SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-10-10, 03:47 PM   #1
TabbyHunter
Ensign

Downloads: 52
Uploads: 0
Default What next? (Story)

USS Springfield, Los Angles class.
December 6th, 2009.
Comander: Lt Cmdr McCrea.
Mission: Sea Trials.
Station: Pearl Harbor.

"Take her to periscope depth XO." McCrea said as the Springfield sailed due west, towards Wake Island.

As the air hissed out, sonar man Jonesey noticed a contact. "Con, sonar. I have one contact, bearing 090, range 350 miles out."

McCrea walked to the sonar room. "Jonesey, what'ch got?" McCrea stood at the door while the sonar technition did his best.

"Sir, the one contact has just turned into a whole fleet. I count 28 ships. Give me a minute sir." Jonesey focused on his consol as the comander watched in silence.

After a few minutes, Jonesey looked up, and said, "Sir, i think we have just stumbled apon a Japanese task force. The same one that attacked Pearl Harbor. I count 6 carriers,2 battle ships,three cruiseres, and 8 tankers."

The comander droped his mug. "Jonsey, tell me your jokeing. That was in '41! This is 2009!"

"Sir i wish i was joking, but im not." Jonsey did multiple checks of the sonar while McCrea went back to the con.

Looking around, the comander didnt understand. He had to be dreaming, right? 'This is no dream.' he thought to himself as he mad his decition. "XO, bring us to flank speed and dive to 250 feet."

The XO, not understanding the order, gave it anyways, and walked over to the captain. "Sir, whats the course?" The skipper pointed to the map.

"Right there, and as soon as we get into position, call the crew to battle stations." The XO went to give the course, and the skipper went back to the sonar station, only to confirm the Japenese task force.

So, what do you guys think? For the sake of the story, please dont yell about the fact that Springfield is the "newest" Los Angles class. Coments and writeing tips are welcome!

Last edited by TabbyHunter; 07-16-10 at 08:31 PM.
TabbyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-10, 03:59 PM   #2
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 175
Uploads: 16

First impression is The Hunt for Red October meets The Final Countdown. Keep going with it I say! Oh and Springfield isn't the newest 688i.

USS Kentucky SSBN 737 (G)
Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Yes I was really on a submarine.
ETR3(SS) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-10, 04:02 PM   #3
TabbyHunter
Ensign

Someone gets 2 cookies for both referance's. Jonsey fro The Hunt for Red October and back in time from The Final countdown. Im not sure how i want the next part to go, and it might come down to what people comment.
Old 07-10-10, 05:26 PM   #4
rein1705
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 541

something like an EMP blast, then suddenly they discover there's no microwave or radio traffic overhead and they cannot find the satellite network to link up with command. Just an idea mate i like to write too.

"Diesel Pig"

Not so long ago...
rein1705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-10, 06:52 PM   #5
TabbyHunter
Ensign

Okay.

My ideas are

A) Springfield moves into position, fires her four torps, and has to dive deep from oncomeing destoryers.

B)Fires her four torps, dosent get picked up by destroyers, and continues to fire till the Japanese are sunk.

C) Take a hint from The Final Countdown and does nothing whatsoever...

Or D) Radio's Pearl Harbor, informs them of the oncomeing raid, and sinks only one carrier and a battleship.
Old 07-10-10, 09:01 PM   #6
rein1705
Samurai Navy

i would think there would be mass confusion among your officers in control let alone the rest of the boat. Someone would demand positive visual identification of the Jap fleet then all hell would break loose in the control room, arguments over what should be done and just what was going on. you would probably be forced to wait until the attack commenced to make your counter attack. Warn pearl. They might believe you but then again would you have the radio freq? and the Japs would have to hear it too you dont have the coding equipment carried at the time. a lot has changed since 41. I bet a Diesel boat crew would take weeks to sort out how to just manage a 688i

I like where this is going though, keep it up.

"Diesel Pig"

Not so long ago...
Old 07-10-10, 11:52 PM   #7
TabbyHunter
Ensign

Alright, thank you Rein, i now have the general outline of the next part. Part 2 should be up by tormorrow.
Old 07-13-10, 08:39 PM   #8
TabbyHunter
Ensign

Sorry for the delay, i have been busy...

USS Springfield

McCrea has been watching Jonsey work the sonar for the last fifteen minutes. "Jonsey, report only to me any new contacts. Im going to the con."

"Aye aye sir!" Mumbled Jonsey as he wrote something down on a log book.

As he entered the con, the Commander looked around, and told the XO "Call all officers to the the officer's room." He turned and walked down the corridor to the officer's room. and sat as he waited for his men to join him.

Fifteen minutes later, all 12 officers were there. McCrea stood, and spoke, "Men, we have a problem. We are nolonger in the year 2009." The officers looked puzzeld. "No, we are in the year 1941. In aproxamatly 15 hours, the Japanese fleet will launch its attack on Pearl. I have put us on a course to intercept the Japs." The officeres all stood, stareing at the captain. Fear, confustion, and anger. The XO was the next to speak.

"Alright, men, now, we have to decide on a course of action. Do we attack the Japanese, warn Pearl, or do nothing?" He paused to let his words sink in. Then, "What we do next can change the course of history."

The captain spoek again. "If we attack and sink the fleet, America might never enter the war." The officers looked at him, realizeing what could happen. "Now, we dont know that for sure though. Japan might declar war on the US because they would think that we had advance knowlage and sent a pack of subs. Or they might not." He sat back down to let the next person speak.

"Captain, if we inform Pearl, they might not beleive us." The officer sat back down.

"Men, write down what you think we should do. Put it in this box," He reached under the table and pulled out a box, "...And bring it to the sonar station." With that, the captain left the room, and the officers began to argue amongst themselves, trying to get others to see their veiw on the situation.
Old 07-13-10, 08:45 PM   #9
rein1705
Samurai Navy

Interesting...
I'm eager to know whats next.

"Diesel Pig"

Not so long ago...
Old 07-13-10, 09:00 PM   #10
rein1705
Samurai Navy

Kilo class SSK, BN-529 "Akula" (Shark)

Captain Ivanovich leaned in the doorway of the sonar room. "What do you mean you cannot identify the task force?"
The Submarine was just recovering power from the energy wave.
"I'm telling you i have never heard anything like those ships Keptan. Steam and diesel power plants... that is all i can tell you about them."

"what about the American submarine?"
"They appear to have lost power for a moment too but now there on an intercept course with the task force, loud reactor noises, I dont think they know of our presence."

Ivanovich turned and yelled into the control room.
"Follow them!"

"Diesel Pig"

Not so long ago...
Old 07-13-10, 10:11 PM   #11
TabbyHunter
Ensign

Did you just butt your way into my story?...Im impressed!
Old 07-13-10, 10:39 PM   #12
Admiral8Q
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 24

I think I would let the attack happen on Pearl Harbor, but sink the entire Japanese task force as they return to Japan. That way the Americans would join the war, but sinking the Jap fleet should shorten it. Then again it could cause more casualties if the US forces reached Japan early and didn't have the A-bomb yet.

Admiral8Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-10, 05:45 AM   #13
rein1705
Samurai Navy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabbyHunter View Post
Did you just butt your way into my story?...Im impressed!

nah just an idea i just started typing strike it if u like. sorry.

"Diesel Pig"

Not so long ago...
Old 07-14-10, 08:00 PM   #14
TabbyHunter
Ensign

Its perfectly alright. Just write a bit more next time.
Old 07-14-10, 11:14 PM   #15
rein1705
Samurai Navy

Default Kilo

Officers mess.
"This is December 1941 Uri... Do you realize that we have no home to return to? The Red Banner fleet is nothing more than a few Diesel submarines and Joseph Stallen runs our Rodina... No Uri, we cannot return to Russia, Too much is different." Said The captain.

"What should we do sir?," asked Uri.
Captain Ivanovich leaned forward with his elbows on the table and addressed all his officers. "We are pacing American comrades at twenty eight as we speak. They ether haven't detected us yet or, as i suspect, are more concerned with the Japanese task force at the moment to pay attention to there baffles. At 5,000 yards we shall ping her."

"That will broadcast our presence to them!" exclaimed an ensign.
"We do not have the luxury of staying out of this fight," said the captain.
"Whatever has happened to us has also happend to the American, therefor we are in this together. Our original mission was to make contact with the new 688 and probe her capability's.... a war game with her but they are not our enemy, that has not changed.Dismissed."

Your turn Tabby

i think 28 knots is my top speed and i would be making more noise than a Metallica concert lmao Perhaps im slightly parallel

"Diesel Pig"

Not so long ago...

Last edited by rein1705; 07-15-10 at 11:11 PM.