SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

View Poll Results: How fast you want the Cloud's to move in the Sky
I like them the way they are 96 20.43%
I want them a Little Slower 94 20.00%
I want them a Lot Slower 157 33.40%
Please give us Optional Install's 142 30.21%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 470. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-18-07, 12:13 PM   #1651
DrBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by swdw
That shot was in the midle of a japanese fleet. Could the lights on the ships be causing that?
I think that's the culprit indeed. Check this screenshot:

There's a japanese small convoy headed my way in the far distance. When I travel closer with the F11 camera, it disappears when I get close enough. I've seen it many times, especially in twilight conditions, but I thought it was just my ATi being hated by SH4

Let the Beast inside you free!
DrBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-07, 12:17 PM   #1652
ryanwigginton
Weps

Downloads: 68

Been testing with the patch you posted Leo...

Still getting the mysterious lights on the water but they seem to have been toned down with this patch. For me it always seems to occur when I run into a large taskforce, come out of time compression, go to the bridge look to the horizon in the direction of the ships and there it is (almost like the moon reflection on the surface, without a moon as seen in the screenie). As before, using any zoomed view removes the effect.

Hope you can crack this one, without having to remove the fantastic search lights.
ryanwigginton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-07, 12:33 PM   #1653
letterboy1
Captain

Downloads: 89

By the way, I noticed someone posted something about getting a weather report in SH4 . . . how do you do this? I remember having that feature in SH3 but thought it wasn't available in SH4. I skimmed through the manual again but must have missed it.
EVGA GTX Titan Black
1.5 T-byte HDD
Antec 1 KW True Power Quattro PS
letterboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-07, 12:42 PM   #1654
DrBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 36

One way is using CaptainCox's Search Pattern Mod, which adds a Weather Report button in your HUD.

Another way is to add the command to a key. I've used the SH4 Keyboard Configurator to add a couple more commands, including Weather Report.

Let the Beast inside you free!
DrBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-07, 12:45 PM   #1655
letterboy1
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBeast
One way is using CaptainCox's Search Pattern Mod, which adds a Weather Report button in your HUD.

Another way is to add the command to a key. I've used the SH4 Keyboard Configurator to add a couple more commands, including Weather Report.
Thanks!
EVGA GTX Titan Black
1.5 T-byte HDD
Old 11-18-07, 01:59 PM   #1656
skip
Helmsman

Downloads: 379

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBeast
Quote:
Originally Posted by swdw
That shot was in the midle of a japanese fleet. Could the lights on the ships be causing that?
I think that's the culprit indeed. Check this screenshot:

There's a japanese small convoy headed my way in the far distance. When I travel closer with the F11 camera, it disappears when I get close enough. I've seen it many times, especially in twilight conditions, but I thought it was just my ATi being hated by SH4

Yeah I'm getting this problem too at nights and during the day just not so noticable at daytime, lots of glare on the ocean when ships are in the area, also when you pan the camera from left to right or right to left the glare on the ocean appears and disappears. Is it the lights from the ships that are causing this ?.

Oh am running an 8800 gtx all details up at full

P.S. Leo forgot to thank you for the fix with the block gfx on the ship fires
skip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-07, 04:11 PM   #1657
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 0
Default your welcome for the block fire fix skip

Today I will look into the Object reflection file seeing I placed all the work for the ship's and shore light's in there.

I will get the situation fixed as that truly is the new culprit thorn in the side.

I will find away to get rid of the illeffect's of them without losing the effectivness of them I promise.

At least for now all the related issues with the lightning are gone I have not seen once in my game the flikering crew and sub after a storm any more so one headach gone now to fix the other one.

Thanks for the input guy's and help in tracking this down.

That is why I let the comunity be part of the mod in things wanted and in thing's being noticed for repairs.

Anytime some new work is done there is a chance for a bug that I might miss in my own game.

As soon as I get the repair done I will get the new file out to all of you ASAP!

Again thanks for the help everyone!

Oh and BTW since the new sound for the fire's was done by LukeFF that slow down problem most people got when getting close to fire and smoke effect's seems to be gone. The new realistic fire sound is less sound card intensive seeing it is a crackling sound instead of constant and it made a huge difference. Sounds can and will slow a PC down if they are too over bearing in conjunction with everything else happening in the game.

Dave

Last edited by leovampire; 11-18-07 at 04:26 PM.
leovampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-07, 06:25 PM   #1658
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default Okay I am just leaving port now in my game

Quote:
Originally Posted by longam
Quote:
Originally Posted by longam
I started out in the bay for a change and found some really startling effects. The reflections seemed to be to much and the graphics were blocky.

Very bright.
I played with the gamma and it really only toned it down some, but the color reflection was still there.

I also was wondering about sea state while on the bridge, it seems the transition between graphic cells is now obvious with a reset in graphics. I thought it was a glitch at first but the more I watched it the same problem occurred.

Example: As you are on the bridge watching the water at a certain time (I think between actual cells on the grid) the whole visual effect resets.

By grid I mean if you go to the outside view and zoom out you can see the pattern of the graphics of the ocean.

Just an observation
Here you see your pictures above and now here are mine leaving Fremantle.

Right now I do not see a problem so I think you need to look at either your in game set up or your video and or Monitor set up Longam.

Does anyone else have this problem in their game or had it and solved it and can tell Longam how to fix it in his?!
Old 11-18-07, 06:30 PM   #1659
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Not so far, I am firing it up in a few

RDP

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-07, 06:56 PM   #1660
Gunner
Navy Dude

Downloads: 4

Never seen that Leo, play Aussie command all the time with latest ROW Mod,
Old 11-18-07, 07:43 PM   #1661
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

So far so good LV , by the way, first Manual Targetting kill

RDP

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-07, 08:00 PM   #1662
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default Okay everyone I think I got the problems solved with the search lights

I found out that all my problem's were comming from the Damm ship to ship signal light's. Had a US Early war Carrier in port and had that damm glow so I checked the eqp file to see what it had and it was the type 92 signal light which helped me to track it down.
So I adjusted how it works and direction and distance and more so that this dosn;t cause a problem anymore.

Need some more testers to make sure all is well and can be posted in the main part of the thread.

Yes this can be added at anytime in the game with no worries. Just make sure the game is off and jsgme is off before you add it to the mod's folder. Then turn on JSGME and activate.

http://files.filefront.com/ROW+Objec.../fileinfo.html

It is the full Object reflection mod file but has all of the repairs to the search light's both on land and ship's.

Adjusted some ranges and reflections and a lot more. Added more range to big lights turned ranges down on small light's. Turned down water reflections. Turned on Fristrum tests as I think this was the main culprit with the light's. Something you can do this with the game like smoke but you just can't seem to do it with search light's.

Anyways let me know everyone if we are good to go on this or if I need to work on it more.

Main search light's now have a range of 3000. 1500 and 750 depending on the size and the small reflectors for ship to ship comunication I turned down to 25 max range.

Also still wondering if the lightning after effect's are a problem or if I did get that fixed for everyone?! I have not seen it in my game since the repair but want to check with everyone else.

BTW the search light's are effective enough to help the Jap's find your scope now in the black of night so don't think that you are safe in a night time attack with the scope being up when the light's hit it they will probably see it!

Last edited by leovampire; 11-19-07 at 02:29 AM.
Old 11-19-07, 12:06 AM   #1663
letterboy1
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by reallydedpoet
So far so good LV , by the way, first Manual Targetting kill

RDP
Good one! I just started using manual targeting as well and it makes all the the difference.
EVGA GTX Titan Black
1.5 T-byte HDD
Old 11-19-07, 12:23 AM   #1664
panthercules
The Old Man

Downloads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by leovampire
P.S. Panthercules can you empty your PM box a bit please?!
LOL - yeah - I was sending you a message when it warned me I was full, so I already emptied it out a bit to be able to send you one - then I saw an e-mail to my RL e-mail account from Subsim warning me I was full here. Maybe if we all make another contribution to Subsim they'll be able to up the limit a little bit

Still haven't encountered a lightning storm in game yet so no report on that fix, but the last searchlight/ocean glare fix you sent me does seem to have worked
Old 11-19-07, 12:29 AM   #1665
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default Excelent the last one I sent you is what is now posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthercules
Quote:
Originally Posted by leovampire
P.S. Panthercules can you empty your PM box a bit please?!
LOL - yeah - I was sending you a message when it warned me I was full, so I already emptied it out a bit to be able to send you one - then I saw an e-mail to my RL e-mail account from Subsim warning me I was full here. Maybe if we all make another contribution to Subsim they'll be able to up the limit a little bit

Still haven't encountered a lightning storm in game yet so no report on that fix, but the last searchlight/ocean glare fix you sent me does seem to have worked
Another problem seem's to be bitting the dust.

OMG I am finaly begining to think I have got this stuff nipped in the Butt for the mod. Just work on the smoke some more and then I can work on fixing the things I wanted in the mod in the first place.

Thanks for doing some testing for me Panthercules.