SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-02-08, 02:48 PM   #31
Contact
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthylafh
I noticed in the main thread someone complaining of being unable to get the full score on the Flak Training mission. I've had this problem as well--shot down all Stringbags and all but one Hurri, but didn't get proper credit for completing the primary objectives. Is this a GWX bug or something from SH3?
"Hard in trainings easy at war" =]
If I can remember correctly looks like I lost one of my men in flack gun training, damn it's realy hard nut to crack without losses. Requires quick reaction since airplanes incoming fast and u have to man flack gunner in time, ordering attack option and starting maneuvers.. BTW also u must keep an eye on damages all the time, if it's too stressfull.. DIVE!
Old 01-02-08, 03:10 PM   #32
dcb
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 544
Uploads: 0
Default Message to Kpt. Lehmann

Ahoy Kpt.
I got a PM for you, but your box is full. Care to empty it, pls?
dcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-08, 03:14 PM   #33
GT182
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 658

First off... Happy New Year to the GWX Team and everyone here at SubSim. I've been away and am just getting back to the forums. Once I get my new computer room done I'll finally be able to play GWX again..... 2.0 that is.

Kapt. L, Ms. Armstrong's info sounds like a great turn of events for all. Very fortunate that she plays and loves GWX I'd say, and very fortunate for everyone else too. It has to be one of the greatest after-Chrisrmas presents ever given to sub sim lovers everwhere. Can't wait to to see the 2.1 update come out. Congrats to all and thanks to the Team for their hard work! You ALL did good!

No Borders, No Language, No Culture =s No Country

I'm a Deplorable, and proud of it.
GT182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-08, 03:27 PM   #34
BellJack95
Bosun

Downloads: 149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contact
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigurd
I have a request about the ship tails. I agree that it increases the realism for many players, but what about those of us who play on low realism? I know there's a mod out there to put them back in, but what about making them optional in the first place? It seems that it would solve many arguments and debates about everything, as the people who enjoy high realism can have them removed, and others can choose to do things the old fashioned way.

Just a thought
Maybe u should downgrade GWX to stock version already, cry baby?

kids...

Contact, I think Sigurd's idea holds water and should not be trashed so eloquently with a 'cry baby or kids' reference. I am sure there are many players that enjoy the game using the GWX2.0 and find it would be helpful to see the tail on your target to help in acquiring and engaging the target. After all, we are playing a game.

As for suggesting a person go back to stock SH3 to get 'tails' on the map, I would not wish stock SH3 on anyone. After all the GWX mod is an outstanding mod that vastly improves the stock SH3 game play! It is too bad that as an option you could not select tails at lower realism levels. However, the developers of GWX 2.0 have spoken on this subject so I am learning to get better in finding and engaging targets. If in the future a mod is made for GWX 2.0 that brings the tails back as an optional feature for gamers to use I would be in favor of having it available, I don't know if I would use it (once I get used to no tails) but I would not bash anyone for wanting to have it available for use.

Good Hunting!
BellJack95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-08, 03:28 PM   #35
Paajtor
The Old Man

Downloads: 64
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpt. Lehmann
You can review the first of the 'Silent Warriors' series authored by Ron Young and Pamela Armstrong here: http://www.spellmount.com/bookdetail...=9780752438764
For Dutch readers, you can get it here

Paajtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-08, 03:41 PM   #36
Contact
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Contact, I think Sigurd's idea holds water and should not be trashed so eloquently with a 'cry baby or kids' reference. I am sure there are many players that enjoy the game using the GWX2.0 and find it would be helpful to see the tail on your target to help in acquiring and engaging the target. After all, we are playing a game.

As for suggesting a person go back to stock SH3 to get 'tails' on the map, I would not wish stock SH3 on anyone. After all the GWX mod is an outstanding mod that vastly improves the stock SH3 game play! It is too bad that as an option you could not select tails at lower realism levels. However, the developers of GWX 2.0 have spoken on this subject so I am learning to get better in finding and engaging targets. If in the future a mod is made for GWX 2.0 that brings the tails back as an optional feature for gamers to use I would be in favor of having it available, I don't know if I would use it (once I get used to no tails) but I would not bash anyone for wanting to have it available for use.

Good Hunting![/quote]

Yeah right... like I said, wanna play in sand box ? Get stock version back with stupid tails and contact colors =] Come back to GWX when u're ready for it
Old 01-02-08, 03:44 PM   #37
3Jane
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albrecht Von Hesse
As long as you're already working on things . . . :p

Is there any way that the recogntion manual could be modified to split the merchant section into merchant and civilian? With the plethora of new merchant ships (which I certainly am not complaining about! --grins--) now out there, trying to sort through the RM page by page when you are doing manual targeting has, for me, gotten a bit laborious and very slow. I was picturing sorting them into two classes: merchant and civilian, with vessels like sloops, junks, trawlers, tugboats, etc. being placed in the civilian section.

Just an ideer.

And I want to second what others have already said: GWX 2 hasn't been out a month and already you guys are actively fixing small little bugs and looking to improve an already awesome mod. If I had a way to do it I'd send you all real, replica medals. You all deserve some sort of reward for all your hard work and dedication.
Merchant ships are civilian.

Fate opposes me in vitality and morality, forced ever onward, burdened, always in shackles.
So this very moment, without tarrying, pluck the quivering strings. Because fate punishes the one who plays, all lament with me.

(http://hosted.filefront.com/KatherineRowan)
3Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-08, 03:48 PM   #38
Contact
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Jane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albrecht Von Hesse
As long as you're already working on things . . . :p

Is there any way that the recogntion manual could be modified to split the merchant section into merchant and civilian? With the plethora of new merchant ships (which I certainly am not complaining about! --grins--) now out there, trying to sort through the RM page by page when you are doing manual targeting has, for me, gotten a bit laborious and very slow. I was picturing sorting them into two classes: merchant and civilian, with vessels like sloops, junks, trawlers, tugboats, etc. being placed in the civilian section.

Just an ideer.

And I want to second what others have already said: GWX 2 hasn't been out a month and already you guys are actively fixing small little bugs and looking to improve an already awesome mod. If I had a way to do it I'd send you all real, replica medals. You all deserve some sort of reward for all your hard work and dedication.
Merchant ships are civilian.
Civilian.. and when deck gun appears... not anymore
Old 01-02-08, 04:12 PM   #39
Paco
Captain

Downloads: 345

Great news, thanks GWX-Team

As a german player, I noticed a couple of misspelled cities and Messages(?!) in GWX. Do you have a scope on these "errors" and will you fix them?

Paco.
Paco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-08, 04:18 PM   #40
KeptinCranky
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 3

Paco if you report them, time and date of message, I'm sure they'll try to get it fixed, we did our best finding errors but you can't find them all
KeptinCranky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-08, 04:19 PM   #41
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paco
Great news, thanks GWX-Team

As a german player, I noticed a couple of misspelled cities and Messages(?!) in GWX. Do you have a scope on these "errors" and will you fix them?

Paco.
Can you tell us which cities please?

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-08, 04:38 PM   #42
Sigurd
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 4

Quote:
Yeah right... like I said, wanna play in sand box ? Get stock version back with stupid tails and contact colors =] Come back to GWX when u're ready for it
Glad to see a simple suggestion gets me insulted

What I'd like to know is where you get off treating me like a kid, and insulting me, because I'm not good enough to play with high realism, or intercept a ship 100% of the time.

Now, I'm not here screaming and crying about the tails being removed, but rather giving a suggestion that would please both sides. Including a mod to remove them (or put them back in, whatever) in the GWX release would make things easier honestly, as people such as yourself could play without them, and others can use them.
Sigurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-08, 04:48 PM   #43
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 35

Whoa easy pple
replacing the tails is easy to do and had been done aleady in a couple of threads
Tis just the conline.tga IIRC
Copy from stock or 1.03 and add to your 2 install

My mediafire page http://www.mediafire.com/?11eoq19bq9r41
bigboywooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-08, 04:54 PM   #44
Sigurd
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboywooly
Whoa easy pple
replacing the tails is easy to do and had been done aleady in a couple of threads
Tis just the conline.tga IIRC
Copy from stock or 1.03 and add to your 2 install
I also seem to remember hearing that it wasn't supported by GWX, as it is technically a mod. If that is the case, you can understand my reluctance to do that I hope. If not, it seems like a little much to go through over something that to me seems like it would be an option in the stock game anyway.
Sigurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-08, 04:55 PM   #45
Morts
Admiral

Downloads: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigurd
Quote:
Glad to see a simple suggestion gets me insulted

What I'd like to know is where you get off treating me like a kid, and insulting me, because I'm not good enough to play with high realism, or intercept a ship 100% of the time.

Now, I'm not here screaming and crying about the tails being removed, but rather giving a suggestion that would please both sides. Including a mod to remove them (or put them back in, whatever) in the GWX release would make things easier honestly, as people such as yourself could play without them, and others can use them.
ive got the contact tails right here if you still need/want them http://files.filefront.com/Contact+T.../fileinfo.html
(instructions on where to place it inside)
Morts is offline   Reply With Quote