SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-21-21, 10:24 AM   #1666
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

A good argument for ditching the whole "blind party loyalty" fixation and just going independent and voting on your own individual needs and/or views rather than slavishly marching in lockstep; thinking and deciding on your own is far more rewarding than stupidly obeying...

<O>
Old 07-21-21, 10:42 AM   #1667
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
A good argument for ditching the whole "blind party loyalty" fixation and just going independent and voting on your own individual needs and/or views rather than slavishly marching in lockstep; thinking and deciding on your own is far more rewarding than stupidly obeying...

<O>
This. So this. I'd prefer that we actually outlaw political parties altogether (why do we allow what are, in essence, private clubs, to dictate who can run for public office??!?)

No political parties. No PACs. No corporate donations. No advertisements whatsoever. You want my vote? Come talk to me in person.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-21, 11:07 AM   #1668
vienna
Navy Seal

By far, one of the most disheartening aspects of elections in recent decades in the the US is the parties' demand for wholesale acceptance by their members of specified candidates and/or issues; California used to exclude Independent voters from most of the primary election processes at the behest of the two major parties; if you were an Independent, you could not vote for your preference if the choice were from either major party; this has changed in recent years, with open primaries for almost all positions now being the norm; at one time, in order to be able to have at least some voice in the choosing of candidates, I had to register with one of the major parties; since the DEMs pretty much run CA, I opted to register for their party, although I still exercised my own free will and voted many times against the party line on issues and voted for persons outside of the party...

Oh, and when I say the DEMs pretty much run CA, the voter registration stats for the state tell the story; as of Feb 2021, the state voter registrations breakdown as 46.2% DEM, 24.1% GOP, 6.0% other parties; the encouraging sign is 23.7% have registered as fully Independent...

In the debate over the continuing GOP efforts to enact laws to suppress voting by those they deem as not fit to vote, there was one person who made a very keen observation about the whole situation; I don't remember the persons name, but the comments he made stuck with me; he said it is a sad state of affairs when a political part can declare, without cause or evidence, an election was illegal, just because they lost, and, in America, it is the right of the voters to choose the politicians to represent them, not for the politicians to choose who will vote for them...

<O>
Old 07-21-21, 11:08 AM   #1669
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

The Democrats gods of science Fauci squirms under questioning. More to come

Remember when Trump said it started at the lab and Democrats, liberals, laughed and mocked him.

Remember when Fauci contrary to Trump, stated the virus was a natural transmission and didn’t start at the lab and democrats viewed him as the most science guy in the world and only holder of the truth? Now we find out he was the one funding gain of function research in Wuhan and covering for his lab cronies at EcoHealth.

Anyone paying attention now and realize the Fauci recently admitted it may have started in a lab.

Wouldn’t that be a shocker if the boot licking Democrats found that the man they placed on the pedestal of truth & science may have contributed to the deaths of over 4 million people world wide?

Tic tock tic tock

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 07-21-21 at 11:34 AM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-21, 11:48 AM   #1670
vienna
Navy Seal

What I'm really waiting for is to see what the grandstanding Sen. Paul gets out of his 'criminal referral' gimmick; it could be a 'careful what you wish for" moment; if it goes forward, expect to see a slew of criminal referrals against all those Turd Reich minions and Trumpettes who lied their asses off in front of Congress over the past few years; this would include, of course, those who willfully lied about the Covid pandemic failed response by the previous administration in order to appease and cover the fat ass on T****...

As for Faucci, he's not really in a need to worry; what Sen. Paul did was an echo of the whole "the election was stolen!!" farce; in order for Paul's 'referral' to get anywhere, he would have to decisively prove Faucci knowingly and willfully lied in his statements to Congress, which means Paul would have to definitively and decisively prove:

a) The Covid virus was deliberately leaked for the Wuhan Lab;

b) The CDC deliberately funded the specific activities at Wuhan for that specific purpose;

c) Faucci had a direct and causal control over those Wuhan activities;

d) Faucci was fully aware of the alleged activities at Wuhan and failed to either exercise control or alert the appropriate authorities;

e) There is absolute, beyond a shadow of a doubt, proof, evidence or testimony to support all of the above as criminal actions;

I really don't think Faucci is at all worried or even gives Paul any thought at all...

As for Sen. Paul, well, he's just butt hurt that Faucci publicly tore him a new one and shoved it in Paul's face; that, and how he "let down the side" of his GOP cronies by blowing, big time, a chance to further deflect from what is heavily weighing on their parties mind: how will they explain away the failures of the Turd Reich vis-a-vis the Pandemic, the parties support for those failures, the continuing failures by the GOP to adequately address continuing Pandemic issues, etc., when the Mid-Term Elections come around next year; the GOP is scrambling and clutching at straws to avoid being held to account for their weak-kneed ass-kissing of the Great MAGAt Rump while US citizens (aka voters) were left without leadership to suffer the effects, too often lethal and crippling, of Covid...

Paul's "criminal referral"? Just a weak pathetic, desperate effort to save face, deflect from his own shortcomings, and to mitigate further fallout from his own party; keep this in mind: while anyone, such as Faucci, can be indicted/charged with lying to Congress in a hearing, the Congress members themselves are immune from prosecution, no matter the nature or extent of any lies they may tell; Paul has a free "Get Out of Jail" card, Faucci dose not...

<O>
Old 07-21-21, 02:47 PM   #1671
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:
What I'm really waiting for is to see what the grandstanding Sen. Paul gets out of his 'criminal referral' gimmick; it could be a 'careful what you wish for" moment; if it goes forward, expect to see a slew of criminal referrals against all those Turd Reich minions and Trumpettes who lied their asses off in front of Congress over the past few years; this would include, of course, those who willfully lied about the Covid pandemic failed response by the previous administration in order to appease and cover the fat ass on T****...

As for Faucci, he's not really in a need to worry; what Sen. Paul did was an echo of the whole "the election was stolen!!" farce; in order for Paul's 'referral' to get anywhere, he would have to decisively prove Faucci knowingly and willfully lied in his statements to Congress, which means Paul would have to definitively and decisively prove:

a) The Covid virus was deliberately leaked for the Wuhan Lab;

b) The CDC deliberately funded the specific activities at Wuhan for that specific purpose;

c) Faucci had a direct and causal control over those Wuhan activities;

d) Faucci was fully aware of the alleged activities at Wuhan and failed to either exercise control or alert the appropriate authorities;

e) There is absolute, beyond a shadow of a doubt, proof, evidence or testimony to support all of the above as criminal actions;

I really don't think Faucci is at all worried or even gives Paul any thought at all...

As for Sen. Paul, well, he's just butt hurt that Faucci publicly tore him a new one and shoved it in Paul's face; that, and how he "let down the side" of his GOP cronies by blowing, big time, a chance to further deflect from what is heavily weighing on their parties mind: how will they explain away the failures of the Turd Reich vis-a-vis the Pandemic, the parties support for those failures, the continuing failures by the GOP to adequately address continuing Pandemic issues, etc., when the Mid-Term Elections come around next year; the GOP is scrambling and clutching at straws to avoid being held to account for their weak-kneed ass-kissing of the Great MAGAt Rump while US citizens (aka voters) were left without leadership to suffer the effects, too often lethal and crippling, of Covid...

Paul's "criminal referral"? Just a weak pathetic, desperate effort to save face, deflect from his own shortcomings, and to mitigate further fallout from his own party; keep this in mind: while anyone, such as Faucci, can be indicted/charged with lying to Congress in a hearing, the Congress members themselves are immune from prosecution, no matter the nature or extent of any lies they may tell; Paul has a free "Get Out of Jail" card, Faucci dose not...
<O>
Does nobody think for themselves anymore? or do they just regurgitate what they read/hear on the internet?
MaDef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-21, 02:52 PM   #1672
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

To stay in this Wuhan virus discussion.

Let us for the sake of peace say/believe it came from a market in China.

As Skybird wrote many month ago in our Wuhan thread It would mean war.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-21, 02:59 PM   #1673
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Tic tock tic tock Fauci tic tock tic tock Peter Daszak

Old 07-21-21, 03:05 PM   #1674
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
To stay in this Wuhan virus discussion.

Let us for the sake of peace say/believe it came from a market in China.

As Skybird wrote many month ago in our Wuhan thread It would mean war.

Markus
War? Not unless it’s discovered Fauci is caught lying to Congress and it is found he was funding his pal Peter Daszak’s EcoHealth gain of function research that escaped from Wuhan Lab.

Old 07-21-21, 03:13 PM   #1675
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:

As for Faucci, he's not really in a need to worry;

<O>
Idk, I watched the video. Fauci seemed worried as he looked wide eyed around the room hoping to find support and you know what I heard? Absolutely nothing, nobody spoke up for him. Just Rand Paul staring back at him, like I said in the other thread, if looks could kill Fauci would have keeled over then and there.

Old 07-21-21, 03:17 PM   #1676
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
War? Not unless it’s discovered Fauci is caught lying to Congress and it is found he was funding his pal Peter Daszak’s EcoHealth gain of function research that escaped from Wuhan Lab.
You mean like those of us with any critical thinking skills pondered the possibility of *last year*?

*Anyone* who had ever worked with the USG knows this is how these things happen. Plausible deniability and Clintonesque deny deny deny and "what is the definition of 'is'?" stall tactics.

Fauci is a weaselly little turd who should end up making big rocks into little rocks, in a just world.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-21, 03:24 PM   #1677
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

If you have any trust in Ron Paul after what he said you must be out of your mind. Let him make a "criminal referral" against Fauci, i'll grab my popcorn. If i were Fauci i'd instantly file for injunctive relief and let Rand Paul run around like a headless chicken. The way he tried to disturb all of Fauci's stements by babbling rubbish here was childish and primitive.
I think it's actually positive that Fauci for once replied in the only way those imbeciles understand.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-21, 03:40 PM   #1678
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Where did this Fauci thing come from ? I know he was the leading Corona doctor under the former President. And now he is accused-That's how I read it.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-21, 04:00 PM   #1679
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

He DARED to criticise the PRESIDENT of the time, no this is wrong: he just said the truth which made the president and his blithering look dumb, and they never forgave him. So full-out attack against his credibility. Strange no one questioned the accuser's.
But if types like Taylor Greene are being trusted more than experienced scientists you do not need to have any illusions about thinking, credibility or truth.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-21, 07:33 PM   #1680
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
He DARED to criticise the PRESIDENT of the time, no this is wrong: he just said the truth which made the president and his blithering look dumb, and they never forgave him. So full-out attack against his credibility. Strange no one questioned the accuser's.
But if types like Taylor Greene are being trusted more than experienced scientists you do not need to have any illusions about thinking, credibility or truth.
Actually the president was closer to telling the truth when he said the virus escaped from The Wuhan lab. As I suggested early on Trump’s ego and desire to always be the center of attention demanded he drop hints or share whatever he heard in his morning brief, even if he shouldn’t have he did, he couldn’t help it.

Of course when Fauci spoke something contrary or as you say ‘dared criticize’ Trump by saying it was not a lab leak but rather a natural transmission. the Democrat liberal boot lickers were estatic and liberal media cheered there new found hero on. Facts be damned they loved their new god of science who dared.

However in hindsight by outright denying it came from the lab it appears he may have been trying to divert attention away from Wuhan Lab leak because Fauci was funding EcoHealth’s gain of function experiments at that lab. The liberals hero and god of science may have actually contributed to the deaths of over 4 million people.

Tic tock tic toc low hanging fruit inner circles and all that

Last edited by Rockstar; 07-21-21 at 07:59 PM.