SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-19-10, 05:59 PM   #61
doomlordis
Wild Night in Bangkok

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0

Does the change to the visual detection range make the grey circle around targets inaccurate then? How does that work, it changes based on your angle to the target but it does not cover 25km thats for sure.
Old 05-19-10, 06:40 PM   #62
ddrgn
Korvettenkapitän

Downloads: 362
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomlordis View Post
Does the change to the visual detection range make the grey circle around targets inaccurate then? How does that work, it changes based on your angle to the target but it does not cover 25km thats for sure.
I never see the grey radius around targets as my contact updates are always off. I would guess the grey circle is just a .dds file that is static.
ddrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-10, 07:23 PM   #63
doomlordis
Wild Night in Bangkok

Downloads: 12

Nno, the size grows and shrinks depending on how visable you are, turn side on and it gets bigger , turn to face the target and it shrinks. Must be a value/agirithm for it.
Old 08-14-10, 05:53 PM   #64
pioleen
Seaman

Downloads: 206

Hello ddrgn, first of all thank you for your great job.

It is a very important mod for single player. However, some days ago I played a multiplayer mission with two friends of mine. One of them was detected after few minutes. Half of the destroyers haunted him throughout the game. Shortly after, my second friend was detected too and the other destroyers attacked him. Then I was able to attack some merchant ship easily, hehehe.

Soon, I was surprised because the merchant ships spotted me (opps, my periscope!) and I was shot by them but no destroyer was approaching me. Then, I started heading toward my friend and when the merchant ships were far and the destroyers very, very, near I emerged my u-boat. All the destroyers were attacking my friend... as if I were not there. I could even shoot a destroyer to help my friend with the deck-gun.

The most incredible moment was when my second friend was sunk and "his destroyers" attacked to my first friend... I was there... I was on the surface above him and the destroyers ignored me. The result was all the destroyers were attacking to my friend. Here you can find a screenshot:

Did you test the mod in multiplayer with several human players? It would be a pity that it is not possible to play this game in multiplayer because some u-boats can be invisible for the destroyers.

Thank you for your attention.
pioleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-10, 05:56 PM   #65
ddrgn
Korvettenkapitän

I only play multiplayer..... so yes its tested in MP.

The problem you have happens with or without my mods installed.
Old 08-14-10, 07:02 PM   #66
pioleen
Seaman

Downloads: 206

Do you mean that the problem is independent of your mod? I have no problem in single player. It works very well.
I mean then I have some incompatibility between mods, don't I? I will analyze the problem.
Thank you for your quick answer.
pioleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-10, 08:01 PM   #67
ddrgn
Korvettenkapitän

In MP the DD's do not tell each other "you go for this sub and I go for that one", the AI is just not that smart. When you play MP the DD's will attack whatever sub it has a contact on, even dead subs, and even if another sub may be closer. I make maps and put 4 subs on one side and 4 on the other of convoys, and split of the DD's well so they go for independent contacts.
Old 08-15-10, 06:11 AM   #68
PL_Andrev
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 91

Did you try to test IRAI on MP game?

PL_Andrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-10, 03:41 PM   #69
Leveche
Swabbie

Downloads: 39

First of all, ddrgn, thank you for your great job.
I agree on the fact that artificial intelligence won´t ever be as human intelligence.
It can´t work as human intelligence, when starting a game, and knowing that there are three submarines for that game, I first attack the one that seems to be the most dangerous, and then, another one, or, if I have a bigger number of destroyers, I am sending three of those for one submarine and two for the other.
Artificial intelligence can´t tell the difference between contacts, the contact is made and it goes right to it.
Being that way, let´s imagine it first detects the ones that attack to port of the convoy. The order to go to that zone emerges from its artificial conduct.
Well, the question would be if once the attack to the non detected submarines and located to starboard of the convoy has started, with the propeller´s noise of torpedoes, ships’ explosions, etc, orders to the artificial intelligence could arise so that part of them, especially if they have already managed to neutralize the danger of the submarines to port, could go to the starboard area to neutralize that attack.
I think it would be very interesting, is it possible to obtain that from the Artificial Intelligence?
Moving on with the subject, is it possible for the deep loads to be adjusted to more historical values and produce a bigger damage?
Is it possible for a mod to make a more thorough battle report in multiplayer after the end of the game, including names of ships as in Silent Hunter III?
Is it possible for a mod to create a register of battle actions as in Silent Hunter II?
I follow your work, it´s a pity my English is not too good, I agree with your statements about visual ranks, about TMO and how historic attacks were, Otto Kretschmer, Patroclus, Laurentic, etc.
Thank you so much for your work towards multiplayer´s players.
This aspect of the game is not very much taken care of by Ubisoft.
Cheers.
Leveche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-12, 03:11 PM   #70
Factor_X
Watch

Downloads: 136

Can this mod be installed during a campaign? or is it necessary to restart it?
Factor_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-13, 02:58 PM   #71
Odin-hnx1982
Nub

Downloads: 56
Default thx

thx
Odin-hnx1982 is offline   Reply With Quote