SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-31-08, 05:52 AM   #301
Progrocker
Gunner

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0

Great work, adds atmosphere to the simulation.
Progrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-08, 03:14 AM   #302
Schwuppes
中国水兵

Downloads: 22

After playing for a while with your sound mod.... I still think the creaking sounds are still too frequent, although their volume is good!

But thanks anyway
E8400 @ 4.00Ghz standard vCore, Gigabyte P35C DS3R @ 445 Mhz, Leadtek GTX 280, 3 x 1GB Kingston DDR2 800 @ 890Mhz, 250GB +160GB HDD, Terratec DMX 6fire 24/96, Silverstone ST60F 600W, Logitech Z-5500 THX

Schwuppes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-08, 05:10 AM   #303
SeaWolf U-57
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwuppes
After playing for a while with your sound mod.... I still think the creaking sounds are still too frequent, although their volume is good!

But thanks anyway
I think all the sounds together are just the best. All things can be improved but you cant please just one person when more than one thinks its good. if you dont like the underwater sounds maybe you should be on a ship:hmm:
SeaWolf U-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-08, 01:17 PM   #304
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang

Downloads: 146

I think that there's no perfect opinion. To each his own.

But I trully believe that if one hundred persons post here what they think of the creak sounds, we will have a pretty solid general opinion of them, and from that we can improve the mod, all together.

It's very complicated for a modder when just one guy comes and say "this is not ok", as there other 800 guys playing the mod and don't complaining about any part of it.

Is is a general opinion? If so, sure I'll be glad to improve on what I can, but I need help from you guys.

As I said before, I'm a community modder, I'll do mods that pleases the masses, coz I believe that a mod that fits my tastes won't be as good and as real as one mod that pleases the masses, coz when you have a lot of opinions blended together, the outcome product is always better than when it's done in solo mode.
Old 06-14-08, 01:53 PM   #305
SeaWolf U-57
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipp_Thomsen
I think that there's no perfect opinion. To each his own.

But I trully believe that if one hundred persons post here what they think of the creak sounds, we will have a pretty solid general opinion of them, and from that we can improve the mod, all together.

It's very complicated for a modder when just one guy comes and say "this is not ok", as there other 800 guys playing the mod and don't complaining about any part of it.

Is is a general opinion? If so, sure I'll be glad to improve on what I can, but I need help from you guys.

As I said before, I'm a community modder, I'll do mods that pleases the masses, coz I believe that a mod that fits my tastes won't be as good and as real as one mod that pleases the masses, coz when you have a lot of opinions blended together, the outcome product is always better than when it's done in solo mode.
Clap clap clap well said ..

P.s i hope you didn't mind about the Girls officer joke on you other thread SH3 Commander 3.0 + GWX 2.1 (Having a ball!)
Old 06-14-08, 01:56 PM   #306
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang

Not at all, mate... I'm all jokes!
Old 06-14-08, 06:33 PM   #307
SeaWolf U-57
Ace of the Deep

Now they are calling me names back Moderators Power rules
Old 06-15-08, 03:22 AM   #308
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix1957
Now they are calling me names back Moderators Power rules
You know you did wrong by saying all that.
We should never take to the personal side with forum issues. Never.
The moderators here are the law. You ask nicely, and get what you wished, or not.
Acting offensive will not make you get what you want.
The only thing that will happen is to get behind bars, like you are now.
Forums are like in real life: You have to behave nicely to one's neighbour to be reciprocal.
If you don't, you start making enemies. And then things starts to get ugly.
So what I would do now, if I were you, is to create a new profile and change radically my attitude.
Be nice to everybody, even if you think they don't deserve to be treated nicely.
Reason? Simple... Being rude won't change nothing, except you being banned.
Old 06-16-08, 01:06 AM   #309
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang

So, where the hell are all my beta-testers???

I'm interested on starting the development of V4, which will have by default the replacement of all the sounds from the game, and new voices for all the officers, with the help of some fellows that can speak german.

Now... where are the candidates? :hmm:
Old 06-16-08, 01:39 AM   #310
Schwuppes
中国水兵

Downloads: 22

I am German, I speak it perfectly! I volunteer!
E8400 @ 4.00Ghz standard vCore, Gigabyte P35C DS3R @ 445 Mhz, Leadtek GTX 280, 3 x 1GB Kingston DDR2 800 @ 890Mhz, 250GB +160GB HDD, Terratec DMX 6fire 24/96, Silverstone ST60F 600W, Logitech Z-5500 THX

Schwuppes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-08, 07:29 PM   #311
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang

Great, Schwuppes!

Now I need eight more volunteers!
Old 06-16-08, 10:54 PM   #312
Vader 1
Engineer

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwuppes
I am German, I speak it perfectly! I volunteer!
Thank you sir from us non german speakers that wait for the next release of PT's excellent work
Old 06-20-08, 03:44 AM   #313
Tarred Rope
Watch

Downloads: 10

Otto, I just wanted to say I LOVE your work!!!! DANKE!!!!! BTW, what was that "Irish drinking song" in the sounds folder you put in there for the dock music??? HEHE I loved it (nice surprise!) but I'm afraid I had to swap it for "muss i denn" to keep my immersion in the salty depths rather than in Guinness I made some minor edits to some sound files to fit my own personal tastes, but you definitely saved me a tonnage of a load with your mod and endless hours of work staying awake doing it. You rock mon ami!!!! IT'S THOMSENNN!!!!

PS: Did you say you actually know Otto Sander? I'd say give him my regards, but he doesn't know who I am. So give my regards to the Brazilian ladies instead

Cheers,
Clive
Tarred Rope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-08, 03:34 PM   #314
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarred Rope
Otto, I just wanted to say I LOVE your work!!!! DANKE!!!!! BTW, what was that "Irish drinking song" in the sounds folder you put in there for the dock music??? HEHE I loved it (nice surprise!) but I'm afraid I had to swap it for "muss i denn" to keep my immersion in the salty depths rather than in Guinness I made some minor edits to some sound files to fit my own personal tastes, but you definitely saved me a tonnage of a load with your mod and endless hours of work staying awake doing it. You rock mon ami!!!! IT'S THOMSENNN!!!!

PS: Did you say you actually know Otto Sander? I'd say give him my regards, but he doesn't know who I am. So give my regards to the Brazilian ladies instead

Cheers,
Clive
That fanfarra music is wrong... I ended up uploading the wrong ones...
I would apreciate a lot some tips and some feedback from you to start building the next version of the sound pack!
Old 08-25-08, 12:11 PM   #315
croasse79
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
SWS allhands + battlestation sound

Hi all,

First a big thanks to you MISTER THOMSEN : you rule !!!

Honestly now I crash dive only for the sound cranking pleasure!
My favorites is all the vintage electronic sirens , buzzers, electric motors... (small electronic sound when torpedo lauch, periscope up/down motors and so on...)
Also I love the SWS allhands.wav + SWS battlestations.wav sound in the THOMSEN's sound folder but I can not find it ingame!!!!
How to do , pliz??? I tried by using the "surface attack button stations" and "immerge attack button stations" but no way......

Also I have a free comment about realism, I am fed up with the rotation of the periscope , we can use it like a small wood stick! Do you remember the scene in "Das Boot" when the submerged attack of the destroyer, how slow is the rotation + the sound
on the left gggzzzziiiiiiiiii clac! on the right ggggzzzzzzziiiiiiiiii clac!.........
Do you know if there is mod, soluce, about this problem?

THOMSEN, Tks again you gave me ear orgasm!!! :rotfl:
croasse79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
living