SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-07-13, 07:41 AM   #10321
DiD
Watch

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 0

I can't read my ship's journal with viewer-editor.

After playing i have this
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sans titre.jpg (29.7 KB, 15 views)
DiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-13, 09:23 AM   #10322
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
TDW, when i exit game, is this debugview ok?:

Other question: is the 7.4.2 taking DM in account as 7.5.0 v2 test?
Yes all of that is completely normal. Those are the destructors of the DLLs being called.

7.4.2 does nothing with DMs. Only 7.5.0 has the new code and DLLs for working with the DMs.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-13, 09:23 AM   #10323
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by divingbluefrog View Post
On another topic, I find a little bug with the WIIInterface. In the toolbar, I get the SH5enhance icons for fuel, battery, compress air and CO2. I take a look in menu editor, but my screen resolution is 1366x768, and the windows are too big and not resizable. Any idea to get around this problem? I can always try to deal directly with the Page Layout.ini file, but it's a little tricky...
Can you post a screenshot of the problem
Old 06-07-13, 09:27 AM   #10324
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
When i started second mission after docking at Kiel, all previous DM at Dantzig bay were deleted automaticaly!
So it seems NewUIs delete all DM after each time in bunker...that's good
I didn't delete campaign's destroyed units file..
Quote:
Yes me too, but when i started from bunker for second mission, all previous DM were gone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjizzle View Post
same here when i start a new mission all marks from previous mission are gone
that's interesting. The mod should be reading the destroyed unit's file on next game start to get all the DMs. I'll have to look into this
Old 06-07-13, 09:28 AM   #10325
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiD View Post
I can't read my ship's journal with viewer-editor.

After playing i have this
When did this start? Can you post a link to your ship's journal file so I can try and load it and see what's going on
Old 06-07-13, 11:11 AM   #10326
DiD
Watch

thanks a lot.

http://www.mediafire.com/?p8fpct62792xmrw
http://www.mediafire.com/?gj308xxolvnw1yt

and congratulations for your work
Old 06-07-13, 12:04 PM   #10327
divingbluefrog
Medic

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Can you post a screenshot of the problem
Here it is :

I have another annoying little glitch, and as pictures worth hundred words :

Second picture was taken just after the click to set the new course from the first one.
I know from where this problem comes. It's related to the [G3F I639] entry in the Page Layout.ini file. In fact the "New Val" zone ([G3F I643]), which define where to click to set the new course is define with a width of 12 pixel, and the parent, which defines the global zone is 100 pixel wide.
BUT, for a round dial with a rotating needle, the size must be an odd number of pixel, to enabled a "central" pixel which is used as pivot point.
If not the case, the needle is always offset from one pixel, thus the inacurracy of the click.
When the dial is just here to show a feedback of some technical data of the sub, it has absolutely no impact, neither when the area where to give the input doesn't require an absolute precision.
But for a compass, it's mandatory.
I tried to tweak some values in the Page layout.ini file, but unfortunately with no succes yet.

Last edited by divingbluefrog; 06-08-13 at 01:55 PM. Reason: pictures not showing
divingbluefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-13, 05:22 PM   #10328
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by divingbluefrog View Post
I know from the first post of the Generic Patcher thread, that it is "easy" to have different colors for different tools, but what about different colors for a given tool?
Well I added the code to allow the colors to be changed on the fly for the map tools but it didn't work as expected. The game updates all instances of the map tool with the new color WHEN a new instance of the tool is placed on the map. I'd have to rewrite all the map tools code in order to be able to use different colors for each instance of the tool. Maybe someday I'll do this.

In the meantime here's the new feature:

mousing over any map tool (compass, ruler, marker, or protractor) you will see this:

Right clicking the map tool will cause this to appear:

scrolling into each entry of Red, Green, Blue, and Alpha and using the mousewheel will allow you to change the values. The color box will be updated in real time to show you the new color. Once you have the new color wanted mouse over the color box:

Clicking the color box will set the new color for the map tool. The new color DOES NOT take affect until you place a new instance of the tool on the map. Doing so will cause all instances of this tool on the map to change to the new color.

Note: you CAN set the alpha value to make them transparent

Here I clicked the color box to set the new color and placed a new mark on the map:

Here I clicked the Restore original color button to restore the map tool's color to it's original color. NOTE: you still have to click the color box to apply the new color to the map tool! I did click the color box to set the map tools new color. Also note that the instances of the tool on the map remained their previous color. When you place a new instance of the tool on the map then all instances of the tool will change to the new color.

Here I place a new instance of the marker tool and all instances changed to the new color:

NewUIs v7.5.0 test version 6 available here: http://www.mediafire.com/?kags81b36bs6jss

NOTE: Your anti-virus software will probably really complain about TDWDestroyedMarks.dll because of the code I have in their for updating colors in real-time
Old 06-07-13, 05:33 PM   #10329
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
In the meantime here's the new feature...
Cool! How is this feature going to interact with your tool color patches? are the colors set via patcher going to be treated as "original color"?
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-13, 05:35 PM   #10330
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Cool! How is this feature going to interact with your tool color patches? are the colors set via patcher going to be treated as "original color"?
Yes. The DLL reads the colors from the game (in memory) and stores those as the original colors. When you set a new color for the tool the DLL writes the new color to the game's memory. Thus these map tool color changes only persist while the game is active. Once the game is shutdown the changes are gone
Old 06-07-13, 05:42 PM   #10331
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Yes. The DLL reads the colors from the game (in memory) and stores those as the original colors. When you set a new color for the tool the DLL writes the new color to the game's memory. Thus these map tool color changes only persist while the game is active. Once the game is shutdown the changes are gone
That's just perfect
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-13, 06:30 PM   #10332
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Quote:
..In the meantime here's the new feature:
NewUIs v7.5.0 test version 6 available here: http://www.mediafire.com/?kags81b36bs6jss
NOTE: Your anti-virus software will probably really complain about TDWDestroyedMarks.dll because of the code I have in their for updating colors in real-time
What to test in this version? only the color's feature? or something else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
That's just perfect
Agree with the previous orator

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-13, 08:29 PM   #10333
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 456

Quote:
Well I added the code to allow the colors to be changed on the fly for the map tools
So no need to activate colors via patcher now?
Very cool feature, thanks!

By the way, as my career is going further now, have to report DMs aren't all loaded each time i load a save
My DM of Scapa is gone, as well as other one along english coasts. But DM N°3 and 4 are here...
Strange thing is the missing ones already loaded once or twice
Old 06-07-13, 11:46 PM   #10334
divingbluefrog
Medic

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 1

About DM, a usefull feature would be to have the possibility to choose between mission and mini-campaign. Why not all the war if some want it ...
divingbluefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-13, 03:14 AM   #10335
DiD
Watch

When did this start?

I exited the game box three weeks ago. I think it happened when I put New UIs version 7.5 in place of 7.2 or your latest patcher.

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui