Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-19-20, 09:25 PM   #1546
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subnuts View Post
I work at a supermarket, and tonight, after an entire week of coronavirus panic, I FINALLY managed to snag a four-pack of generic store brand toilet paper.

A whole WEEK!
Wow! Tell us more subnuts do your co-workers wear mask yet?
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-20, 09:43 PM   #1547
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET2SN View Post
Plugging in a new one when your old one conks out isn't the issue. Plugging in twelve of them and taking down the power on your block, is.

Let me know when that happens, please.

Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-20, 10:25 PM   #1548
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Let me know when that happens, please.

Great, I just wasted a bunch of time on some PM's when I could just post a flipping vid.
ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-20, 04:48 AM   #1549
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Preliminary studies in China suggest that blood group is a factor in how the COVID-19 affects population.

"A" seems to be the most affected, with increased risk of complications and need for extra care.

"0" is the less affected by the virus.

Quote:
The proportion of blood group A and O in COVID-19 patients were significantly higher and lower, respectively, than that in normal people (both P < 0.001). Similar ABO distribution pattern was observed in 398 patients from another two hospitals in Wuhan and Shenzhen. Meta-analyses on the pooled data showed that blood group A had a significantly higher risk for COVID-19 (odds ratio-OR, 1.20; 95% confidence interval-CI 1.02~1.43, P = 0.02) compared with non-A blood groups, whereas blood group O had a significantly lower risk for the infectious disease (OR, 0.67; 95% CI 0.60~0.75, P < 0.001) compared with non-O blood groups
Source: https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....11.20031096v1
Old 03-20-20, 05:35 AM   #1550
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

We're an odd society. We'll ruin ourselves in an attempt to keep great aunt Gertrude (whom we never visit) alive and collecting social security for a few more years at least. In the meantime we're tossing babies out with the bath water, and talking about aborting them after they've been born. Strange times we live in.
Old 03-20-20, 05:54 AM   #1551
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Icon12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
Preliminary studies in China suggest that blood group is a factor in how the COVID-19 affects population.

"A" seems to be the most affected, with increased risk of complications and need for extra care.

"0" is the less affected by the virus.

Source: https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....11.20031096v1
Too much speculation BS and lies going around, yes this maybe fact but what is needed is confirmed 100% fact.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-20, 06:12 AM   #1552
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

Here is a really nice article on the COVID19 and the SARS COV-2 virus written by a person who has a Ph.D. in microbiology.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2020...nts=1&start=40
Old 03-20-20, 06:28 AM   #1553
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Too much speculation BS and lies going around, yes this maybe fact but what is needed is confirmed 100% fact.
Well it's a medical paper showing plain numbers, i.e. facts translated into stats. The % of A-blood group people affected in hospital with COVID-19 is objectively higher than that in the population and the opposite happens with the 0-group people. This also seems to happen in the case of pancreatic cancer, A & B blood group people are statistically more affected (Up to 70% more likely). I know because my father in law died from that cancer and was A , we were told about that research back then and you can find it in scientific papers. Then in turn 0-blood group people are more sensitive to other diseases, of course. Given the number of infected people in Wuhan, the study has enough cases to be significant and not mere coincidence.

It is a statistic fact then, now it's up to the scientists to find the cause and see if it opens another door to help combating the disease.
Old 03-20-20, 06:56 AM   #1554
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
Well it's a medical paper showing plain numbers, i.e. facts translated into stats. The % of A-blood group people affected in hospital with COVID-19 is objectively higher than that in the population and the opposite happens with the 0-group people. This also seems to happen in the case of pancreatic cancer, A & B blood group people are statistically more affected (Up to 70% more likely). I know because my father in law died from that cancer and was A , we were told about that research back then and you can find it in scientific papers. Then in turn 0-blood group people are more sensitive to other diseases, of course. Given the number of infected people in Wuhan, the study has enough cases to be significant and not mere coincidence.

It is a statistic fact then, now it's up to the scientists to find the cause and see if it opens another door to help combating the disease.
As a old scenic I have witness these sorts of things saying..yes yes yes yes, oh wait errr we may have said yes when we should have said no. I want it 100% from many world wide experts. Don't get me wrong but if this is indeed something then yes good.

Meanwhile panic buyers are now stocking up on bottled water as they stake out supermarkets sleeping in their cars over night already to kick down the doors sorry that is to come may be next week, in the mean time thump the doors to get in! Yes there is a plague sweeping the UK its called the madness selfish screw you plague.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 03-20-20, 07:10 AM   #1555
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

^ Can you drink the water that comes out of the water tap?
Water here is potable. It is not distilled water nor "mineral" water, but perfectly suited to drink.

We also have a well in the garden, but the water is quite iron-rich. Still potable though. But only an electric pump, need to get a manual one for backup maybe.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-20, 07:23 AM   #1556
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
^ Can you drink the water that comes out of the water tap?
YES.

Please don't ask me why they are panic buying bottled water as I am not a panic buyer I can not say what goes though their minds.

Old 03-20-20, 07:37 AM   #1557
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Uploads: 13

This says it all for me

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-20, 07:41 AM   #1558
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
A man has been arrested for allegedly failing to self-isolate after arriving on the Isle of Man amid the coronavirus pandemic.

The island has passed emergency legislation requiring new arrivals to quarantine themselves for 14 days.

People who break the law could face a fine of up to £10,000 or three months in prison, the chief minister has said.

The 26-year-old man is thought to be the first person held in the British Isles for breaching quarantine rules.

He is "in a specially cleaned" area at Isle of Man Constabulary's headquarters in Douglas "designated for those who should be self-isolating".
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-eur...f-man-51974140
Probably the first of a great many more in the future.

Old 03-20-20, 07:49 AM   #1559
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
This says it all for me

ALL TOO TRUE.

That should be screened 24/7 in every food shop in the UK.

I will stop there as you guys know my view and I don't want to have a another major rant on here.

We should all pray for everyone on the front line who are putting themselves at greater risk!

Old 03-20-20, 07:57 AM   #1560
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan