SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion > Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-23-14, 05:55 PM   #46
Baloogan
Loader

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I have seen every part of your campaign with pleasure, except those with background music.
Thanks for watching
Sorry about the background music; sometimes I end up kicking myself for making it much too loud, as I must guess as to how loud the music will turn out during the stream live.

Quote:
This will be the last post regarding MP and I'm sorry I used your thread to this.
Quite alright; herman has been trying to troll me on a few forums, and the best way he can is to attack my plugins and scare people off from giving them a try. He is definitely not a positive influence on anyone lol

I've also have been working on an online database viewer: http://wiki.baloogancampaign.com/ind...ataShip?ID=981

You can take a look at quite a few of the different platforms that exist in Command!
Aircraft: http://wiki.baloogancampaign.com/index.php/DataAircraft
Ships: http://wiki.baloogancampaign.com/index.php/DataShip

Check out all the different loadouts on this F-16
http://wiki.baloogancampaign.com/ind...rcraft?ID=2002
Baloogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-14, 06:18 PM   #47
Herman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 269
Uploads: 1046

SHO

Quote:
I do however now something about MP or how to use it.

I do remember all those nights where I played SH2 and DC with other friends from Subsim. When a game was finish we closed down or the host of the game shot the MP down.

I thought it would be quite the same in a MP in Command.

A meet in a chat, chose of game, chose of Host, start of game. Game ends, everyone say thanks for a good game, host close MP and everyone goes back to what he or she did before or whatever.
(in other words MP is only active when two or more player chose to play a MP game.)

When it comes to this NATO-the warsaw pact clash, I know it will be a huge MP-game.

I do not understand this AI-stuff regarding MP. In a MP-game there are only human controlling the units. Or is there something that I have missed?
Quote:
Continuing MP-playing using AI?? That's new to me. ´cause in those MP-games I have played every almost every units is controlled by humans(except the Merch in SH2 Vs DC)

I'm not some expert on creating a MP game.

If we should create such a clash, every player should be prepared for many hours of gameplay(with breaks now and then)or until all his or her units has been destroyed.
You have the general idea behind normal MP games. Most games have Real Time and the ability to pause. This is how MP is done in games like Dangerous Waters, Naval War Arctic Circle, Destroyer Command, Fleet Command and Harpoon. Since you are familiar with those games, you know that a clock is run continuously in real time. You can speed up with time compression and either side can pause the game. All units are under 100% control of the player at all times.

The pseudo-PBEM system used by MNO was first devised as a Harpoon work-around solution in 1996 (before there was a true MP capability for Harpoon. http://www.harpoonpages.com/ftp/util/h2hhrule.txt

It never really took off because the entire idea was just silly. Players only used it if they were truly desperate. However, as you can see, there are plenty of games with proper MP capability so that you do not need to mess with such awkward ad hoc systems.

Here's how a turn generally runs in the jury-rigged MNO PBEM:

1) 00:00H Both sides [Blue & Red] enter orders for their sides at the start of a scenario. Turn cycles can be any length, but let's just use 30 mins for this example.
2) 00:00H - 00:30H One side [Blue] runs the game and is in 100% control of his Blue units. He can issue orders as he likes. The Red player has no control whatsoever for his units. The orders he entered are carried out by the AI to the best of its ability. The AI is in total control of Red forces.
3) 00:30H The 30 min turn is complete for the Blue player and he sends the file to the Red player.
4) 00:30H - 01:00H Red runs the game and is in total control of his units and can issue orders. Blue has no control over his units and the AI carries out whatever vestigial orders were issued before the turn was sent to Red.

So, you can see how no player is ever in control of his forces more than 50% of the game. It is mathematically impossible. The usual winner is the guy who got lucky and had the forces/turn under his control when the shooting starts. The other guy, relying on the AI to handle his forces, just gets massacred.

The best and funniest depiction of this situation is the Bugs Bunny cartoon whereby he is sharing a bowl of soup with Christopher Columbus and it ends up in "The Captain's Mess" at the 3 minute 40 second mark.

http://www.ulozto.net/live/xE2USHX/b...we-go-1951-avi

Since you do not yet own the game, you should know that this is how it works before you invest your money. If you are looking for real MP capability, try Harpoon, FC, DC, or DWaters. You won't find any here.

If you play Harpoon, give me a shout. I would love to play a big multi-carrier battle with you!

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it
4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

Harpoon3 Frequently Asked Questions
Herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-14, 08:23 PM   #48
Baloogan
Loader

So very sore.
Old 01-23-14, 09:07 PM   #49
Baloogan
Loader

Joint Command
http://baloogancampaign.com/command-...joint-command/
Geoscape
http://baloogancampaign.com/command-plugins/geoscape/
Baloogan Campaign (early geoscape version)
http://baloogancampaign.com/baloogan-campaign/

One thing I'd highly recommend for anyone interested in Command to take a look at is Joint Command. Joint Command is a multiplayer plugin for Command. Here is a little documentation on how to use JC.

The following games are underway! I did some spring cleaning of the games list to remove a number of test games, and most of the games I was involved in. I'm too busy working on the next Command plugin: Geoscape to play more than two JC matches right now. (Plus a full time job lol)

Here is a list of the currently ongoing multiplayer command matches: There are 31 games that I've cleaned off of the server that are not listed here. (If I accidentally cleaned off a game that is active please drop me a line, I have all the old games archived)

Australian_Bedrock_V_Dandin
Scenario: Australian Wargames 2010 MP
Total Turns Played: 11
Players: Dandin384, Bedrock459
Turn Duration: 30 minutes

DawnPatrol
Scenario: First Contact 1986
Total Turns Played: 2
Players: Dandin384, Choowee
Turn Duration: 2 minutes

Duelists_Fox1
Scenario: Duelists
Total Turns Played: 0
Players: Fox1, Zathras

Duelists_Upuauta_1st_game
Scenario: Duelists
Total Turns Played: 5
Players: Upuauta, renders

Falklands_Paktor
Scenario: Malvinas 1982, The Pincer
Total Turns Played: 10
Players: Choowee, paktor132
Turn Duration: 60 minutes

Joint_Exercise_Indian_Waters_v1.1_B483
Scenario: Joint Exercise Indian Waters
Total Turns Played: 12
Players: Blu3wolf, KriB
Turn Duration: 10 minutes

Khark
Scenario: Khark Island Raid, 1985
Total Turns Played: 7
Players: Zathras, TankHunter

Rising_Tiger_Dandin_V_Awesome
Scenario: The Rising Tiger
Total Turns Played: 8
Players: awesomesauce47, Dandin384

Rising_Tiger_RR
Scenario: The Rising Tiger
Total Turns Played: 16
Players: Blazer, RadishRabbit

ShadedGame B460
Scenario: The Tiger and the Dragon
Total Turns Played: 2
Players: Shade, Elouda

South_China_Clash
Scenario: South China Clash
Total Turns Played: 6
Players: Elouda, Blas de Lezo
Turn Duration: 15 minutes

The_Tiger_and_the_Dragoon
Total Turns Played: 7
Players: Wasicun

Tiger_and_Dragon_RR
Total Turns Played: 1
Players: RadishRabbit, Wasicun

Tiger_Dragon
Total Turns Played: 21
Players: paktor132, RadishRabbit

Tiger_Dragon_Paktor_Millerg
Total Turns Played: 13
Players: paktor132, millerg13

Trapped_Under_Ice__Edited,_1999__KriB
Scenario: Trapped Under Ice
Total Turns Played: 10
Players: greatTop, KriB

So if you, or anyone else, are interested in trying out this multiplayer plugin please drop me a line at baloogan@baloogan.com or drop by the Command chat room I've set up here: https://jabbr.net/#/rooms/baloogan (this is where we arrange multiplayer matches, and discuss command plugin development)

My next plugin: Geoscape; is a multiplayer dynamic campaign generator for Command and isn't yet ready to show off. Geoscape is designed to contain 1000s more units than Command could ever handle, and then create dynamically created Joint Command scenarios where Geoscape detects combat is possible to happen. Then these scenarios are played out in Joint Command between the two sides and then at the end of a certain amount of time in game the results of these scenarios (unit positions, unit damage, fuel, muntions, etc) are loaded up back into Geoscape.

I made an early copy of a Command dynamic campaign generator called "Baloogan Campaign" but I realized that WWIII is much, much too big for a singleplayer experience, so I needed to create a multiplayer plugin for command first. That part is done now geoscape is next!

Cheers!
Baloogan
Old 01-24-14, 12:22 AM   #50
Baloogan
Loader

This Saturday I'll be covering modern land combat! Putin has decided to 'assist' the Ukranian government in pacifying Kiev! Europe has decided to get involved in protecting the pro-EU protesters! Let us take a look at how Command treats Land Combat and what sort of effect an A-10 has on T-80s!!

Plus: take a look at the new Online Database Viewer! MRK Nanuchka III
Aircraft Index
Ship Index

Please join us on the 25th! 11:00 AM PST!

Last edited by Baloogan; 01-24-14 at 02:15 AM.
Old 01-24-14, 11:52 AM   #51
Baloogan
Loader

Links to my database viewer

Old 01-25-14, 01:50 PM   #52
Baloogan
Loader

Streaming live right now! http://baloogancampaign.com
Old 01-31-14, 02:48 AM   #53
Baloogan
Loader

This week's episode will focus on submarine combat! We shall be destroying hostile 'boomer' subs, other attack subs, setting up attacks on surface action groups and destroying entire soviet air regiments all from the safety of periscope depth!

How can a submarine destroy aircraft? We will execute a time on target attack to destroy rearming soviet air regiments while they sit on the tarmac! You might remember this scene from Red Storm Rising, where a daring attack on an airbase from submarines results in the crippling of the air wing of the northern soviet fleet!

Please join us on Saturday! At 11:00 AM PST.
Old 02-01-14, 01:37 PM   #54
Baloogan
Loader

Stream is up live at http://baloogancampaign.com !
Going to take a in depth (hah) look at modern submarine warfare!
Plus I'll be taking a look at my online database viewer!
Please join us, stream is live now!
Old 02-06-14, 08:47 PM   #55
Baloogan
Loader

This Saturday's episode will focus on a plausible counterforce strike performed by the USA on China set in 2014. We will infiltrate Chinese airspace with B-2s and B-1s. Drop some serious ordinance on China's ballistic missiles some of which can hit the continental USA as well as set up Anti Ballistic Missile defenses around our allies, South Korea and Japan.
This will be a pretty violent episode!

Please join us, Saturday Febuary 8th 11:00 AM PST for the End of the World! Or ... at least of China's long range ballistic missile program.
Old 02-08-14, 01:44 PM   #56
Baloogan
Loader

Streaming the end of the world right now! 2014 USA Counterforce strike on China! http://baloogancampaign.com
Old 02-09-14, 06:27 PM   #57
Baloogan
Loader

Joint Command, the multiplayer plugin for Command has been released!

After a number of months of grueling beta testing and optimization, Joint Command is good to go. JC is out of beta and is ready to be played!

To download any Baloogan Campaign Software you will need the Launcher.

Might also be a good idea to take a look at the (slightly outdated) documentation.
Old 02-12-14, 05:02 AM   #58
Hayab
Swabbie

Downloads: 50

I have crashes with BalooganCampaign_Launcher.exe on Windows 8.1 x64.

Hayab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-14, 02:56 PM   #59
Baloogan
Loader

Hey Hayab,

If you press [Windows key]-R and type in

%windir%\system32\eventvwr.msc /s

It should bring up the event viewer

If you could post the .NET error associated with the crash I'd at least have an idea how to fix it.

It would look something like:

I'm looking for the error which source is the ".NET Runtime"
Old 02-12-14, 03:11 PM   #60
Baloogan
Loader

Oh! And could you please run these two prereqs:
C:\Matrix Games\Command Modern Air Naval Operations\PreRequisites\
dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe
and