SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-20-11, 07:20 PM   #76
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 230
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakkhen20 View Post
@wolfstriked,
no i agree with you. i made a request to darken the background and such and we actually have it where its red nightlighting but it doesn't cycle from day or night. i've been told it is hard coded in the exe file itself which noone can modify because of knowledge and time. but we are working on it and i'm making notes.
Karamazov's TDc.......salute.

Karamazov stated that you should bump up gamma to be able to see better.I did and I now its pretty good.I lightened it just enough so it looks still very dark but ships can be seen now.Also the big panels on each side of the scope really add to the feel and the kool heading bar with the audible click are sweet!!!!!

Would a slight darkening of the whole image surrounding the scope view and including the TDC panels work better instead of redlight?It would first contrast and make it look brighter outside when viewing in daylight and its kinda realistic considering that sub interiors are not super bright...... and it will cause a bit less annoyance when night viewing.Also the dials themselves are backlit and this could be removed to look like the new SH5 TDC UI by Darkwraight.

http://www.ducimus.net/sh415/ubm/preview_05.jpg

http://img189.imageshack.us/f/sh5img20100531172328.png/

Maybe more realism for sub behavior.The IIB does 10kts on surface and 7kts submerged while the Wiki states 13 and 7kts respectively.They were also nicknamed "dugout canoes" due to their small size and being thrown around out at sea while the larger VIIB in the game seems worse in this regards.And then the diving and surfacing seems off.Especially the surfacing where the sub seems to rise out of the water and then submerge just below water line for a bit and coming back up.This causes you to hit the bridge and get thrown back to the control room when it dips back under.Just ranting here I guess.......maybe Ducimus or the RFB crew could rework the sub behaviors?
Wolfstriked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-11, 04:07 AM   #77
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Quote:
also if we could find someone to redo the GUI we might consider it. i for one don't mind any of the GUIs in OM, there 10 times better than stock sh4. but once we find someone that has that knowledge we'll look into. hitman is doing a new background but thats as far as it goes. i might talk to him about seeing if its possible to convert sh5 GUIs into sh4.
Karamazovnew is your man, the SH4 menu is quite different from Sh3 and I have never been able to fully understand it. However, Vanjast also mentioned that he had started doing an automated editor that could solve all problems by allowing to reposition items via an interface
Old 04-21-11, 11:21 AM   #78
jaxa
The Old Man

Downloads: 413

Darkwraight GUI from SH5 looks better IMHO than existed one.

I try to familiarise with OM better and play single missions now. I've noticed one graphic bug - when I sail submerged at periscope depth with extended snorkel and periscope there are no waves and foam on surface from these masts. Is it possible to fix it?

PS. Is it chance for adding draggable time/range charts to navigation map? There are very useful for plotting engage course.

Last edited by jaxa; 04-21-11 at 03:20 PM.
jaxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-11, 01:44 AM   #79
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297

FYI I am building new cargo ships and deck cargo for the mod. The Merchant Fleet Mod contained ships that were derived from the SH3 Liberty Ship, which was not a very detailed model. These ships are being built from scratch with a higher level of detail in mind. In the end I want to delete all of my ships from OM that date from 2008-2009, because these models have pretty bad proportions & paint schemes.

I hope to have some screenshots later.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-11, 11:00 PM   #80
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 345

sounds awsome iambecomelife. cant wait and see. well i've dicussed alittle with Karamazovnew and he nolonger has the game or the files so no updates from him on the GUI but i do have permission to use it and he sees no problems updating if needed. i don't feel that his mod needs to be in our mod because it is already apart of OM unless ofcoarse i can find someone brave and knowledgable to update GUIs then we would include the new updated version. so on that rather large note. We REALLY need someone that knows what to do with GUIs so we can update them.

regards,
drakkhen20
drakkhen20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-11, 06:15 AM   #81
markdenny
Sparky

Downloads: 216

How is this mod progressing ?
markdenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-11, 08:14 AM   #82
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Quote:
We REALLY need someone that knows what to do with GUIs so we can update them.
Tease Vanjast a bit, he had a GUI editor in progress that should simplify a lot working with menus.
Old 04-29-11, 10:19 PM   #83
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

well i would hope its coming along, i've been busy here in the real world working the nightshift and i havent heard a peep out of the team so as far as that goes i guess it means the team is busy working on something. just waiting right now.
Old 05-02-11, 03:54 AM   #84
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Downloads: 151

Why would you need another tool? Use SH5's gui editor. You'll have to copy paste the page into a new file, load it up in the editor, and off you go. You'll only be able to see the interface at 1024x768 resolution but if you're careful and read my "how to" tutorials (just search for threads started by me) you should be ok.

The big problem is not editing the visuals of the interface, it's adding functionality. The periscope screen is pretty much closed, you can't do anything more with it. I've said it before that even I dread changing anything in it, it's THAT complicated and twisted. I'm amazed it worked in the first place And if you read my interface thread you'll see that I was tempted at first to change other screens only to find that impossible. Sure, you can add as many draggable items as you want, but show/hide items or even simple buttons are out of our reach in SH4.
karamazovnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-11, 09:41 AM   #85
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Quote:
Why would you need another tool? Use SH5's gui editor. You'll have to copy paste the page into a new file, load it up in the editor, and off you go. You'll only be able to see the interface at 1024x768 resolution but if you're careful and read my "how to" tutorials (just search for threads started by me) you should be ok.

The big problem is not editing the visuals of the interface, it's adding functionality. The periscope screen is pretty much closed, you can't do anything more with it. I've said it before that even I dread changing anything in it, it's THAT complicated and twisted. I'm amazed it worked in the first place And if you read my interface thread you'll see that I was tempted at first to change other screens only to find that impossible. Sure, you can add as many draggable items as you want, but show/hide items or even simple buttons are out of our reach in SH4.
Oh I didn't know that SH5's editor worked with SH4 (Since I absolutely do ot follow SH5 forums)

Anyway, the only other thing I would like to modify in the SH4 interface after your periscope and adding the slide out panels to UZO and Obs Scope (Which I already did) is to replace the useless, crappy "tactical map" TDC screen with a full screen TDC. I guess that's easily possible as it only involves putting a background and moving the existing dials around, right? Or even better, will it be possible to port Reaper7's version for SH5 to SH4 with minor tweaks?
Old 05-02-11, 09:33 PM   #86
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

@hitman,
From what I just read it seems u could do that being that its a copy and paste thing and some tweaking as you stated. Where can you find the textures at for all the GUIs?
Old 05-03-11, 09:11 AM   #87
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Textures are at data/menu/GUI and at skins folder, but the most important thing is where the code lines in the menu.ini tell the game to look for them (Which might be a different folder or a newly created subfolder).
Old 05-03-11, 07:57 PM   #88
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

ah, very nice. i think i will touch some up.
Old 05-07-11, 01:42 PM   #89
markdenny
Sparky

Downloads: 216

Will KURFUSTS Schneltauchback type 9 be included in this mod ?
markdenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-11, 09:32 PM   #90
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

I dont think, atleast not yet. We are taking notes and contacting people about permissions and add ins they want to put in our mod. We are focusing on the type7s at this moment but I do believe we might have something in store later on for the type9 fans. The type9c as it is in this mod youve stated would be a great add on as it is historicly correct, which is what we are thriving at. I know im long winded with answers, but it will be discussed and sorted out.