SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-31-20, 04:19 AM   #5251
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

An appeal and only one....can we all stay away from name calling and personal attacks.

TIA

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-20, 04:21 AM   #5252
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
The end of a range of government support schemes could leave millions of people facing hardship, think tanks and political groups have warned.

Mortgage holidays and jobs furloughing are to end on Saturday, with other other support measures starting.

But there are still gaps in support that need filling, some organisations have said.

The Treasury said it had put in place a number of generous support schemes for individuals and businesses.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54753885
Quite worrying for a lot of working class people here in the UK.

Old 10-31-20, 04:25 AM   #5253
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 10-31-20, 04:27 AM   #5254
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 10-31-20, 04:32 AM   #5255
skidman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

An unfinished compendium of Trump’s lies about the Coronavirus:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...avirus/608647/https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...avirus/608647/

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.” (Douglas Adams)
skidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-20, 06:05 AM   #5256
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The prime minister is considering a month-long lockdown across England in the hope that measures could be eased before Christmas. A new "stay at home" order could be announced on Monday, with schools, colleges and universities exempt. One of the models suggests deaths could reach more than 4,000 a day.

Far too late in my estimation.

Old 10-31-20, 07:59 AM   #5257
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 10-31-20, 08:56 AM   #5258
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post

He seems to be taken aback by the fact U.S. death rates have not been keeping pace with infection rates. Keep in mind we have a population of 331 million people in this country and have tested 143 million people and continue to test more. What I get out of this is it seems the virus, though deadly, is not as deadly as he thinks it is. Or because of the massive influx of testing, death rates haven't caught up to it. Also much of those two statistics depend very much on the health of the public and how provided care is changing as we know more about how the virus attacks the human body.

Anyway, its kind of novel to get an update about the U.S. by someone who doesn't live here.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 10-31-20 at 10:08 AM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-20, 09:59 AM   #5259
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Instead of getting information about the U.S. from someone in Europe who seems to be always bewildered by the numbers. I'll stick with information from a doctor working on the front lines in the country i live in. He's also someone who has never been accused of political/personal bias into his videos.

Last edited by Rockstar; 10-31-20 at 10:09 AM.
Old 10-31-20, 11:51 AM   #5260
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Every anti-social brutal egoist out there, liking to ridicule or to deny the pandemic and ignore elemental rules of social respect and "non-harming" - listen up.

The following is the translation of German nurse posting on Facebook. Not the first nurse doing this, and hopefully not the last. She is so very right.

https://www.facebook.com/ellen.husti...49935438621887

Quote:
I am so infinitely tired, sad, powerless and meanwhile also angry and disappointed ...
Tired because the workload is increasing, staff is absent and I have the feeling that I can no longer do justice to every patient. Powerless because I am slowly admitting that the whole situation is now gnawing at my own substance. We don't have a break on many days, this week I didn't eat for the first time every day until around 4 p.m. I also have previous illnesses, but nobody asks us about them, or is therefore allowed to work from the home office. Despite my asthma, I wear my mask at least 12 hours a day while others demonstrate, because they see their freedom rights being deprived of having to wear the mask for half an hour while shopping! We have to function, we are needed and are systemically relevant .... in the spring the government spat big noises and there was clapping for us on the balconies - even then I laughed at how ridiculous it is and that not even in six months nobody would give anything for it anymore. And so it happened!

I'm annoyed by the constant discussions about Corona, or the unspeakable joke and joke pictures in many timelines! There is denied what the stuff is and made fun of people who have no idea about medicine, because even seasoned virologists have had to learn and research a lot of new things in the last year. And NO, it's not just flu, because the course of the disease is much more complex and, in the case of a difficult or dramatic course of the disease, damages several organs and often irreparably. Affected patients suffer from long-term effects for months, and it's not just the old patients!

This unacceptable behavior of many people makes me angry. When shopping, they stand on your neck, some people still use public transport without a mask. It feels like a hundred times a day I ask patients to pull their MNS over their mouth and nose, disinfect their hands when entering the clinic, keep my distance, etc. I don't damn well have to justify myself for these obvious things!

I wish I could take a deep breath for two weeks just to recharge my batteries, but it's not the time for vacation right now. We have already canceled our vacation three times this year, although we urgently needed it! But anyone who drives from one federal state to the next from risk areas during this time need not be surprised if the red on the RKI map is getting more and more!

I have a big wish, may our economy keep running, all companies, hotels, restaurants get through the crisis well, very important to me - art and culture - with all their self-employed people in front of and behind the stage who have been banned from working for months and none Earn cents, or have to support their families with short-time work benefits, should they be lucky enough to be employed, hold on and don't give up!

If we ALL try something, stick together, continue to give up a little, help each other and take care of each other, then we will survive this and hopefully get out of it well!

I wish you all health and strength for the next weeks and months ♥ ️ and remember:
La vita e bella cosi come ‘- even now in this ****ty time! ��

Old 10-31-20, 11:51 AM   #5261
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

^^ @Rockstar One of the problems is we only learn weeks later if a method was successful, or not. Fact is infection numbers are getting higher.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-20, 12:00 PM   #5262
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

And infected people can - and do - infect others even if not forming symptoms themselves. But those they infect each of them has to pull a number in the big lottery.
Old 10-31-20, 12:01 PM   #5263
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Boris Johnson is due to hold a news conference from Downing Street shortly.

It is expected that he will outline a new month-long lockdown across England - to try to keep the levels of coronavirus under control.

He will be joined by the UK's chief medical adviser Chris Whitty and chief scientific adviser Sir Patrick Vallance.

It is thought that schools and universities will be kept open throughout this new measure, unlike in the lockdown earlier this year.

One model, seen by the government, forecasts 4,000 deaths a day if no action is taken.

Over the past seven days, the UK has averaged almost 23,000 new cases a day, and 237 deaths with coronavirus.

Old 10-31-20, 12:05 PM   #5264
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

A further 326 Covid-related deaths have been announced in the UK.

It brings the official UK death toll to 46,555, according to government figures.

Another 21,915 cases have also been recorded, bringing the total number of cases since the pandemic began to 1,011,660.

Old 10-31-20, 01:45 PM   #5265
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
^^ @Rockstar One of the problems is we only learn weeks later if a method was successful, or not. Fact is infection numbers are getting higher.

Even our own numbers point to that. But we are also testing on a massive scale which I think helps realize the true nature of the spread. As for the number of deaths over here at last look they seem to be dropping. Now that could either be because of the general health of those infected, changes in how we treat those infected, the virus is weakening, preventative measures in place OR that particular number just hasn't, for lack of better words, caught up to the increase in infections.

But like ya said that can all change next week. So wear your mask.

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan