SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-26-12, 01:30 PM   #3016
themrwho
Torpedoman

Downloads: 140
Uploads: 0

I am back to OM after a long 'vacation' (1+ year), last time I checked we were on page 112 or so in this thread, now there is about another hundred pages of posts in this thread.

The list below is what I am installing in the background. Is there any other recommended mods that would play nicely with the setup below?

Please let me know as I would love to get it as good as possible and just dive in without further mod adjustments.

Thanks in advance for any inputs...

--
My Planned Installation:

SH4+UBM
OM v705
OM v720
OM v720 Patch 5
OMEGU v300
OMEGU v300 Patch 7
--
themrwho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-12, 02:12 PM   #3017
themrwho
Torpedoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstanb View Post
Just wanted to say that Karamazov's KiUB targeting wheel works amazing;
Yesterday, for several hours I have been looking for a "manual targeting" text tutorial or video tutorial but I haven't managed to find a good one yet.

I have been playing with manual targeting in the past (last year) but apparently I forgot almost all of it and need to start from scratch. I cannot find the same resources I have found earlier.

Can anyone help? Do you have any local files that you could upload to a free file hosting? Or any URLs?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gi_dan2987 View Post
Hallo und willkommen zu subsim! Since this is an English thread I will respond in English. Operation Monsun will assign you newer U-Boats as you progress through the campaign and earn more renown. Unlike SH3, you cannot "purchase" newer U-Boats with your renown, you can only be offered command of newer ones. This is something that is hard-coded into the SH4 game engine and cannot be changed (along with English-speaking U-boat crewman, there is nothing you can do to change that to German, as it is also hard-coded). If you have any other questions, feel free to ask on this thread or post a new thread under the Silent Hunter 4 Threads.
Wilkommen an Bord!
@gi_dan2987
My U-boat crew speaks German in SH4/UBM/OM, so it must be possible for you to have German speaking crew too...
Old 03-26-12, 03:11 PM   #3018
gianluca62
Swabbie

Downloads: 27

Go to folder MODS in SH4 installation folder, then OMEGUv300 and after in Support folder, where you'll find OM Readme files, and the useful KIUB User Guide. Hoping this solves your problems....
gianluca62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-12, 07:44 PM   #3019
themrwho
Torpedoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gianluca62 View Post
Go to folder MODS in SH4 installation folder, then OMEGUv300 and after in Support folder, where you'll find OM Readme files, and the useful KIUB User Guide. Hoping this solves your problems....
I read that already I don't think it is a good one at all. Text is not clear, neither are the screenshots/example data.

So I am looking for a good guide, video or text...
Old 03-27-12, 12:27 PM   #3020
gianluca62
Swabbie

Downloads: 27

Strange you found it useless... I didn't know nothing about AOBF, but reading that guide I perfectly understood the concept, and started to sunk ships with great enjoyment!
gianluca62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-12, 06:33 AM   #3021
themrwho
Torpedoman

I managed sinking ships again using RR's "Dick O'Kane" method, but only from 900-1000 meters. I was able to sink from 3-4 km's using OLCGUI in the past, I am still trying to get back to that level.

If you say the guide is good, perhaps it is - I will have another go at it and post the specific part I don't get, maybe someone will clarify it for me.

EDIT - finally hitting at distance... for me the most satisfactory moment of subsim experience is the moment a manually targeted torpedo explodes at 2km+ distance

Last edited by themrwho; 03-30-12 at 04:19 PM.
Old 03-30-12, 04:20 PM   #3022
themrwho
Torpedoman

Is there a way to export the recognition manual data as TXT/PDF so that I can use CTRL+F to find the ship I am looking for.

It is taking ages to flip through pages, large convoys with many ships in stormy weather is killing me.
Old 03-30-12, 10:31 PM   #3023
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by themrwho View Post
Is there a way to export the recognition manual data as TXT/PDF so that I can use CTRL+F to find the ship I am looking for.

It is taking ages to flip through pages, large convoys with many ships in stormy weather is killing me.

if running OMEGU simply lock onto target and hit the target ID button.The name of the ship will appear at bottom of the scope, click on it, then open the rec manual, it will have the ship there.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-12, 10:45 PM   #3024
themrwho
Torpedoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
if running OMEGU simply lock onto target and hit the target ID button.The name of the ship will appear at bottom of the scope, click on it, then open the rec manual, it will have the ship there.
Playing SH4 for a long time, never knew this. Thanks you saved me a lot of time with this tip.
Old 04-01-12, 07:20 AM   #3025
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by themrwho View Post
Playing SH4 for a long time, never knew this. Thanks you saved me a lot of time with this tip.

No problem, I played OM for about a week before I noticed and had to lol at myself.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-12, 04:22 PM   #3026
themrwho
Torpedoman

In case any of you guys with 1920xY screen resolution is interested, here is a mini mod I've adapted to work with OM

[REL] 3000 Meter Bearing Plotter Tool for OM U-Boats(only for 1920xY resolution)
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=193949

EDIT - Below is another minimod that I've made for my personal use and uploaded just in case.

[REL] Crystal Clear Metric Nomograph package for OM+OMEGU
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=193969

Last edited by themrwho; 04-02-12 at 11:22 AM.
Old 04-12-12, 09:57 AM   #3027
jafidel
Nub

Downloads: 6
Default weapons and sensors

Ahoy Kapitans.My Bad Eng..I've noticed that in crew management screen there is non-active "weapons and sensors" chart. Try to click on it, but with no effect - what's the problem?Please
jafidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-12, 10:01 AM   #3028
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

I'm not sure what the problem might be, but WELCOME ABOARD!

And your English seems fine. Certainly better than my Czech.
Old 04-12-12, 11:24 AM   #3029
jafidel
Nub

Downloads: 6

Thanks..for me it's all new here http://www.silenthunter.cz/
jafidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-12, 03:38 PM   #3030
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Wow! That looks like a very nice site! When I have time I'll break out my translator.