SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-02-13, 02:01 AM   #10621
steelwolf
Nub

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0

Unzipped with winrar

Active mods: Torpedo speed abilities FIX for TDC SH5 v120, SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2 and 1.22 patch and this NewUIs TDC 7.4.2. All is working fine when NewUI is deactivated.

At this time I activated only "NewUIs_TDC_7_4_2_ByTheDarkWraith" from unzipped MODS folder. Need I install all 12 other mods there are in same download?
steelwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-13, 02:27 AM   #10622
Feuer Frei!
Navy Seal

Downloads: 141
Uploads: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelwolf View Post
Unzipped with winrar

Active mods: Torpedo speed abilities FIX for TDC SH5 v120, SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2 and 1.22 patch and this NewUIs TDC 7.4.2. All is working fine when NewUI is deactivated.

At this time I activated only "NewUIs_TDC_7_4_2_ByTheDarkWraith" from unzipped MODS folder. Need I install all 12 other mods there are in same download?
The other mods are optional.
Check your NewUIs_TDC_7_4_2_ByTheDarkWraith folder because inside that folder will be a mod folder. Inside that will be the actual mod.

LINK TO MY SH 3 MODS
Feuer Frei! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-13, 02:34 AM   #10623
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 456

Quote:
Unzipped with winrar
That's your problem
Get latest 7Zip
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-13, 04:05 AM   #10624
steelwolf
Nub

Downloads: 6

yep. installed and unzipped with 7zip and now it's working. many thanks.
steelwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-13, 07:20 PM   #10625
naights
Sparky

Downloads: 384
Uploads: 7

Hi:

Off Topic for TheDarkWraith:

You have the Private Messages box at maximum capacity?

Thx

naights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-13, 06:35 PM   #10626
vlad29
XO

Downloads: 324

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
After a while, i notice i have always 1° difference with my order...
I.e ordering 72° heading, all i get is 71°, for 120° i get 119° etc...
Am i alone? Very rarely i get exact same degree ordered!
Hi FiFi, thats a very 'old' bug, everybody have it, it also have being mentioned by Stoianm in his videotutorials a couple of years ago
vlad29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-13, 01:37 AM   #10627
divingbluefrog
Medic

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad29 View Post
Hi FiFi, thats a very 'old' bug, everybody have it, it also have being mentioned by Stoianm in his videotutorials a couple of years ago
I solved this one by rotating the compass of 1°, I mean the picture not the dial.
divingbluefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-13, 05:54 AM   #10628
Gammel
Commodore

Downloads: 276

just cant get the newer versions (7.4.2 and 7.5 test) to work.

Always there's a big black box upper left and an emty message box in the middle, both don't go away.

Everything is fine with 7.1.0!

German Version with 1680x1050 res

No other mods, clean install.

maybe someone could give a little hint.
Gammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-13, 06:14 AM   #10629
Gammel
Commodore

Downloads: 276

nevermind, guess i found a solution.

It's a machine specific / driver problem.

Mod is working fine at another rig.
Gammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-13, 04:51 PM   #10630
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6
Default Message box will not resize for width

@TDW
Using NewUIs with TDC, version 7.5 Test version 10. Migrated settings (using options migrator) from NewUIs with TDC for SH5, version 7.4.2 then the Options file viewer/editor as usual for me. This time, the left side of the message box is not shrinking since I change the width to 1.50, six months or longer. Still the message box width will not change to the customized size. Always overlapping into the officers boxes. I have repositioned the officer boxes (set for draggable at bottom) as close as possible to the rudder controls/compass settings, too. Rudder controls/compass are to the left of the officer boxes.

My screen resolution for the game has not changed for one year. (1280 x 1024). Used default OptionsFileEditorViewer version 1.0.28.

Before version 7.5, never had a problem with message box width. Always had worked in past no matter what version of NewUIs with TDC I used.

For NewUIs with TDC, version 7.4.2, I used your test version of OptionsFileEditorViewer version 1.0.31 and OptionsFileEditorViewer version 1.0.32. One of them you sent me a link due to hotkeys_report.txt addition.
Message box customized width always worked. Tried OptionsFileEditorViewer version 1.0.31 and OptionsFileEditorViewer version 1.0.32 with NewUIs with TDC, version 7.5, Test version 10 did not work either for message box width customization.

I disabled all mods, deleted all your **_Draggables.TDW from the silent hunter root folder. Renabled all mods, and still the message box width will not change to the customized size. Always overlapping into the officers boxes.
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-13, 04:55 PM   #10631
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 456

Mike, in the waiting of TDW answer, you still can make the message box hide when no mousing over...and appearing when mousing over.
This way message box no longer annoy you
Perso, i always use the hidden option...the less on the screen the better.
Furthermore after month and month of hearing german, i can understand it now! lol
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-13, 05:46 PM   #10632
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemike47 View Post
@TDW
Using NewUIs with TDC, version 7.5 Test version 10. Migrated settings (using options migrator) from NewUIs with TDC for SH5, version 7.4.2 then the Options file viewer/editor as usual for me. This time, the left side of the message box is not shrinking since I change the width to 1.50, six months or longer. Still the message box width will not change to the customized size. Always overlapping into the officers boxes. I have repositioned the officer boxes (set for draggable at bottom) as close as possible to the rudder controls/compass settings, too. Rudder controls/compass are to the left of the officer boxes.

My screen resolution for the game has not changed for one year. (1280 x 1024). Used default OptionsFileEditorViewer version 1.0.28.

Before version 7.5, never had a problem with message box width. Always had worked in past no matter what version of NewUIs with TDC I used.

For NewUIs with TDC, version 7.4.2, I used your test version of OptionsFileEditorViewer version 1.0.31 and OptionsFileEditorViewer version 1.0.32. One of them you sent me a link due to hotkeys_report.txt addition.
Message box customized width always worked. Tried OptionsFileEditorViewer version 1.0.31 and OptionsFileEditorViewer version 1.0.32 with NewUIs with TDC, version 7.5, Test version 10 did not work either for message box width customization.

I disabled all mods, deleted all your **_Draggables.TDW from the silent hunter root folder. Renabled all mods, and still the message box width will not change to the customized size. Always overlapping into the officers boxes.
Not sure how you were able to get the messagebox smaller than 315.0 pixels wide. It's always been hard-coded that 315.0 is the minimum size. You will now be able to resize it down to 180.0 pixels wide with the below.

try this: http://www.mediafire.com/?o3j07tit0a2am6z

Added a new user option MessageBoxMinimumWidth. You can find it under the MessageBox tab.

To use:

unzip to MODS folder. Enable via JSGME. Ensure it comes AFTER my UIs mod core files. ONLY TO BE USED WITH V7.5.0!

Free WiFi in the air I'm posting this at 38,000 ft
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-13, 05:28 PM   #10633
alessandroloro
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 10
SHO

Hi guys!
Iv'e a trouble, whei i put the arroe of my mouse on a ship, i can't see the tooltip where i can see the speed of them.

Anyone can help me?
Because i try to learning manual TDC but i need the speed info.
alessandroloro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-13, 06:05 PM   #10634
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Quote:
Originally Posted by alessandroloro View Post
Hi guys!
Iv'e a trouble, whei i put the arroe of my mouse on a ship, i can't see the tooltip where i can see the speed of them.

Anyone can help me?
Because i try to learning manual TDC but i need the speed info.
Welcome aboard

You have to use OptionsFileEditorViewer (NewUI/data/Applications) to set/edit interface options.. you can find the link for 'How to' thread at the bottom of post #1..

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-13, 10:22 AM   #10635
Dogfish40
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 827
Default Engine on/off buttons

I've been looking for any talk about putting the on/off buttons for the engines back in the HUD. I am still sticking to an old version of the UI because of this reason. If someone could explain how the independent engine controls are worked this might help me to move on from this version (I know that they are controlled somehow by setting a hotkey in the options editor) .
I am using the latest patcher and I know it's only a matter of time before I will have to upgrade the UI anyway. I love having those engine buttons because it's so easy to use them and adjust independent engine speeds.
Thanks
D40

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui