SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-04-17, 03:53 PM   #1
Paladin132
Sailor man

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 0
Default Installing mods on a mac

Howdy folks. My gaming machine has been laid up for awhile and I heard I could get a fix with this game so I installed it - works well on my MacBook air. Especially when I use my 60" TV for a monitor and surround sound!

Anyway... Anyone able to walk me through installing mods in mac? The file system is whacky compared to the Windows I am used to.
Paladin132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-17, 06:54 PM   #2
andyboydinomon
Swabbie

Downloads: 23

Yes it can be modded on macs. I replying this below in a similar thread in the mods section...

""""
It can be modded on a mac...

I am playing on my macbook. I use to play Aces of the Deep when I was a kid so it is nice that there is a sub sim since switching to mac....

The problem is finding where the Cold Waters Files are located since mac hides everything. I have been playing it through the Stream app. if you right click on the cold waters icon in your library and go to properties...then the local files tab. You can select view local files...

Once there you will have to right click on the cold waters app and show package contents.

From there you follow modding as if it were a PC. The traditional folder directory stuff.

Make sure you do the 'override' folder and be careful not to install conflicting mods. It takes some time but it works. the 2004 campaign on the downloads page is nice.
andyboydinomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-17, 11:47 AM   #3
Paladin132
Sailor man

Downloads: 61

Thank you so much! Finding the files was exactly my headache! Much appreciated. I've wanted to do the 2004 campaign and the 688i.
Paladin132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-17, 09:43 PM   #4
Bumm1138
Nub

Downloads: 2
Default Then What

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyboydinomon View Post
Yes it can be modded on macs. I replying this below in a similar thread in the mods section...

""""
It can be modded on a mac...

I am playing on my macbook. I use to play Aces of the Deep when I was a kid so it is nice that there is a sub sim since switching to mac....

The problem is finding where the Cold Waters Files are located since mac hides everything. I have been playing it through the Stream app. if you right click on the cold waters icon in your library and go to properties...then the local files tab. You can select view local files...

Once there you will have to right click on the cold waters app and show package contents.

From there you follow modding as if it were a PC. The traditional folder directory stuff.

Make sure you do the 'override' folder and be careful not to install conflicting mods. It takes some time but it works. the 2004 campaign on the downloads page is nice.
I could use further help. There are 4 files.
changeling.txt
Cold waters Icon(which opens the Game)
modding read txt
pdf manual.

I don't know what to do after that.Thanks
Bumm1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-17, 10:51 PM   #5
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

Bumm1138!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-17, 07:41 AM   #6
andyboydinomon
Swabbie

Downloads: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumm1138 View Post
I could use further help. There are 4 files.
changeling.txt
Cold waters Icon(which opens the Game)
modding read txt
pdf manual.

I don't know what to do after that.Thanks

'right click' or two finger tap on the track pad on the cold waters icon and select show package contents. Then it will a show all the game files and directories.
andyboydinomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-17, 04:11 PM   #7
Bumm1138
Nub

Downloads: 2
Default Your the Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyboydinomon View Post
'right click' or two finger tap on the track pad on the cold waters icon and select show package contents. Then it will a show all the game files and directories.
Thanks so Much!
Bumm1138 is offline   Reply With Quote