Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-20, 05:18 AM   #1
Richard.W
Swabbie

Downloads: 70
Uploads: 0
Default Hello to everyone......And some help with running mods, please.

Hi, all...

I'm not what could be termed a "Gamer" as such but I do have a liking for simulation (sim) games, such as "Rise of Flight" WWI combat flight sim and the "Battle of Stalingrad" WWII combat flight sim series, along with the "Silent Hunter" submarine combat sim series. I was hooked on the original old "Silent Service" game, years ago.

I now have Silent Hunter IV and V as downloads through Uplay and Silent Hunter III as the Steam version.

Here's my problem.....

At my age (58) I'm as thick as a brick when it comes to finding my way around a computer. I want to add mods to the Silent Hunter games but when I read up about it, the information always seems to be several years old and talks of things like ........"extracting files to folders to open with, etc, etc" which have to be done in a certain order or it won't work.

The pc I'm using was custom built for me a year ago with gaming in mind so I know the cpu and graphics card are more than capable of running these sims maxed out. It's using Windows 10 and all my sims work fine unmodified but of course they include the known glitches (especially around Silent Hunter V)

What I'd really like if possible, is for some kind person to advise me on up to date, reputable mods and explain to a senile old fart, in light and fluffy baby steps, how I go about installing and running them.

All help very much appreciated.

Richard.
Richard.W is offline   Reply With Quote