Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDef View Post
According to the CDC deaths are at 98,261 as of 5/26/2020
Around 1 pm local time I opened this page

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

And there the numbers was 100,000 something.
Well it was after midnight therefore a new day 27 May here...but not in USA.
It was therefore I wrote 5/26

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-20, 11:47 AM   #3722
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
Sorry I pulled you chain Skybird, but I should of said you recommended high does of vitamin D and then you added the extra drugs to counter using such high doses.

Now you have excused me of being like Donald Trump ... your observations are worse than mine
I give you that trhe quesiton is what "higher doses" of Vitamine D really means. State offices are conservative, so are many instiotutions,m last but not least to not be held legally acountable for anything going wrong. Regional laws demand this and that legal formality to be printed on a package, yes.

Its just that I read reports by practical doctors aand saw lectures given by doctors at youtube who rweproted froms their oratcice and said they treated people with severls tens of thousands of I.E. per day - but then under laboratory ocntrol of course. So, the range of what is possible and probabaly uncritical - if supplemented by K2 and Magnesium - varies wildly, from high hundreds to high tens of tousands. While some conservatives and pedagogues principally will insist on that you should not take a pill, but eat an apple. Here in germany, up to 20.000 IEs can be sold freely. The legal status is that of a food, not that of a medical drug. The package must show a sehetence saying "per week" (= 20 thosuand per 7 days), but that is a legal formality only, without any medical basis, like there must be a date stamped on a food can. When I said one shoudl ciosnider to take 20, 10 or 5 thoszuand IEs, I just did a subjetive survey of all that input, and then picked a "guess" that still is at the oower end of things, so make sure the value is distant from the treshholkd value of 200 thousands units where you cna indeed start to get brain, heart and cognitive issues. But I pressed repeatedly and always for taking Vit-K2 as well. Else that calcium indeed could become a problem sooner or later. The other thigns I am not so concerned of at all when we talk of doses in the range of 5- 20 thsouand IEs, but Calcuj mjust be monitored, and Magnesium should be taken so that all that Vitamine-D taking is not being a waste of time and money (metabolism of Vit-D needs some oil/fat). Oil/fat also is needed abit, and may it be only the butter on a slice of bread. Vitamine D often gets sold in fish oil capsules, but these are more expensive.

Vitamine D consummation can be precisely controlled by blood analysis and mionitopring the resulting subsaqtnces after the Vitmane got broken up. The mols per litre then can be logged and watched, to eb sued as an objective criterion. Again, state services tend to set these values probbaly way too low. Conservatism. I think bey<oind 50 thosauand at the lkatest you indeed should not tak emore without a doctor moinitopring your blood values. Due to different skin colours and different exposure times to different intensity of sunlights, the amount of vitamine D needed to result in the same blood saturation value, can vary very drastically. Other metablistic factors also weigh in. The metabolic homeostasis of the body is a multi-factorial formula with a hilariously high number of variables. Simple, linear links often are due to misled models. But not always. The correlation between Vit-D and immune resistance to Covid-19, is a very strong, convicining one. And that I say although I usually warn of taking correlations too simple. Abusing corrrelations is very much en vogue today. It serves the demand for easy, quick rhetorics that the crowd finds easy to buy into.
Old 05-27-20, 12:04 PM   #3723
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

I get Vitamin D3 through my doctor. In a blood test taken about a year ago showed a dangerous low level of this vitamin.

I take 1 x 35 micro gram per day.(one tablet)

Markus
Old 05-27-20, 12:31 PM   #3724
skidman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 85

Quote:
I don't think you can compare the European Union with USA.

The European Union consist of independent and (somehow)free countries.
Each of them with the own national anthem.
And much more.
The different national anthems are less important here. The different economic/financial situations and more or less capable health care systems in the member countries are crucial. Yes, you can put Belgium, struggling and facing national bankruptcy for many years, and heavyweights like Germany in the same basket. It just doesn't make sense if you want a fair estimate on how good everybody is dealing with the virus (And of course Rockstar knows this).

Let's have a look at some more data:

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/c...OL~ROU~SVN~SVK

See? There were catastrophic phases in some European countries, but now everybody is doing quite well "flattening the curve" with two exceptions:

Sweden: The government decided they want to be on a suicide mission. Someone will be held responsible for this one day.

The USA: Why is that? I mean, one of the wealthiest, most developed countries in the world fails so miserably fighting the virus. That is the reason the rest of the world (except Brazil, they are busy digging graves) is staring at those numbers, not malice or spite. We just want to know why and maybe someone here can enlighten us.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.” (Douglas Adams)
skidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-20, 12:53 PM   #3725
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidman View Post
The different national anthems are less important here. The different economic/financial situations and more or less capable health care systems in the member countries are crucial. Yes, you can put Belgium, struggling and facing national bankruptcy for many years, and heavyweights like Germany in the same basket. It just doesn't make sense if you want a fair estimate on how good everybody is dealing with the virus (And of course Rockstar knows this).

Let's have a look at some more data:

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/c...OL~ROU~SVN~SVK

See? There were catastrophic phases in some European countries, but now everybody is doing quite well "flattening the curve" with two exceptions:

Sweden: The government decided they want to be on a suicide mission. Someone will be held responsible for this one day.

The USA: Why is that? I mean, one of the wealthiest, most developed countries in the world fails so miserably fighting the virus. That is the reason the rest of the world (except Brazil, they are busy digging graves) is staring at those numbers, not malice or spite. We just want to know why and maybe someone here can enlighten us.

Hell when all this started all I ever read here were euros trolling how bad the U.S. health care system is compared to European way of doing things. Come to find out there are well over 164,000 deaths in your healthcare utopia. How do you explain that? Whats your excuse? More importantly why was it just shrugged aside not even mentioned?

Compared to the deaths per capita your utopian European healthcare is leading the way.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/...n-inhabitants/

Probably not one European headline over there wondering about that is there? They do a great job creating alternate realities for you to live in dont they?

IMO the major difference between us is that I'm aware of whats going on in my neighborhood. Whereas it seems to me Europeans are like old women gossiping over the terrible state of disrepair everyone else's house is in while theirs burns to the ground.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 05-27-20 at 02:16 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-20, 01:25 PM   #3726
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-20, 01:30 PM   #3727
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I get Vitamin D3 through my doctor. In a blood test taken about a year ago showed a dangerous low level of this vitamin.

I take 1 x 35 micro gram per day.(one tablet)

Markus
FYI, thats 1400 IE's.
Vit D3 is from animal\meat food or sun production. D2 is from vegetarian food. Both get refined to (german) Calcitrol, which is measurable in the blood. D3 produces more of that than D2. D2 also is less stable than D3. Thus, D3 is the higher quality version of vitamine D.
Old 05-27-20, 02:00 PM   #3728
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

A question I have not heard anyone ask or answer.

Can covid be transmitted by mosquitoes like many other virus'?
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-20, 02:01 PM   #3729
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

I have nowhere written haha or LOL when I mentioned USA when it comes to this Corona virus.

It made me really sad, when I saw the numbers, 1 hour after midnight.

The same was also the case, when I saw Italy and Spain had passed 30,000

No countries shall point fingers at each others.

Markus
Old 05-27-20, 02:13 PM   #3730
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
A question I have not heard anyone ask or answer.

Can covid be transmitted by mosquitoes like many other virus'?

I thought about that months ago but didn't dare bring that question up here. Now that the cat's out of the bag, I dont see why skeeter's couldn't be infectious they can transmit just about everything else.

Old 05-27-20, 02:25 PM   #3731
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidman View Post

You're comparing us with countries that have 10% of our population and wondering why we have more cases? Really?
Old 05-27-20, 02:27 PM   #3732
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
I thought about that months ago but didn't dare bring that question up here. Now that the cat's out of the bag, I dont see why skeeter's couldn't be infectious they can transmit just about everything else.

Old 05-27-20, 02:49 PM   #3733
skidman
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Hell when all this started all I ever read here were euros trolling how bad the U.S. health care system is compared to European way of doing things.
https://www.institutmontaigne.org/en...are-weaknesses

https://www.businessinsider.com/top-...20-4?r=DE&IR=T

https://www.trtworld.com/opinion/cor...e-system-35057

Oh, and one of my all time favorites, not Corona related, but:

https://www.thenation.com/article/ar...merican-decay/

Quote:
Come to find out there are well over 164,000 deaths in your healthcare utopia.
A shocking number (and even more shocking in "[SIZE=2]", thanks again). You know what? Almost all Europeans know about the errors that were made on our side of the pond fighting the virus:

Belgium did not have enough money to keep a sufficient standard in their healthcare system for at least 15 years. France had reduced the number of beds in ICUs just before the pandemic and so did Spain. Italy failed to react quickly enough to protect the overaged population. In all of these countries the system partially collapsed (at least for 2-3 weeks, just like in the state of New York). Germany did not store enough masks and protective gowns.The UK has a PM who had to learn the lesson the hard way.

Of course those severe problems were addressed in detail on TV, in the papers, on the web and the efficiency of our public healthcare systems is a controversial topic in every election campaign in every EU country.

My point, and you missed it completely, is: In Europe there have been adequate responses to the initial errors managing the pandemic scenario. As a consequence the curves were flattened.

Not in the US. I want to know why.

Quote:
IMO the major difference between us is that I'm aware of whats going on in my neighborhood.
Then you are the perfect person to explain this:

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/c...ountry=USA~ITA

I have chosen Italy as the EU example because they admitted they've made a couple of catastrophic mistakes in the beginning (the phase in which both curves are identical). But then the curves start to diverge. Why?

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.” (Douglas Adams)
Old 05-27-20, 02:56 PM   #3734
skidman
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
You're comparing us with countries that have 10% of our population and wondering why we have more cases? Really?
Yes . Really. The data plotted in my link is normalized "per capita". Obviously you have spent less than three seconds evaluating the graphs. Embarrassing, eh?

Old 05-27-20, 03:30 PM   #3735
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:

Yep, I guess the next logical next step for government to take. Is mandating the use of clothing impregnated with citronella wax and bathing twice a day in DEET. Oh and dont forget your mask! Government is your savior.

Last edited by Rockstar; 05-27-20 at 03:42 PM.

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan