Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-20, 05:47 AM   #5296
fumo30
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 0

@Catfish

There's a YouTuber called Fibbox Sll whose channel contain something about 600 of these ...ummm, "songs". The band is L.A. based called Legion of Rock Stars. They're been active since 1998. Youtube has taken down scores of their material, and it looks that L.R.S. is not much liked by Y-T.

Fibbox Sll has an account in Dailymotion.com too, and there can be found L.R.S.'s complete set of songs consisting of over 900 videos.

Why i'm doing this? Thats a good question.

I'm conducting a social experiment to find out how people react when confronting unexpected things.

Well, what i hear when listening L.R.S. also matches my musical skills, so I can sing and whistle along and it sounds just fine.

Born To Be Alive

Last edited by fumo30; 03-01-20 at 06:28 AM.
Old 03-01-20, 10:58 AM   #5297
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 03-02-20, 08:31 AM   #5298
Eisenwurst
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 58

Old 03-02-20, 09:24 AM   #5299
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 03-02-20, 11:54 AM   #5300
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default KVELERTAK

THE PERFECT VIDEO FOR STAYING AWAKE ALLNIGHT BEHIND THE WHEEL IN AN EIGHTEEN WHEELER cranked up over the roar of a 290 Cummins FuelSqueezer....no wonder I'm off to have a hearing test today!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online  
Old 03-02-20, 01:07 PM   #5301
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 03-02-20, 02:27 PM   #5302
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Posted by Commander Wallace further north, Glen Campbell and the Wrecking Crew.. winwinwin

@Fumo thanks but i am not yet used to that
""Legion of Rock stars" invented the performance technique known as the Pure Pleasure Process to free themselves from the shackles of practicing"
Oh yes i can believe this

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 03-03-20, 02:23 AM   #5303
fumo30
Grey Wolf

^I don't know the original, and I don't think I need to know it.
Pure Pleasure indeed!
Old 03-03-20, 02:41 AM   #5304
fumo30
Grey Wolf

Rory Gallagher - Race The Breeze

Old 03-03-20, 03:48 AM   #5305
Eisenwurst
Silent Hunter

Old 03-03-20, 05:25 AM   #5306
Eisenwurst
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
It's not very often I pay this thread a visit.

Well since I have a question and it's music related I thought I would post my question here, instead of starting a new thread.

So here's the question.

Beside your own national anthem. Which I presume you like more or less, what other National anthem do you also like ?

Due to my genes I like three

Danish, Swedish and German's national anthem

(If someone have asked this question before-if so then delete this post)

Markus
Hi Markus. I quite like the Italian National Anthem, you can almost dance to it.

This is a good version :-

Old 03-03-20, 07:38 AM   #5307
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
I like Daryl's house and the idea, though i wonder how musicians today earn their money..

The entire recording industry has been turned on its head in the recent years. Gone are the big label, big dollar signings of artists to mega recording deals. Music streaming and downloading and the virtual elimination of 'hard copy' media like CDs has left the musicians and songwriters with a very diminished revenue stream when it comes to recorded music. Royalties have been cut to a bare minimum and the once powerful Major Labels are left to scramble for whatever they can scrape together; the major labels now function more as general distribution system rather than being the launching ground for new artists and talent. Billie Eilish is a prime example; she and her brother basically recorded their album in the bedroom studio in their house and launched it on their own record label; there ahd been much competition by the major labels to sign Eilish to an exclusive record deal, but she opted to cut out the label as middlemen and self-released, negotiating her own streaming/download deals via her own label...

For other artists, the main source of revenue is touring which i one reason why concert admission prices have gone up so dramatically in recent years; it used to be you toured boost record sales; now you release records to boost you concert tick sales...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumo30 View Post

Better than Hendrix.
glenn branca solo 1978

Looked more to me like Branca was the victim of a ground loop or Grand Mal seizure...

Branca was more like Zappa than Hendrix; a highly gifted guitarist who was better suited and more well known as a composer/arranger than a guitarist; interesting guy...

The whole "better than Hendrix" thing has amused me for a long time. It seems like every time a new slinger comes up the comparison is made to Hendrix and, often, the claim to be "better than". The odd part of such a claim is, on the one hand, it is a tacit acknowledgement of the towering reputation Hendrix still holds a half century after his death, and, on the other hand, that the major litmus test for guitar excellence is Hendrix. You very rarely hear some new guitar talent being compared to other other artist with the same degree of being the measure to which to aspire...

What made Hendrix great was not just his fluidity with the instrument, it was his incomparable mastery of sound, composition, and his ability to relate his inner musical visions through his guitar playing. When Hendrix was playing, guitars and the supporting technology was rather primitive compared to the technology available to today's players. Hendrix had, basically, stock Stratocaster guitars and two or three really elementary pedal effects; form there he basically just plugged into a stock Marshall amp stack; an awful lot of the sounds he produced came, mainly, from his ability to coax the sounds he heard in his head through his fingers and his his innate, instinctive ability to master and harness feedback and tonality. If you watch his filmed performances, a great deal of the time he is nowhere near his pedals and, yet, he is able to make his Strat produce sounds that today's player need to use vast arrays of pedals and other processors to reproduce. Since Hendrix, the only other players I have seen who are anywhere near Hendrix in his abilities have SRV and Prince...

That last bit about pedal arrays reminded me of something I witnessed several years ago at musicians hangout that used to be a few blocks from my home here in Hollywood, The Sound Check Room. The club used to host open mike/jam nights and a lot of local musicians, and, occasionally, major artists would sit in and play. There is a local guitarist, Carlos Guitarlos, who is well known and admired by the local scene for his talent and abilities; he would often sit in on jam nights. Carlos does not suffer fools lightly and is a rather intimidating persona; he is also a firm purist when it comes to guitar playing. One night, Carlos was part of the sort of loosely assembled 'house backing band' and this young guy came in with a massive pedal array and starts to plug in and assemble his web of technology; Carlos sits for awhile, slowly steaming as the kid fritters away time setting up; finally Carlos can take it no more and shouts at the kid, "Hey You! What are you? A Guitar player or an electrician? Just plug the damned guitar into the amp and play!" Scared the kid right off the stage...

Consider this: Hendrix was a recording artist (of his own material) for only about 4 years (1966-1970), and he released only three studio albums in his lifetime, yet he stand out and apart from other longer-lived and recorded artists, influencing a lot of those artists and others following his death. At the time Hendrix burst on the music scene, Fender was going through the processes of discontinuing production of the Stratocaster guitar due to poor sales; after Jimi broke big, Strat sales soared and the brand was saved, particularly after Eric Clapton, who had been using Gibson guitars exclusively, and had been awed by Jimi's performances, switched to playing Strats, and still does today. I saw a clip a while back where some one who was present when Jimi sat in with Cream and, basically, challenged Clapton, and knew both artists, spoke about walking up to Clapton off stage after the set and saw Clapton shaking visibly, fumbling, and trying to light a cigarette; he asked Clapton if he was alright and he said Clapton just looked at him and, referring to Jimi, asked, "Is he really that good?"...

If you go to YT and search Jimi Hendrix, you'll see all types of guitar players, and other musicians, covering Hendrix songs; it would seem the main benchmarks are Voodoo Child (Slight Return), Little Wing, and Hey Joe. Let's watch the original do his thing:

I found this clip while browsing and, aside from showing how Hendrix still inspires, it also shows a young woman who has some very impressive guitar skills; she has an amazing fluidity and flow; guitar playing apparently is a side thing for her, but she may want to consider giving up that day job...

Aw, what the heck, encore...

<O>
Old 03-03-20, 09:15 AM   #5308
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Excellent post Vienna. This is why we missed you. The whole 'best guitarist' thing is something I have pondered and disregarded long ago. Because of course it is for the most part a matter of taste. I can still remember buying Are you Experienced when I was 17 years old and just starting to play the electric guitar. I had an early fascination with electric blues and this album and Fresh Cream were to me seminal events in the guitar music world.

But many guitarists have come and gone since. The story about Hendrix and Clapton is interesting. I remember reading about it shortly after it happened. I have often wondered how a similar meeting/jam would have went between Hendrix and Edward Van Halen.

Rolling Stone's famous Top 100 Guitarist list has Eddie at number 8, Jeff Beck at number 5 and Hendrix at the top spot. Mine would be Beck #1, Van Halen #2 and and Hendrix at #3. But again it is a matter of personal taste and opinion.

Welcome back Vienna and I hope you are doing well.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 03-03-20, 10:11 AM   #5309
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

I like the Doors but you sir are a spammer. Reported.^^^

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 03-03-20, 10:29 AM   #5310
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

^ Eradicated.

Closed Thread

Tags
music