SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-25-10, 02:25 PM   #211
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 175
Uploads: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhapprich View Post
Yap, thought so. tried it the whole afternoon with mine, but didnt work properly. couldn`t put more than 6 together. don`t know why, but the game kept crashing. I´ll implement the connings into the hull model. maybe that`l do the trick. the whole "separate conning file " thing is quite a pain in the ass afterall. will keep the mod smaller. could you send me the US subs for testing, when they are playable , please?CU
Sure thing. I had the problem you are describing as well. Can't remember what I did to fix it though.

USS Kentucky SSBN 737 (G)
Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Yes I was really on a submarine.
ETR3(SS) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-10, 07:07 PM   #212
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

Location: Drinking coffee and staring at trees in Massachusetts
Downloads: 280
Uploads: 0

just avoid 11,22,33 in the (nn) section of

"UnitParts(nn)(subclass).upc"

if memory serves me right, I could be more precise if I was looking at a SH4 install.
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!
Sledgehammer427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-10, 07:48 PM   #213
jhapprich
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Yes, I know. I found out myself some time ago and therefore left these out. the proplem is not, that the connings disappear in campaign and single missions.i am currently running 20 new subs in one mod. i`ve solved this. it`s that not all of the boats will show up in one single mission in order to make a screenshot like ETRSS did.
Old 09-25-10, 11:55 PM   #214
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 175
Uploads: 16

Quote:
Yes, I know. I found out myself some time ago and therefore left these out. the proplem is not, that the connings disappear in campaign and single missions.i am currently running 20 new subs in one mod. i`ve solved this. it`s that not all of the boats will show up in one single mission in order to make a screenshot like ETRSS did.
I remember what I did to fix it now. You need to go into the Roster file for each boat and change the DisplayName= line. Most where still set to the default for the S Class. I also changed the UnitInterval date to 1920 in the UPC file for each boat as that was the next hurdle I had to overcome.

USS Kentucky SSBN 737 (G)
Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Yes I was really on a submarine.
ETR3(SS) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-10, 04:46 AM   #215
jhapprich
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I`ll try changing the Unitinterval to 1920, the roster files are all set to the specific Boat. I guess the reason could be another one. Example I can put together the Kilo, the Foxtrot and the Whiskey and place the Porpoise as american sub to start from ( what maybe is not necessary). this works ingame. when I place the Zulu also into the file , the game crashes at the time the "Please Wait" screen when loading the mission should appear. I also found this: Whiskey and Zulu are based on the SH3 Type XXI 3D model but share the Dat/Sim/Val/Zon/Dsd for Hull and Sail of the Type 18 Uboat.that also means that the nodes etc. inside the dat are both sharing the same designation and ID. so when I singularily load the ZULU Mod , the type XVIII will still work ingame as both subs have different classnames and custom basic files, but the dat file of it will be overwritten partially by the Zulu`s, which seems to matter when you add nodes to the specific file. Finally, the Type 18 comes up with th 3rd propeller and the stern tube doors of the Zulu, and I can watch the Zulu in the Museum, but attempting to watch the Type 18 will cause a game crash. same thing when loading the Charlie, which is based on the Balao-> Balao will have the dummy rocket launcher Doors. I will change the ID´s and adjust the internal nodenames and see what happens.
Old 09-26-10, 07:29 AM   #216
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 18

Quote:
I`ll try changing the Unitinterval to 1920, the roster files are all set to the specific Boat. I guess the reason could be another one. Example I can put together the Kilo, the Foxtrot and the Whiskey and place the Porpoise as american sub to start from ( what maybe is not necessary). this works ingame. when I place the Zulu also into the file , the game crashes at the time the "Please Wait" screen when loading the mission should appear. I also found this: Whiskey and Zulu are based on the SH3 Type XXI 3D model but share the Dat/Sim/Val/Zon/Dsd for Hull and Sail of the Type 18 Uboat.that also means that the nodes etc. inside the dat are both sharing the same designation and ID. so when I singularily load the ZULU Mod , the type XVIII will still work ingame as both subs have different classnames and custom basic files, but the dat file of it will be overwritten partially by the Zulu`s, which seems to matter when you add nodes to the specific file. Finally, the Type 18 comes up with th 3rd propeller and the stern tube doors of the Zulu, and I can watch the Zulu in the Museum, but attempting to watch the Type 18 will cause a game crash. same thing when loading the Charlie, which is based on the Balao-> Balao will have the dummy rocket launcher Doors. I will change the ID´s and adjust the internal nodenames and see what happens.
didn't you read peabody and I's sub cloning tutorial thread ?

keltos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-10, 07:51 AM   #217
jhapprich
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

No, I did not. However I was right.It solved the problem. lets see what you wrote in your tutorial...
Old 09-26-10, 08:01 AM   #218
jhapprich
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

LOL!!!! How Stupid! I always was so concerned about the Model and design and the extra stuff and a bunch of nuclear weapons to blow the Japs to the Mars I did totally forget about that basic ID thing! THANKS KELTOS (and Peabody)
Old 09-26-10, 09:48 AM   #219
Marka Ragnos
Weps

Downloads: 184

Are there plans to build a Borei class?
Old 09-26-10, 10:22 AM   #220
jhapprich
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

And here we go...
Old 09-26-10, 12:22 PM   #221
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 18

wow !

keltos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-10, 01:37 PM   #222
Marka Ragnos
Weps

Downloads: 184

holy crap

Are they all finished? I would like to get my hands on that delta IV :p

angain holy crap
Old 09-26-10, 01:53 PM   #223
jhapprich
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

They`re not all finished, and it is a Delta III. I knew You`d like it :-)

Last edited by jhapprich; 09-26-10 at 02:05 PM.
Old 09-26-10, 02:28 PM   #224
Hotmanandre
Sparky

Downloads: 194

Greetings wouldn't like to complete this boat at me not time to complete this boat. My model project-685.
Old 09-26-10, 02:33 PM   #225
Schwieger
Commodore

Downloads: 62

If you guys are add the Oscar II I would appreciate it if you could release it separate from the rest of the mod.

Support U-Boot_HAHD: Install Dropbox Click Here & Increase The Teams Dropbox space and get 2.25GB of free online Storage space for yourself.
Schwieger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
modern, submarine