SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-30-12, 01:06 PM   #1
Marka Ragnos
Weps

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 0
Default [TEC] How to make tbt invicible

Hi all,

I am currently making a mod and i'm scratching my hair on this one
I made the periscopes invisible (yep a typo in the thread's title ) also the rudders, propellor, etc is invisible.

But how do i make the watchmen, air search radar antenne and tbt invisible?

Here is a screenshot

Last edited by Marka Ragnos; 06-30-12 at 01:18 PM.
Marka Ragnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-12, 03:29 PM   #2
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

lol, what are you going for? a cloaking device?

can you tell yet if the enemy can still detect you when invisible yet?

also i think you should keep the bow waves and wake so the ship is invisible but you can still have the water disturbances of a realistic invisible ship, if there is such a thing
Old 06-30-12, 03:38 PM   #3
Marka Ragnos
Weps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webster View Post
lol, what are you going for? a cloaking device?

can you tell yet if the enemy can still detect you when invisible yet?

also i think you should keep the bow waves and wake so the ship is invisible but you can still have the water disturbances of a realistic invisible ship, if there is such a thing

wow nice comment :s

if this is your idea of a invisble boat.....

Old 06-30-12, 07:55 PM   #4
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marka Ragnos View Post
Hi all,

I am currently making a mod and i'm scratching my hair on this one
I made the periscopes invisible (yep a typo in the thread's title ) also the rudders, propellor, etc is invisible.

But how do i make the watchmen, air search radar antenne and tbt invisible?

Here is a screenshot

My suggestions:

Get the latest version of S3ditor if you don't have it already.

For the watchmen, go to the .dat file for whichever conning tower you are using in:

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\Data\Objects\[conning tower name.dat]

Then look for nodes that are responsible for character creation. They will have names like "WCS_05_Dummy". Try clicking the "visible" option on the right. I'm almost 100% sure that will work. If not, try deleting them or setting all of their properties to "NULL". Make sure to back up your files before making any changes!

For the visible sensors go to:

E:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\Data\Library\USSubParts\Sensors_sub_US.dat

You will see visible representations of the sensors. Click the "visible" checkbox and make them invisible. If for some reason that doesn't work, replace them with a blank 3d .obj file.

Let me know if this works.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-12, 10:56 PM   #5
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
wow nice comment :s

if this is your idea of a invisble boat.....
you didnt show a picture of a sub, the included picture only showed the men you wanted to hide and a blue area that i couldnt identify.

had you shown a different image or explained it better then you would have gotten a different response, after all how in the world was i supposed to know it was for the seaquest project if you didnt explain that.

there are a lot of people who do a lot of things that are different so i take questions as they are and dont try to judge the intent or validity of them.

making light of things isnt meant to be insulting, merely offering a little humor to a strange request, its a shame you took it the wrong way
Old 07-01-12, 07:31 AM   #6
Marka Ragnos
Weps

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambecomelife View Post
My suggestions:

Get the latest version of S3ditor if you don't have it already.

For the watchmen, go to the .dat file for whichever conning tower you are using in:

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\Data\Objects\[conning tower name.dat]

Then look for nodes that are responsible for character creation. They will have names like "WCS_05_Dummy". Try clicking the "visible" option on the right. I'm almost 100% sure that will work. If not, try deleting them or setting all of their properties to "NULL". Make sure to back up your files before making any changes!

For the visible sensors go to:

E:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\Data\Library\USSubParts\Sensors_sub_US.dat

You will see visible representations of the sensors. Click the "visible" checkbox and make them invisible. If for some reason that doesn't work, replace them with a blank 3d .obj file.

Let me know if this works.
That did it, thanks alot.

awesome option on silent editor, to hide something but still have the ability to use it.
Old 07-01-12, 07:32 AM   #7
Marka Ragnos
Weps

Quote:
you didnt show a picture of a sub, the included picture only showed the men you wanted to hide and a blue area that i couldnt identify.

had you shown a different image or explained it better then you would have gotten a different response, after all how in the world was i supposed to know it was for the seaquest project if you didnt explain that.

there are a lot of people who do a lot of things that are different so i take questions as they are and dont try to judge the intent or validity of them.

making light of things isnt meant to be insulting, merely offering a little humor to a strange request, its a shame you took it the wrong way
I know i can make some strange requests at times but english is not my native language so sometimes i misread or misunderstand something

sorry about that
Old 07-01-12, 07:35 AM   #8
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297

Very glad I could help. I need to make the same changes for my WWI submarine mod, because of course the first U-Boats did not have things like radar or sonar domes.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-12, 02:36 PM   #9
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
sorry about that

and i am sorry i made light of the request and tried to inject humor

the mod is looking great from what i can see, the skin still seams a little plain so maybe a little texture and shading work could give it a more "real" look to it
Old 07-04-12, 11:24 AM   #10
Marka Ragnos
Weps

Quote:
and i am sorry i made light of the request and tried to inject humor

the mod is looking great from what i can see, the skin still seams a little plain so maybe a little texture and shading work could give it a more "real" look to it
I have been working on the texture, which is not that easy in this case

this is my latest result