SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-30-11, 10:56 PM   #826
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Problem maybe . I installed magnum Opus V1 and patch 2 . I also installed sobers 100% underwater FX .
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...=2750&act=down

With the mega mod patch 2 the game isnt reading PFX files . My mod works vanilla but not with the mega mod patch 2 .
LOL sober i am thinking at this mod of yours sobers 100% underwater FX - you are hunting sweeping the scope underwater sometimes?
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-11, 11:10 PM   #827
SashaKA001
中国水兵

Downloads: 231
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifty_mcgrift View Post
I hope I'm not derailing any topics, but I'm having some problems and I didn't know where to turn.

I recently install the Magnum Opus Mod with Patch 2 and I've been experiencing some annoying and strange problems. First, I had extreme frame rate drops, but I removed Steelvikings shadow mod and that seems to have fixed things up just fine.

But I'm still experiencing some odd graphic glitches. For example, the screen will go black. I can still move around and hear the sound of my footsteps, just the screen is black. If I alt-tab out of the game and go back, it will fix the problem, but then it happens again. I also experience glitches like things disappearing when I move the mouse pointer over them, then when I click, they reappear. I've also had the water completely disappear and I can see the ground and it looks like the boat is floating through the air. I tried updating the drivers for my graphics card and I thought that solved the problem, but the glitches reappeared when I started a new campaign and finished the tutorial. I also have a lot of random crashes to desktop. I've tried lowering my settings, but I still experience the same problem. I should also note that these issues only seem to occur in the campaign. I've tried playing some historical missions and everything runs just fine.

So has anyone else experienced these problems, and if so, please tell me how to fix them. They are very frustrating and annoying. I hope it's not a mod issue, because I really don't think I can play SH5 without MO mod. It would just suck too much.

Also, my system checks out for all system requirments. I am using an ATI card, 5700, 1gig of ram I believe. So again, any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
And how much RAM you have, and how many cores in a processor? If one core is almost normal, if you have 2 gigabytes of memory it is very small. Video card out of it then plays a minor role. In the foreground memory, the more memory to s top.
SashaKA001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-11, 11:19 PM   #828
Grifty_mcgrift
Watch

Downloads: 73

Quote:
And how much RAM you have, and how many cores in a processor? If one core is almost normal, if you have 2 gigabytes of memory it is very small. Video card out of it then plays a minor role. In the foreground memory, the more memory to s top.
I have a dual core process and 2 gigs of ram. I pass all the system requirements in the test the game does when you first install. And the game runs fine on historical missions, even on full settings, so I'm not sure what is causing the problem with the campaign. Could it be something to do with saves sychronized online? I've switched it off, but when I start the game at the main menu, it still says games are sycrhonized from server. Is that normal? Should that message appear at all?
Grifty_mcgrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-11, 12:29 AM   #829
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Hi TDW,

Before you had the IRAI_0_0_30_No_hydrophone_on_surface_No_Aircraft_s potting added in your MO. Will be not more in the new one?

Thanks!
Old 01-31-11, 12:32 AM   #830
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoianm View Post
Hi TDW,

Before you had the IRAI_0_0_30_No_hydrophone_on_surface_No_Aircraft_s potting added in your MO. Will be not more in the new one?

Thanks!
No it will not be part of MO anymore. MO is going to be out of the box for the total beginner.

Any add-on mod from my UIs mod can be used in MO though so don't worry You'll just need to enable the add-on mods wanted from my UIs mod.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-11, 12:41 AM   #831
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Can you change the explanation at post #1 with the ones that you gived to me: ,,You can still adjust, that's why they are there. The values have changed that's all and you have min and max for each sensor. The values are now 0-100 with 0 being no sensor. Default values are 85 for min and 100 for max for each sensor. Intermediates will probably want to use 85 min and 95 max and beginners will probably want to use 80 min and 90 max.''

Because of that i was a little bit confused!

Thanks!
Old 01-31-11, 12:43 AM   #832
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoianm View Post
Can you change the explanation at post #1 with the ones that you gived to me: ,,You can still adjust, that's why they are there. The values have changed that's all and you have min and max for each sensor. The values are now 0-100 with 0 being no sensor. Default values are 85 for min and 100 for max for each sensor. Intermediates will probably want to use 85 min and 95 max and beginners will probably want to use 80 min and 90 max.''

Because of that i was a little bit confused!

Thanks!
when I release the new version of MO I will. Currently the old version of IRAI is in MO so what is stated at post #1 still applies
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-11, 12:46 AM   #833
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Logical, you are right. My bad, sorry!
Old 01-31-11, 08:17 AM   #834
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
No it will not be part of MO anymore. MO is going to be out of the box for the total beginner.

Any add-on mod from my UIs mod can be used in MO though so don't worry You'll just need to enable the add-on mods wanted from my UIs mod.
Nice idea

Go with a solid base and let folks customize to their liking from there.

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-11, 10:26 AM   #835
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Hi TDW,

If your MO it is able to make a crash dive with telleport to obs scope then wy when i play the trevally script Pesky Aeroplanes! i must be below decs?

Thanks!
Old 01-31-11, 10:35 AM   #836
mobucks
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 209

While catering to the total beginner is understandable, where will I turn to for a mod that caters towards total realism? I dont really see how removing something from the mod that creates realism is helping/hindering a beginner, when there are plenty of options "in game" to cater to said beginner. ie. Map Contacts on/External Cam ect ect.

Another option i find odd is the "allow to recieve radio messages below surface" option. What is the realistic value for this? I would guess a sub cannot reciever radio when submerged, so why not have that value at a realistic base so someone who just wants to play a realistic sub game can jump in and play, regardless of difficulty, a sub that behaves realisticly? Same can be said for most effeicent speed option and a few others maybe.

I certainly dont see a lot of people posting how the game is too hard because of these added options, quite the contrary, these are issues with the base game that were requested to be fixed from the get-go.

IMHO, any option that can be changed through modding, in MO, should default to a realistic value. We are after all playing a sub simulation here.
mobucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-11, 04:29 PM   #837
Grifty_mcgrift
Watch

Downloads: 73

Hello all,

I just had quick question about Magnum Opus. As some of you may have noticed from a pervious post, I was having problems after installing the mod with patch 2, including graphic glitches and crashing to desktop. So after a few days of pulling my hair out, I removed Magnum, did a fresh install of SH5, and added some select mods. I managed to start a campaign, do a patrol in and around the harbour, and return to base, all without any glitches or crashes. My system still seemed to be working a little hard, but I was running on full detail across the board. But still, no problems. So I'm thinking it had something to do with Magnum Opus, and my money is probably on the Envro mod.

Is there anyway to install Magnum without the envro mod? There are so many great things in Magnum that I would like to have, like the IRAI mod that I can't seem to find anywhere else to download. So if there is anyway to install Magnum without envro, please let me know. Thanks!
Grifty_mcgrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-11, 05:22 PM   #838
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Hello all,

I just had quick question about Magnum Opus. As some of you may have noticed from a pervious post, I was having problems after installing the mod with patch 2, including graphic glitches and crashing to desktop. So after a few days of pulling my hair out, I removed Magnum, did a fresh install of SH5, and added some select mods. I managed to start a campaign, do a patrol in and around the harbour, and return to base, all without any glitches or crashes. My system still seemed to be working a little hard, but I was running on full detail across the board. But still, no problems. So I'm thinking it had something to do with Magnum Opus, and my money is probably on the Envro mod.

Is there anyway to install Magnum without the envro mod? There are so many great things in Magnum that I would like to have, like the IRAI mod that I can't seem to find anywhere else to download. So if there is anyway to install Magnum without envro, please let me know. Thanks!
No, you can not instal MO without env mod.

All the mods that TDW use in his MO you can find on this forum - it is a search section -

You can see the list of the mods that TDW used in MO in last page post#1

The thing is that TDW made change to make some mods compatible - if you will try to install stand allone mods you will have conflicts somethimes.

Before i used to play with all the mods that TDW used in MO and many more - but is better with MO.

If you install all the mods made by TDW you will not have conflicts (just to install in the corect order)

In your place first i will start with new uis by TDW v6.3.7 after IRAI and so on.

I made what you want to try now: a lots of the problems that i had and a lots of advices you will find at this thread:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...=179490&page=3

Start with the begining and i will help you in the way:
TDW UIs:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...66093&page=413

IRAI:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...171973&page=71

Best regards!
Old 02-01-11, 01:03 AM   #839
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618

Quote:
Hello all,

Hi there

Here is the IRAI:

http://www.filefront.com/17873484/IRAI_0_0_30_TheDarkWraith.7z/

The game is always synchronizing from the server.

Cheers

//
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-11, 04:58 AM   #840
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

I finally found out after 2 days of tearing my hair out why my sobers 100% underwater FX mod wouldnt work with Magnum Opus . I was also getting on occasion a faulting SHSim.act file and excessive sun glare in fog and other things . some PFX files wernt being read by the game .
C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\Filters\underwater in particular . After 2 days i tracked down the offending file to be
C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS\Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1\data\Misc\underwater_dis p_map

It is saved as 32 bit whereas it should be saved as DXT5
http://www.filefront.com/17878640/un...r_disp_map.dds
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote