SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-02-08, 05:00 PM   #46
danlisa
Navy Seal

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigurd
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboywooly
Whoa easy pple
replacing the tails is easy to do and had been done aleady in a couple of threads
Tis just the conline.tga IIRC
Copy from stock or 1.03 and add to your 2 install
I also seem to remember hearing that it wasn't supported by GWX, as it is technically a mod. If that is the case, you can understand my reluctance to do that I hope. If not, it seems like a little much to go through over something that to me seems like it would be an option in the stock game anyway.
Rgr that.

It's not officially supported because it is against the idea & vision the we built GWX 2.0 to.

That said, as it's only a graphic file, there is nothing that will be broken or be incompatible with GWX 2.0. So use it if you wish.

However, we (the GWX Team) will not give the installation an optional mod to place these back in. It goes against the realism we are trying to bring to the game.
Old 01-02-08, 05:02 PM   #47
Pirate
Lieutenant

Downloads: 152
Uploads: 0

Hello all,

I've got a small request to the GWX Dev tem.
Would it be possible in GWX 2.1 to have a optional mod (JSGME) of having the DF Antenas lowered like the GWX 1.02 and 1.03 have?

Thank you,
And Happy New Year to all
Old 01-02-08, 05:14 PM   #48
U49
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
This news is
U-49 is standing by for further orders...
The part about those historic details is sooooooo fascinating

Special thanks and greetings!
Realism: 90%
U49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-08, 05:25 PM   #49
Albrecht Von Hesse
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Jane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albrecht Von Hesse
As long as you're already working on things . . . :p

Is there any way that the recogntion manual could be modified to split the merchant section into merchant and civilian? With the plethora of new merchant ships (which I certainly am not complaining about! --grins--) now out there, trying to sort through the RM page by page when you are doing manual targeting has, for me, gotten a bit laborious and very slow. I was picturing sorting them into two classes: merchant and civilian, with vessels like sloops, junks, trawlers, tugboats, etc. being placed in the civilian section.

Just an ideer.

And I want to second what others have already said: GWX 2 hasn't been out a month and already you guys are actively fixing small little bugs and looking to improve an already awesome mod. If I had a way to do it I'd send you all real, replica medals. You all deserve some sort of reward for all your hard work and dedication.
Merchant ships are civilian.
::sighs::

I know merchant ships are also civilian. My intention was differentiating, somehow, between vessels carrying cargo (freight, petroleum, ammunition, personnel, etc.) versus pleasure craft (sloops, etc.) and 'working' ships (tugboats, trawlers, fishing boats, etc.). If you're running 100%/manual targeting, it's not exactly like you're going to run across many sloops, junks or fishing boats out in the mid-Atlantic, and --for me, at least-- popping open the merchie section of the RM and wading through a ton o' things to reach your particular ship is slow. And to manual target you have to visually identify then RM-select in order to properly calculate ranges.

'Civilian' might not be the best term to have used; I was simply proposing a concept.
Old 01-02-08, 05:30 PM   #50
Pablo
Commodore

Downloads: 165

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Jane
Quote:
As long as you're already working on things . . . :p

Is there any way that the recogntion manual could be modified to split the merchant section into merchant and civilian? With the plethora of new merchant ships (which I certainly am not complaining about! --grins--) now out there, trying to sort through the RM page by page when you are doing manual targeting has, for me, gotten a bit laborious and very slow. I was picturing sorting them into two classes: merchant and civilian, with vessels like sloops, junks, trawlers, tugboats, etc. being placed in the civilian section.

Just an ideer.

And I want to second what others have already said: GWX 2 hasn't been out a month and already you guys are actively fixing small little bugs and looking to improve an already awesome mod. If I had a way to do it I'd send you all real, replica medals. You all deserve some sort of reward for all your hard work and dedication.
Merchant ships are civilian.
::sighs::

I know merchant ships are also civilian. My intention was differentiating, somehow, between vessels carrying cargo (freight, petroleum, ammunition, personnel, etc.) versus pleasure craft (sloops, etc.) and 'working' ships (tugboats, trawlers, fishing boats, etc.). If you're running 100%/manual targeting, it's not exactly like you're going to run across many sloops, junks or fishing boats out in the mid-Atlantic, and --for me, at least-- popping open the merchie section of the RM and wading through a ton o' things to reach your particular ship is slow. And to manual target you have to visually identify then RM-select in order to properly calculate ranges.

'Civilian' might not be the best term to have used; I was simply proposing a concept.
Hi!

I'm not sure if it's possible to add more sections to each book, but if it is, are you really talking about sorting them by size? For example, everything at or above a specified tonnage number (like, say, 1,000 tons) and everything below that tonnage value (say, below 1,000 tons)?

Pablo

"...far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
- Theodore Roosevelt, speech before the Hamilton Club, Chicago, April 10, 1899
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-08, 06:12 PM   #51
Subject
Sparky

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpt. Lehmann
*Will attempt to fix problem in GWX causing destabilization of gravity...
Definitely looking forward to that.
Experienced myself a serious destabilization a couple of days ago, but didn't relate it to GWX until now... :hmm:

Happy New Year!
Old 01-02-08, 06:14 PM   #52
Paajtor
The Old Man

Downloads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpt. Lehmann

*Mediterranean Axis aircraft skins optional mod more appropriate for those who like to sail in that operational area.
Just noticed this....awesome!

Paajtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-08, 06:16 PM   #53
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I'd like to see a REAL rec manual from that period.
Considering that nearly anything that stood a fighting chance
of crossing the Atlantic, at least, one way once, was
thrown into service?
How up-to-date were the rec manuals?
I did some combat in a few places,
and the rec mans I had didn't show half the crap that came at me armed!!!
Old 01-02-08, 06:22 PM   #54
Paajtor
The Old Man

Downloads: 64

A recog-manual is outdated as soon as you leave harbor, right?

Paajtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-08, 06:25 PM   #55
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

All I can say for fact is,
My rec man DID NOT show a VW Beetle that looked like Herby
armed with Mounted RPGs and 4 crazy cubans!!!
Old 01-02-08, 06:41 PM   #56
von Zelda
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate
I've got a small request to the GWX Dev tem.
Would it be possible in GWX 2.1 to have a optional mod (JSGME) of having the DF Antenas lowered like the GWX 1.02 and 1.03 have?
There was a mod out a while ago to lower the DF Antena in GWX 1.02 or 1.03, will it work in GWX 2.0?
Old 01-02-08, 08:33 PM   #57
wetgoat
Loader

Downloads: 101

It works for me , and didn't mess up anything as far as I know.
wetgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-08, 08:40 PM   #58
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetgoat
It works for me , and didn't mess up anything as far as I know.
Sure it works... but you've broken a number of other things that have been adjusted for GWX 2.0.

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-08, 08:41 PM   #59
Cohaagen
Frogman

Downloads: 43

[quote=Contact]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigurd
Maybe u should downgrade GWX to stock version already, cry baby?

kids...
If you want people to appreciate your stylized tough-guy posturing, a submarine simulation forum probably isn't the best place to do it, paddy merchant :rotfl:
Cohaagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-08, 08:53 PM   #60
Webchessie
Helmsman

Downloads: 16

Wow, I don't check the message boards for a couple of days and what do I find. . . a planned improvement on a already great GWX 2.0!!!

And all this costs me . . . NOTHING!! (except a small donation to my favorite subsim.com because I want to)

THANKS GWX TEAM FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK!