate.google.de/translat...katastrophe%2F
Old 12-28-19, 07:05 AM   #929
Skybird
Soaring

Schlimmer geht immer.

Der PC-Faschismus marschiert! Kinder an die Front!

It is unclear at best whether the broadcaster, part of the state media, tried to be funny here, or meant it serious. But they earned a ****storm for it, and deleted it. It tells a lot about the Zeitgeiust over here that even if it was just meant as satire, many people see it not as satire anymore, but as threatening reality.

Last edited by Skybird; 12-28-19 at 07:44 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-19, 05:22 AM   #930
Catfish

Aufreger des Jahres eh? "Wie schaffen wir es eigentlich noch, morgens aufzustehen, ohne den eigenen Wecker wegen persönlichen Angriffs zu verklagen?"