SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-23-21, 05:54 PM   #1471
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 0

I don't think so Markus, that blood and guts nonsense is so 20th century, besides that, the well fed young citizenry will out populate the older citizens soon and they'll dominate the election booths too.
Any western leader who bangs the war drums will not be banging them for long I can tell you, future world wars are not going to be fought with humans like in the past wars but with new modern designs like drones and whatnot.
Old 06-23-21, 06:02 PM   #1472
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
The collective US leadership is weak and stupid and cares more about feelings than getting stuff done and they have been since the 1960s.

There should be only one focus during a war. Kill your enemies by any means necessary. Destroy their means of making war. Crush their will to fight.

The US and most of its citizens are entirely too soft to fight a war with the will to win.
You sound like you want to start one.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-21, 07:55 PM   #1473
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
Pffft, is that it, you can only come up with the Germans again, the world has changed from the 1940's and it's time your mindset did too.

The first time you pick a fight with a large technologically advanced country is the day that the USA's dominance will be over, in fact, if I remember right, some inferior countries gave the USA more than a fat lip when they interfered with their internal politics.
Look to the East old boy, there lies your Huckleberry.

You sound like you hope it will happen buddy, but don't forget the next time we go to war with a large technologically advanced county that is quite likely the day that your country, along with ours and everyone elses, is turned into radioactive wastelands so don't act so eager.

We did not ask for this role as world policeman but it was your country far more than others that pushed us into taking up that mantle to protect your dying empire.

We had to send our boys overseas to die twice during the last century because you got yourselves in a pickle with your neighbors. You ask me we and the world would have been far better off if we'd have just let you settle it amongst yourselves. Had we done that in 1917 maybe there wouldn't have been a second war.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-21, 04:02 AM   #1474
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

I don’t think many people on either side of politics don’t know what they are talking about to some extent.

With the Republicans wishing for a full blown military coup similar to what happened in Myanmar, it leaves me questioning the sanity of the people who said it would be a good idea.

Those people who support it have really no idea how bad and horrible a military takeover would be. I am also pretty sure that if the military did successfully take over Trump wouldn’t be put into power, the country would be run by a military Junta which arguably could be worse than having Trump as president.

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-21, 04:09 AM   #1475
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Quote:
With the Republicans wishing for a full blown military coup similar to what happened in Myanmar, it leaves me questioning the sanity of the people who said it would be a good idea.

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-21, 04:16 AM   #1476
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

I wish it wasn’t true…

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...qanon.amp.html

https://newrepublic.com/article/1625...p-myanmar-coup

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Old 06-24-21, 04:51 AM   #1477
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
You sound like you hope it will happen buddy.
No, no, no, I'm against war as they've never achieved a satisfactory outcome, not for the winner and definitely not for the loser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
We did not ask for this role as world policeman but it was your country far more than others that pushed us into taking up that mantle to protect your dying empire.
Wrong, you Americans wanted it.
How America Became the World’s Policeman
https://www.independent.org/news/article.asp?id=6336
Quote:
After WWII, the Old Right became the strongest force resisting a foreign policy of anti-communism that became the heart of the Cold War. One reason: They thought a Cold War would lead to imperialism abroad and totalitarianism at home, because power would need to be centralized in the executive branch.
The other side of the debate consisted largely of anti-communist politicians and corporate liberals who clamoured to establish a permanent network of military bases, economic interventions and alliances around the world. Corporate liberals are businessmen who are notorious for pushing through anti-free market measures in order to profit from them. They enter into an unofficial partnership with sympathetic politicians and together become a ruling elite.
The elite side won, and it did so definitively. Today’s runaway foreign policy is rooted directly in their victory back in 1947
Your government see China as an enemy and not as an economic competitor, that mentality needs to change before it unleashes something beyond your governments control. These modern youngsters will be far more anti-war demonstrative than the student demo's of the Vietnam war era, and that alone will make the war drum bangers unelectable, the old politicians of the 20th century will be outnumbered in 20 years or so, the thing is, their time is already up and they're too blinkered to see it.
Old 06-24-21, 06:07 AM   #1478
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

The courses plot in the Great Orange Party are reasons for major concerns. The US, as I see it, is increasingly destabilizing and pushing towards a shamelessly unhidden tyranny.

If this momentum is not brought to a stop in the coming few years, the US soon will be where we once have been.

The GOP in general and the left extremists amongst Democrats are extremely worrying. My outlook on the US is dystopian.
Old 06-24-21, 09:39 PM   #1479
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Pretty amazing how General Milley slaps down the GOP over what's taught in military acadamies, over what caused January 6th, express offense at the military being accused of being too woke, and then see Matt Gaetz shake his stupid moronic fat head in disagreement.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...-gaetz-vpx.cnn

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-21, 11:23 PM   #1480
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

My respect for General Miley just went off the charts with his comments ^^^

Old 06-25-21, 12:19 AM   #1481
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Can we all just agree for once on one thing in this thread; Gaetz is one of the weirdest, most stupid looking man on this spinning ball. He looks like one of those memes where you take one half of someone's face and then just mirror it on the other side.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-21, 06:04 AM   #1482
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-21, 06:19 AM   #1483
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Old 06-25-21, 06:44 AM   #1484
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Pretty amazing how General Milley slaps down the GOP over what's taught in military acadamies, over what caused January 6th, express offense at the military being accused of being too woke, and then see Matt Gaetz shake his stupid moronic fat head in disagreement.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...-gaetz-vpx.cnn
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Whacko View Post
My respect for General Miley just went off the charts with his comments ^^^
Wow - neither of you are able to get that both Milley and SecDef initially stated they don't teach CRT - until confronted with the receipts. Then they backpedaled and defended teaching it. That isn't worthy of respect or praise - it's worthy of derision. Had they unapologetically stated that they did teach it, I could at least respect them not trying to triangulate the "right" answer for their audiences...

Fact of the matter is that CRT and other "wokism" crap is a cancer that does nothing to make the military better able to fight wars. It does nothing to make citizens respect each others' rights. It only serves to divide the US along racial lines (the communists used class instead of race in Lenin's and Mao's times) while keeping the grift going for those getting paid to teach it.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-21, 07:34 AM   #1485
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

I believe the concen of Geatz had was he heard CRT woke political activism taught at West Point. Seems he may have heard right. But by the sound of it was given the run around by two people trying to cover their tracks.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...and-white-rage

To top it off Carol Anderson also seems to have promoted a call for the military to resist the Commander in Chief. So ya I can see why some officers may have had some concern.

Yet when confronted we were told flat out by SecDef they dont teach that. . And the general? That clown actually stated he has to read a book about his whiteness. LOL

Last edited by Rockstar; 06-25-21 at 09:15 AM.