SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-02-12, 01:28 AM   #46
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 223
Uploads: 1

Thanks!

Those who can't laugh at themselves leave the job to others.

kiwi_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-12, 01:16 AM   #47
Raven_2012
Commander

Downloads: 129
Uploads: 0

Is it normal for this mod after "alarm" the sub doesn't dive? The crew come inside, not happens even if I wait for a long while. I usually have to hit the dive button and the button starts to flash. Finally the sub dives.
Raven_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-12, 01:22 AM   #48
Raven_2012
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubini View Post
Here v1.3 (with corrected crew commands names):
http://www.mediafire.com/?91olr1r7i4y2j04
Can I use this version without the SDBSM or do you have an updated version without SDBSM?
Old 03-03-12, 06:33 AM   #49
misha1967
Commander

Downloads: 78

Rubini: It WORKS! Thanks, brother!
Old 03-03-12, 08:18 AM   #50
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132

A new update is ready, corrected modded&stock scripts, added a deck awash function, the whole depth/surface thing for SH5 works much better now. (all that erratic UI depth/surface commands behaviour that plague SH5 since begginig is much better or perhaps totally fix now). Will post some hours ahead, i'm at my work now.

Will look also at a non SDBSM version.
Old 03-03-12, 09:43 AM   #51
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366

Quote:
A new update is ready, corrected modded&stock scripts, added a deck awash function, the whole depth/surface thing for SH5 works much better now. (all that erratic UI depth/surface commands behaviour that plague SH5 since begginig is much better or perhaps totally fix now). Will post some hours ahead, i'm at my work now.

Will look also at a non SDBSM version.
i had some problems implementing the new (tiny) sounds together with my new additional sub creak & noises... it seams we realy reach the end of what is possible for some systems... iam also not to much pleased with the content i found for the new functions, and now there is a new version arround the corner so i have to test that all again

Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-12, 10:21 AM   #52
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormfly View Post
i had some problems implementing the new (tiny) sounds together with my new additional sub creak & noises... it seams we realy reach the end of what is possible for some systems... iam also not to much pleased with the content i found for the new functions, and now there is a new version arround the corner so i have to test that all again
If you plan to use this mod wait for the new (final?) release some hours later (I'm at my RL work now).
Old 03-03-12, 01:44 PM   #53
Raven_2012
Commander

Found my problem, I was using Speech Recognition to command crash dive. If I use the TDC UI button I am fine. Hot keys and verbal commands wont work for it. Should of read the readme file better.

Love the mod! Good work!
Old 03-03-12, 02:11 PM   #54
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven2012 View Post
Found my problem, I was using Speech Recognition to command crash dive. If I use the TDC UI button I am fine. Hot keys and verbal commands wont work for it. Should of read the readme file better.

Love the mod! Good work!
In TDW UI you have a opportunity to define a key to the TDW crashdive routine (what is used by this mod and it´s necessary). I don´t know yet how the speech recognition mod works...but if it translate speech in key blinds then is just a matter to use the one defined on TDW UI by yourself and it must work.
Old 03-03-12, 02:55 PM   #55
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

First post updated with the v1.3a (final).

Good hunt!

Rubini.
Old 03-03-12, 03:01 PM   #56
Raven_2012
Commander

How do I assign a key in TDW UI? Or do I just enable the key in TDW UI, which it says something Shift+V?
Old 03-03-12, 03:06 PM   #57
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven2012 View Post
How do I assign a key in TDW UI? Or do I just enable the key in TDW UI, which it says something Shift+V?
You need to run his OptionsFileEditorViewer that allow you to edit a lot of options on his UI, including the crash dive key.
Old 03-03-12, 08:05 PM   #58
Raven_2012
Commander

Quote:
You need to run his OptionsFileEditorViewer that allow you to edit a lot of options on his UI, including the crash dive key.
Ok I got everything square away. I got your 1.3a version, I ended up deleted the sounds, the commands.cfg and Automation folder. I don't use SDBSM, with speech recognition mod had command for decks awash, but with commands.cfg the only thing you changed in that file is the key commands right? So I would be alright not using it, because I am using one that came with Speech fixes and additions (english version) mod.

Using speech recognition is tricky, if I use the TDC UI command to surface the boat and use speech to crash dive it wont work. It can't mix verbal and clicked commands. So if I verbally surface the boat and verbally crash dive it will work. Very tricky, took me a while to figure it out.

Old 03-03-12, 08:20 PM   #59
Raven_2012
Commander

Its fully trigged by saying, "Alarm" twice or "Crash Dive" twice. Crew goes under when I say alarm first time, and second time the boat goes under.
Old 03-03-12, 11:58 PM   #60
misha1967
Commander

Downloads: 78

Alright, this doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever, but I'll just go ahead and report it anyway.

I'd noticed when I left Kiel on my next patrol right after installing this mod that my FPSs dropped to about 15 until I left Kiel harbor proper (passing through the dread double lane leading into the Kanal where many a new Kaleun has scraped his boat horribly ), but I didn't really mind as 15, while certainly unusual for my rig and a bit "jerky", isn't much of an issue unless you're in combat, and I think that the BdU would mind terribly if I were to start shooting in Kiel.

I pass through the Kanal, slip into the North Sea and pass Helgoland with good, if somewhat low compared to normal, frame rates (40-50) and then switch to the NavMap to accelerate to the East Coast of England under Time Compression (disabling Travel Mode first, of course. Is there a way to make Travel Mode NOT the default when you load a career?) and that's when I noticed, wanting to drop to TC1 just to enjoy the sunset, that the Enter key didn't respond right away. It did if I held it, but not instantly like I've been used to.

Of course, as this isn't my first rodeo, I knew that sluggish controls are usually due to CPU overload, so I switched on the FPS meter again and found out that my FPS had taken a huge hit. On the NavMap of all places, which shouldn't happen. Well, unless you insist on traveling at TC2048 or something, but then you're likely to find yourself dead pretty soon as a DD warps in and sinks you before you can drop out of it. Never TC above 512 (or 256 if within enemy air cover). But in my case, my FPS dropped all the way to 3 or 4 even at TC128.

Which made no sense to me at all. After all, one of the reasons I use the NavMap for TC'ing is that there's nothing for the CPU to do when I'm looking at the NavMap but still, there it was. No denying it. Not to mention that the FPS was lower than normal even on TC1, at about 30 which, previously, usually was about 80.

So I started wondering what I'd changed since last, and the only mod I'd added was this one, the Crash Dive time fix. Which made even less sense but, nothing to do but to save, unload the mod, then load and check again and, sure enough, with this mod unloaded my FPS behave perfectly normally.

Is there something about this mod that could possibly keep the CPU busy on the NavMap? Because otherwise I have no idea what's going on.

Anybody else noticed anything like this?