SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-08, 09:21 AM   #181
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeWolf
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeWolf
Mystery of the black Clemson

The reason the black NDD Clemson has been solved for the MO_v40x Beta37.
To fix you need to edit your Roster cfg files for the Clemson you can locate the for example here:
Data/Roster/British/Sea/DDClemson.cfg

Open in text editor and paste the following over the exiting entry

[UnitClass]
ClassName=DDClemson

That'll fix her

-ZeeWolf
From beta 3

you may want to check your install
I have the new beta 3.7 installed
I just had the issue in single missions I created from the last install. But once I discovered the Town class destroyers were not appearing available in the mission editor I found out why.
The Town class needed a separate .cfg file in the British Sea Roster. So I took the file DDClemson.cfg copied it, then immediately pasted it back in the same folder and
renamed it DDTown.cfg. Then I altered the DDClemson.cfg as I mentioned above.
Now it works great, I can create single missions with the Town class Destroyers.

-Zee Wolf
I show it in the editor. What "else" do you have installed? That the only way that there can be a problem
The other thing I have installed are my single missions I created with the previous
betas and stock versions. They are where I first noticed the black clemsom.

-ZeeWolf
Old 08-12-08, 03:53 PM   #182
Orion2012
Commodore

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthVrooks
I have the exact opposite problem as Orion and anteater. The last 4 times I've tried to start a mission I get the same thing. I leave port get to the Atlantic and get spotted by a Liberator. When I dive it doesn't matter what depth I go to or which direction I turn it tracks me for over 12 hours following every move I make strafing on almost every pass. Then some other aircraft show up and manage to track me until I have to surface due to carbon dioxide build up or low batteries. Anybody else get this? It only seems to happen when initially spotted by a Liberator. I snapped these two screens to show I wasn't exaggerating the time :p It's May 31, 1943 when I leave port and I'm running the latest beta with RSRDC, ROW PE 3.3 and spaxs UBoat speech fix v8

Could be the glitch with the visual sensors and the enviro mods. I'm not being attacked and killed, I don't see any aircraft, but I digress. There is a glitch mentioned in the TMO read me about aircraft detecting you at impossible depths. I understand you aren't running TMO, but you are running PE3.3. The glitch in question isn't just TMO just a warning that some of the enviroment mods cause aircraft to detect you at impossible depths. How deep do you dive to?? The TMO readme says somthing about aircraft DC's having a max depth of 146 feet (or something similar).

But if this is happening numerous times.....:hmm:
Old 08-12-08, 07:01 PM   #183
DarthVrooks
Seaman

Downloads: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion2012

Could be the glitch with the visual sensors and the enviro mods. I'm not being attacked and killed, I don't see any aircraft, but I digress. There is a glitch mentioned in the TMO read me about aircraft detecting you at impossible depths. I understand you aren't running TMO, but you are running PE3.3. The glitch in question isn't just TMO just a warning that some of the enviroment mods cause aircraft to detect you at impossible depths. How deep do you dive to?? The TMO readme says somthing about aircraft DC's having a max depth of 146 feet (or something similar).

I went down to around 150meters or so and maneuvered at various speeds, changed depth nothing worked. I remember reading something like you stated somewhere just looking around a while ago but it's never happened except in the OM mod which led me to post it here instead of in a stand alone thread or somewhere else. Also as I mentioned it only seems to happen when spotted first by a Liberator. I've dove for Catalina's, Wellingtons, Wildcats, sometimes a Catalina will stay over head and make a strafing run for a while after I submerge but usually it doesn't appear to be anything more then a follow up attack for a few minutes then it leaves. Plus it only started happening right around the date I gave, May 31 1943. Before that I had seen a couple but they never followed me like this. I'll uninstall PE3.3 later and see what happens, thanks for the response.
Old 08-12-08, 07:34 PM   #184
Strelich
Swabbie

Downloads: 31

While on a mission in the Black Sea, I was engaged by a Soviet 'BD-3' (technically DB-3) which was flying very slow (rather 'super star destroyer' slow). It can also be seen doing this in the museum, though I dare say it is somewhat amusing to run circles around it whilst shooting
Old 08-12-08, 10:56 PM   #185
DarthVrooks
Seaman

I went back and uninstalled PE 3.3 and played the game with no environmental mod, then played it with the Environmental 4.7 mod and still got the same results, except with the 4.7 I encountered a Catalina that tracked me through maneuvers even though it had no ammo left to attack apparently as it didn't fire after the first few runs. These screens are from the game with no environmental mod, still a Liberator that tracked me over the course of an hour, even through a constant turn at varying speeds. I had more shots but figured 4 was enough to show it

always almost exactly on the spot.....maybe it can see the orange marker? :p
Old 08-13-08, 04:06 AM   #186
Genferret
Loader

Downloads: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelich
While on a mission in the Black Sea, I was engaged by a Soviet 'BD-3' (technically DB-3) which was flying very slow (rather 'super star destroyer' slow). It can also be seen doing this in the museum, though I dare say it is somewhat amusing to run circles around it whilst shooting
Was about to report that one myself. :rotfl:

I fired up Fraps when I noticed it and made this:

Old 08-13-08, 05:07 AM   #187
DarthVrooks
Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genferret

Was about to report that one myself. :rotfl:

I fired up Fraps when I noticed it and made this:

I so have to go find this bug now, I laughed hard...although points off for getting that stupid song stuck in my head again....took me 3 years to get it out the first time :p
Old 08-13-08, 06:43 AM   #188
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthVrooks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion2012

I went down to around 150meters or so and maneuvered at various speeds, changed depth nothing worked. I remember reading something like you stated somewhere just looking around a while ago but it's never happened except in the OM mod which led me to post it here instead of in a stand alone thread or somewhere else. Also as I mentioned it only seems to happen when spotted first by a Liberator. I've dove for Catalina's, Wellingtons, Wildcats, sometimes a Catalina will stay over head and make a strafing run for a while after I submerge but usually it doesn't appear to be anything more then a follow up attack for a few minutes then it leaves. Plus it only started happening right around the date I gave, May 31 1943. Before that I had seen a couple but they never followed me like this. I'll uninstall PE3.3 later and see what happens, thanks for the response.
RSRDC & OM use the visual mode from TMO

Planes are detecting me at impossible depths! What gives?!

This mod assigns additional visual sensors to unit types. One of these sensors goes to just aircraft. This visual sensor gives aircraft the ability to detect shallow submerged objects. However, there is a small problem. The radius of visual detection can be adjusted, just not the depth. There is a long drawn out explanation for the way things are set the way they are, but suffice to say, yes occasionaly a plane will make a detection at a seemingly impossible depth. Such occurances are by my experience however, rare. Submerged visual detection by aircraft, isnt a 100% thing. Several factors come into play such as, what angle your sub is to the viewing plane (bows on vs broadside), state of the sea, lightinig level, fog level, etc. Every step has been made to ensure that submerged detection is as realistic as the game engine allows, and fair to the player. Visual detection was even made to be effected by thermal layers. So all that can be done, has been done. You may wonder why this was one at all. Simply because the positive aspects of this particular mod far outweigh the occasional scruple. In the end this is a MODIFCATION, a mod is really nothing more then a hack at a finished product. Its not like i have acces to the source code to effect "real" changes.
Old 08-13-08, 09:13 AM   #189
Genferret
Loader

Type VIIB, XI, VIIC, IXB, IXC, IXC/40, IXD2, VIIC41.

Still have a ghost crew member in the command room. When I go to 'Crew Management' the Command room has 4 members for the first and second watch. Third watch there are only 3 members listed and only 3 crew "boxes" to play with.

Put out to sea and while on the surface go to "Battle Stations" all of the crew lights up but one individual. Drag him to a new station and he wakes up.
Old 08-13-08, 05:35 PM   #190
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelich

There was a corrupted "unit_Airplane in the .sim file. Will be corrected in Beta 4
Old 08-13-08, 05:37 PM   #191
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:

Still have a ghost crew member in the command room. When I go to 'Crew Management' the Command room has 4 members for the first and second watch. Third watch there are only 3 members listed and only 3 crew "boxes" to play with.

Put out to sea and while on the surface go to "Battle Stations" all of the crew lights up but one individual. Drag him to a new station and he wakes up.
As designed
Old 08-13-08, 07:34 PM   #192
Genferret
Loader

Quote:
Quote:

As designed
So then is it intended that we leave him in his original station as a "ghost" or move him to another station/compartment?

When I moved him I didn't notice the third watch take any hit to it's effectiveness.

Also, would you mind me asking why the third watch has just 3 members for the control room?
Old 08-14-08, 03:13 AM   #193
urfisch
Sea Lord

Downloads: 42

what about the missing rudder guy in the control room? and there are also a lot of wrong crew model animations in type VII. seems, as if they are still on patrol in a type IX...

:hmm:

Old 08-14-08, 06:35 AM   #194
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Genferret & Urfisch

The crew make up was designed by LukeFF and is from RFB 1.5X, if you have problems with his design I recommend you contact him. As far as “no rudder guy in the control room”, it is “as designed”. If you deinstall OM and launch stock 1.5 you find the the same setup.

One thing you have to remember that Operation Monsun is a “Campaign Mode”. There fore, “eye candy” problems have a “low priority” on my work list.
Old 08-14-08, 03:16 PM   #195
Genferret
Loader

Quote:
Genferret & Urfisch

The crew make up was designed by LukeFF and is from RFB 1.5X, if you have problems with his design I recommend you contact him. As far as “no rudder guy in the control room”, it is “as designed”. If you deinstall OM and launch stock 1.5 you find the the same setup.

One thing you have to remember that Operation Monsun is a “Campaign Mode”. There fore, “eye candy” problems have a “low priority” on my work list.
No problems with it, I just usually like to know the insight as to why.

I've read quite a bit of LukeFF's discussions about the crews for RFB on the Fleetboat side of things, and read some of his ideas regarding the U-boat side and generally agree with where he is going with them from a realism standpoint.

Mostly what I'm curious about is if he intended for the player to leave the "ghost" in his original position, or intended for us to move him to another position to achieve the effect he is after.

I didn't mean my question as a complaint, but more as a "ok, so what should we do with the extra guy to ensure we're testing this product as it's designed to be tested." Just atm I tend to type shorter posts than normal as I can only use one hand to do so atm since the othe is broke. :P

I apologize if you took it as a gripe about the awesome mod you're making, it was not intended to come across as such. I'll get in touch with LukeFF I guess and ask what his intentions were for that "extra" crew man.

S!
Closed Thread