SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-17-08, 10:59 AM   #166
clayp
The Old Man

Downloads: 340
Uploads: 0
Thats great Fred!!!..Thank you so very much... I have been gone I will try yhis later today....

clayp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-08, 12:13 PM   #167
clayp
The Old Man

Downloads: 340
FRED!!! I put that in..YOU DA MAN!!!!!...You will go far... Go in peace my son...

clayp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-08, 02:25 PM   #168
Tar1973
Swabbie

Downloads: 1

Hey

First i will like to thank all of you that have made this game in to a better and more valuable experince by producing mods, fixes etc

To the issue:
When i try to use any of the download linkes to radio stations or music files i get this message. I wonder if this can be fixed or that i can download this files somewhere else. Thanks for any help.

http://host57.hostmonster.com/highload.html?topic=833.0

Quote:
This Account Has Exceeded Its CPU Quota

Please contact this site's webmaster.

Wait a few minutes and use your browser's "Back" button or click here to try again.

If you are the webmaster, your account may have gotten this error for one or more of the following reasons:
  • Your account has used more than its share of the cpu in the past 60 second sliding window.
  • Your account has too many concurrent processes running simultanously.
  • Your account has consumed too much memory.
  • Your site was recently very busy trying to run inefficient scripts.
The solution would be to optimize your applications to use less CPU.
Adding appropriate indeces to your SQL tables can often help reduce CPU.
Using static .html documents instead of painful .php scripts will practically eliminate CPU usage.
Tar1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-08, 05:14 PM   #169
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Downloads: 265
Uploads: 127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tar1973
Hey

First i will like to thank all of you that have made this game in to a better and more valuable experince by producing mods, fixes etc

To the issue:
When i try to use any of the download linkes to radio stations or music files i get this message. I wonder if this can be fixed or that i can download this files somewhere else. Thanks for any help.

http://host57.hostmonster.com/highload.html?topic=833.0

Quote:
This Account Has Exceeded Its CPU Quota

Please contact this site's webmaster.

Wait a few minutes and use your browser's "Back" button or click here to try again.

If you are the webmaster, your account may have gotten this error for one or more of the following reasons:
  • Your account has used more than its share of the cpu in the past 60 second sliding window.
  • Your account has too many concurrent processes running simultanously.
  • Your account has consumed too much memory.
  • Your site was recently very busy trying to run inefficient scripts.
The solution would be to optimize your applications to use less CPU.
Adding appropriate indeces to your SQL tables can often help reduce CPU.
Using static .html documents instead of painful .php scripts will practically eliminate CPU usage.
Unfortunately there's no other site to download the files. You'll just have to wait it out.

They're making some changes to the interface at BtS Mods, and apparently the server doesn't like some of them. It just started acting up today. Hopefully they can get it fixed soon.
fred8615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-08, 03:53 PM   #170
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813
Default music question

Hi. I have not downloaded any mucic yet, but I am about to begin that endeavor. I saw a post some time ago regarding playing music on the radio, but quit searching for it because it was taking a long time to read through all of the posts, and I never did find the post I was searching for. Rather than having the music files in the gramaphone, I prefer to listen to them on the radio. Several radio stations folders contain subfolders labeled "1941", "1942", etc.

If I move downlaoded songs for 1941, for example, into the 1941 folder for a particular station , will the station play music? (As you noted in the original post, some captains do not want 1945 music, for example, playing during 1941, so downloaded songs for 1945 would be naturally be moved to the 1945 folder.)

If ithe station will play music, will the songs play when there is no news being broadcast by that station?

If the radio stations will play music without screwing up the news, then conceptually one could install 1941 songs into each radio station that contains a 1941 folder, although it would use up a lot of space on a hard drive, and might require selecting one station for the intallation of the music files to save hard drive space, or alternatively, using an external hard drive to provide enough disk space to load the files into several station folders. Am I on the right track (no pun intended)?

Last edited by I'm goin' down; 12-18-08 at 03:31 AM.
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-08, 09:14 AM   #171
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm goin' down
If I move downlaoded songs for 1941, for example, into the 1941 folder for a particular station , will the station play music? (As you noted in the original post, some captains do not want 1945 music, for example, playing during 1941, so downloaded songs for 1945 would be naturally be moved to the 1945 folder.)
Yes, but only during 1941. The stations only play for their assigned year. Once the game switches to the year 1942, the 1941 station stops, and the 1942 station starts. In case you're wondering, you won't have to change channels when the year changes as I'm using the radio's overlap feature by putting the frequencies right next to each other (only a .01 difference in channel numbers).

Quote:
If ithe station will play music, will the songs play when there is no news being broadcast by that station?
Yes. In fact, that's why you need music in the radio stations. Otherwise you have dead air inbetween scripted events.

Quote:
If the radio stations will play music without screwing up the news, then conceptually one could install 1941 songs into each radio station that contains a 1941 folder, although it would use up a lot of space on a hard drive, and might require selecting one station for the intallation of the music files to save hard drive space, or alternatively, using an external hard drive to provide enough disk space to load the files into several station folders. Am I on the right track (no pun intended)?
Unfortunately the game is set up to where you have to put music in each and every radio station folder. It would've been nice if they would allow use of a separate music folder(s), but they didn't, so the hard drive space usage is unavoidable.

FYI you can have multiple stations using the same folder. It's how my AFRS station is set up if you want to use up to 4 shorter range stations. However, you would only hear the scripted programming for that one folder in each station that linked to it. So it's no good for programming different networks.

If you have anymore questions, just send'em!

Last edited by fred8615; 12-18-08 at 09:18 AM.
Old 12-18-08, 01:30 PM   #172
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813
Default were getting close to the end

Okay. I am with you so far. Are you saying that if I transfer the downloanded the music for 1941 - 1945 in the 1941 folder for say, CBS, that when the year 1942 begins the CBS station will play music from 1942? That is what it seems like you are saying. If so, it means I can download all of the music for the CBS station into its 1941 folder, and I will be done with installing music for that station .

Of course, I will have to repeat that process for each station, but that is not a big deal.

I you agree with the above, I am set to rock and roll (or swing or jive, as they might say at the time).

You should rename this mod, "The really hard mod." It has been a ball buster.

Last edited by I'm goin' down; 12-18-08 at 01:32 PM.
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-08, 02:49 PM   #173
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm goin' down
Okay. I am with you so far. Are you saying that if I transfer the downloanded the music for 1941 - 1945 in the 1941 folder for say, CBS, that when the year 1942 begins the CBS station will play music from 1942? That is what it seems like you are saying. If so, it means I can download all of the music for the CBS station into its 1941 folder, and I will be done with installing music for that station .

Of course, I will have to repeat that process for each station, but that is not a big deal.
You don't want to put music beyond the given year in a folder, unless you want to hear all the music in that year station. If you want to be historically accurate, you shouldn't put 1942 music and beyond in the 1941 folder, 1943 in 1942, etc. Now you can if you want put the previous year's music in a later year folder, 1942 and even 1941 in 1943 for example. But I personally don't reccommend or do this myself. Both to save drive space and because there's more than enough music in each year set to listen to.

Now of course all this is assuming you're using the period music. If not, then of course everything you want to hear has to go in each year folder. There is a way to fix the station however so you won't need the year folders, and can save some space. If anyone's interested I can post the instructions. It does take some work, but it will save you duplicating your music.

Quote:
I you agree with the above, I am set to rock and roll (or swing or jive, as they might say at the time).

You should rename this mod, "The really hard mod." It has been a ball buster.
It's not that if you follow the instructions in the readme.

Last edited by fred8615; 12-18-08 at 02:50 PM.
Old 02-05-09, 12:22 PM   #174
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234

fred,

Great work, I really enjoy listening to the old radio stations and programs. I now have set them up to run through Windows Media Player and listen when I am working on other projects!

Thanks man!

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-09, 10:13 AM   #175
Shigawire
Mate

Downloads: 4

The sheer amount of music is seriously disturbing. And the radio broadcasts!
I'm amazed by the sheer size of the collection...

Congratulations
Shigawire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-09, 12:55 PM   #176
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shigawire

Congratulations
Well, as I've said before, if it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

And right now, I'm working on a new station.
Old 02-11-09, 03:47 PM   #177
Shigawire
Mate

Downloads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred8615
Quote:

Congratulations
Well, as I've said before, if it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

And right now, I'm working on a new station.
Cool! Btw. how many hours of audio is in.. say.. the KPO radio station? (8.5gb)
And where on earth did you acquire this audio?
Shigawire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-09, 04:41 PM   #178
cgjimeneza
Captain

Downloads: 145
Default jap songs

pardon the intrussion

Im working on a japanese radio station.... anyone that has jap audio recordings not done by fred or mirrored by him please donate

PS Fred, hope you dont mind my begging here, but do let me know...

"Left on their own, engineers can be dangerous"
cgjimeneza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-09, 04:49 PM   #179
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Quote:
Cool! Btw. how many hours of audio is in.. say.. the KPO radio station? (8.5gb)
And where on earth did you acquire this audio?
I have no idea, and no way to find out that I know of. If I had episodes for every program in the station, it should be about 6 hours per week. The game covers approximately 192 weeks total, so that would be about 1152 hours that it [i]should[/] have. The actual figure is certainly lower.

As for where I found all this stuff; most comes from Archive.org, the rest from a pay site. Sources are noted in the readmes.
Old 02-12-09, 09:51 AM   #180
groomsie
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 50
Default Getting just static

OK, last night I took the plunge and tried the files I've been downloading. Added the AFRS stations + Radio Saigon (decided to stop there and make sure it is working). What I get is the tuner stops at the station frequency as designated, appears to read out correctly, but all I get is static.

I copied my radio.ini file to compare with what is recommended, and it is identical to what Fred posted on last page regarding changes (OK, identical for the shared stations in question). Why would I be getting just static? I know one answer would be no music in the file (wrong file heirarchy), but what I have for example is a folder called "Saigon" below the stock "Washington" folder, and inside that Saigon file is the music files (mp3 format if I recall correctly), so I don't think that is it.

Any advice? Unfortunately I'm typing this from work so if need detail of files and contents I can't do that right away.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.
groomsie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
music, radio, radio stations