SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-13-13, 11:21 PM   #10651
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 456
Uploads: 0

Perfect, thanks!
And have a nice stay on your island
South Pacific islands are cool, aren't they? (except for internet)

EDIT: working fine again! Good job!

Last edited by Fifi; 08-14-13 at 12:01 AM.
Fifi is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-13, 09:59 AM   #10652
Katze
Loader

Downloads: 186

Anyone else have this bug?
I'm finding that when using the stadimeter my navigator no longer estimates the AOB and speed etc.
I noticed this since moving from 7.5.0 Test version 7 to the latest Test version 12 ( with the stadimeter button fix ), along with TDW_GenericPatcher_v_1_0_148_0 with 'stadimeter as sextant' options disabled.

I checked the TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py and NavigatorAssistAOBSpeedCalcs = True.
Katze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-13, 10:53 AM   #10653
Dogfish40
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 827
Default Those buttons again

Well, I'm back to square one on this subject of the engine on/off buttons on the HUD.
I loaded up the 7.5 UI last night and I thought they would be there and they are not (not that I could see). I enabled the options settings for both decks awash and separate engine control . So I have gone back to the 7.2 UI for now until I can get some more data on this.

I'll go back to my original question; Are there plans to place these two buttons back on the HUD? (The Decks awash button is also missing).
If not, I just need to be directed to some complete instructions how to turn each engine on and off and adjust the speed of each on the 7.5 UI. I am loving all the improvements and hope to be able to use them. I think having those switches on the HUD makes all the difference.
Anyway, TDW... excellent work on this! Absolutely Brilliant.

D40
Old 08-14-13, 11:00 AM   #10654
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogfish40 View Post
I'll go back to my original question; Are there plans to place these two buttons back on the HUD? (The Decks awash button is also missing).
If not, I just need to be directed to some complete instructions how to turn each engine on and off and adjust the speed of each on the 7.5 UI. I am loving all the improvements and hope to be able to use them. I think having those switches on the HUD makes all the difference.
These buttons (engine controls + deck awash) always there since version 7.2.0.. I can't understand why you don't see them..
Make sure you've enabled these functions in the Generic Patcher and via OptionsEditor..

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-13, 01:11 PM   #10655
Dogfish40
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post
These buttons (engine controls + deck awash) always there since version 7.2.0.. I can't understand why you don't see them..
Make sure you've enabled these functions in the Generic Patcher and via OptionsEditor..
WOW! This IS a mystery. I will try it again, I usually have no troubles anymore with installing any of this.
I made sure that all the relevent patches were enabled, and I tried the 7.5 UI.
If you say that the buttons are there then something is making a left turn when I install the UI. It has been awhile though since I updated.
Thanks Volodya
D40
Old 08-14-13, 02:25 PM   #10656
SnipersHunter
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 201

Great mod
SnipersHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-13, 03:40 PM   #10657
Fifi
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogfish40 View Post
WOW! This IS a mystery. I will try it again, I usually have no troubles anymore with installing any of this.
I made sure that all the relevent patches were enabled, and I tried the 7.5 UI.
If you say that the buttons are there then something is making a left turn when I install the UI. It has been awhile though since I updated.
Thanks Volodya
D40
Yes a mystery!
As Volodya said, these buttons (as i showed you) are visible from long time!
What is your complete mod list? Maybe something overwrite it...
Note you have to activate separated engines patches + enable option in fileviewer.
Old 08-14-13, 04:54 PM   #10658
Dogfish40
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
Yes a mystery!
As Volodya said, these buttons (as i showed you) are visible from long time!
What is your complete mod list? Maybe something overwrite it...
Note you have to activate separated engines patches + enable option in fileviewer.
Hi Fifi,
Yes, I did all of that, and my 7.2 UI has the buttons so I figure that as I'm setting the path for the UI, it's "turning left" and using another setup file for a differant UI. I've had that happen in the past. I thought I was watching out for it though.
I'm sure I'll find the problem.
I appreciate all the help.
D40
Old 08-14-13, 06:09 PM   #10659
Katze
Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katze View Post
Anyone else have this bug?
I'm finding that when using the stadimeter my navigator no longer estimates the AOB and speed etc.
I noticed this since moving from 7.5.0 Test version 7 to the latest Test version 12 ( with the stadimeter button fix ), along with TDW_GenericPatcher_v_1_0_148_0 with 'stadimeter as sextant' options disabled.

I checked the TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py and NavigatorAssistAOBSpeedCalcs = True.
I did some more testing and by enabling the 'stadimeter as sextant' options the navigator is working again.
So I guess the the bug is that the NavigatorAssistAOBSpeedCalcs is not working when 'stadimeter as sextant' options are disabled.
Old 08-14-13, 07:39 PM   #10660
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katze View Post
I did some more testing and by enabling the 'stadimeter as sextant' options the navigator is working again.
So I guess the the bug is that the NavigatorAssistAOBSpeedCalcs is not working when 'stadimeter as sextant' options are disabled.
Actually this is because two of the changes in the Stadimeter as sextant patch should've been updates . If you didn't have the stadimeter as sextant patch enabled (and all it's changes) then the event for the stadimeter enabled/disabled was never being fired to the scripts. If it's never being fired to the scripts then my UIs mod can't intercept it and thus navigator doesn't do any calculations. This has been fixed in Generic Patcher v1.0.149.0

Good bug report/troubleshooting also
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-13, 08:59 PM   #10661
Katze
Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Actually this is because two of the changes in the Stadimeter as sextant patch should've been updates . If you didn't have the stadimeter as sextant patch enabled (and all it's changes) then the event for the stadimeter enabled/disabled was never being fired to the scripts. If it's never being fired to the scripts then my UIs mod can't intercept it and thus navigator doesn't do any calculations. This has been fixed in Generic Patcher v1.0.149.0

Good bug report/troubleshooting also
Thanks for the update; glad I could help.
Old 08-14-13, 09:09 PM   #10662
Fifi
Navy Seal

@ TDW
A suggestion---> I noticed with Magui interface we have a nice periscope wake and splash animation (visible also through periscope view looking backward and increasing with speed!):

Would it be possible to get it also with your NewUIs mod?
(assuming it's coming from UI mod, not sure about)
If you can't do it, is there any possibility to bring it from Magui to NewUIs?
(knowing what files to pick up )
Old 08-14-13, 09:36 PM   #10663
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
@ TDW
A suggestion---> I noticed with Magui interface we have a nice periscope wake and splash animation (visible also through periscope view looking backward and increasing with speed!):

Would it be possible to get it also with your NewUIs mod?
(assuming it's coming from UI mod, not sure about)
If you can't do it, is there any possibility to bring it from Magui to NewUIs?
(knowing what files to pick up )
That is from FX_Update
Old 08-14-13, 10:21 PM   #10664
Fifi
Navy Seal

Ah...it's from FX...but i have FX Update too with NewUIs, and can't see any wake
Old 08-14-13, 10:49 PM   #10665
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Ah...it's from FX...but i have FX Update too with NewUIs, and can't see any wake
Probably because I need to update FX_Update to add periscope splashes/wakes to the twisty periscopes My UIs mod defaults to the twisty periscopes. Try changing them to the standard periscopes (will be located in sub's .sns file for the periscopes.

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui