SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-24-17, 06:43 PM   #1
Wiz33
Navy Dude

Downloads: 23
Uploads: 0

Default Typhoon refuse to die !!

The damn Typhoon was hit by 3 MK48 and was sitting on the seafloor with 3 big holes in it yet it refuses to die. Had to drive another torp manually into it to finish the job. Just wish the game would have counted it as a kill as it would never raise on it's power given all the damage.
Wiz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-17, 08:07 AM   #2
Kapitan
Sub Test Pilot

Downloads: 68
Uploads: 7

You would be very very surprised just how much damage a typhoon can take, they have not only a double hull but also two pressure hulls side by side that can be independently locked out and water tight it could stand the damage and in fact was built to take direct hits this is what a lot of people dont realise The typhoon is built to take that punishment and has a reserve buoyancy of nearly 45% (where as the 688i has around 11%)

Find out about Museum Ships here: https://www.museumships.us/

Flickr for all my pictures: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131313936@N03/

Navy general board articles: https://www.navygeneralboard.com/author/aegis/
Kapitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-17, 09:07 AM   #3
The Bandit
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 39
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitan View Post
You would be very very surprised just how much damage a typhoon can take, they have not only a double hull but also two pressure hulls side by side that can be independently locked out and water tight it could stand the damage and in fact was built to take direct hits this is what a lot of people dont realise The typhoon is built to take that punishment and has a reserve buoyancy of nearly 45% (where as the 688i has around 11%)
If it can still launch one of its missiles it doesn't matter how many holes are in it.......
Old 07-02-17, 11:23 AM   #4
schurem
Loader

Downloads: 42

You'd think it'd have to be at a certain shallow depth and level in order to launch its payload, not listing and dying on the bottom of the sea ��
schurem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-17, 11:54 AM   #5
Wiz33
Navy Dude

Quote:
Not talking technical data as we can certainly debate that to depth. What I'm saying is that for this game, Since it's seems to be hard for torps to hit something sitting on the seafloor without using manual control in the 3D view (which is consider by some as unrealistic). A stricken sub sitting on the seafloor should be consider sunk for gameplay sake.
Old 07-02-17, 12:27 PM   #6
schurem
Loader

Downloads: 42

i disagree. the typhoon should be way harder to kill dead than a november. not only is that more lifelike, but more importantly, it lends the game texture.
schurem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-17, 02:06 PM   #7
Wiz33
Navy Dude

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by schurem View Post
i disagree. the typhoon should be way harder to kill dead than a november. not only is that more lifelike, but more importantly, it lends the game texture.
It would be fine if you can launch a torp to finish it without using manual control,but since that doesn't work most of the time. It's just a waste of ammo and time in the campaign.