SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Subsim International > Subsim.com Polskojęzyczne forum dyskusyjne
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-05-07, 08:58 AM   #17
Rose
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikimcbee
The closest I've been to Poland, was the Polish part of Chicago. That was an interesting experience (not in a good way )
Same here! :rotfl: (I used to live in Chi-town)

Thanks for those links, Polak, the sites are very informative.

An interesting side-note is that my grandfather volunteered for the Army intelligence service during the Korean War, and the recruits had to learn a "Communist" language (so they could listen in on radio transmissions) -- my grandfather chose Polish, so throughout the war, he listened to Polish radio transmissions. He told me the most exciting transmission he listened to was when two Polish fighter pilots were flying a patrol over Poland, and one of them said to the other, "I'm going West, I can't take it here any longer," and the other said something like, "no, you can't, what about your wife and kids?" and the other one said, "I'm going," and he escaped the Soviet Union.

*Edit*: The only line in my 10th grade US History book about Poland during the war is, "...the German armies quickly subdued Poland..." It says nothing about their hard and brave fighting. Oh well, what do you expect it's a US history book.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote