SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

View Poll Results: How fast you want the Cloud's to move in the Sky
I like them the way they are 96 20.43%
I want them a Little Slower 94 20.00%
I want them a Lot Slower 157 33.40%
Please give us Optional Install's 142 30.21%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 470. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-10-07, 06:22 AM   #796
kriller2
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by leovampire
Not done yet but shaping up well! Thanks Jaketoox for working on this for the Mod!

It will hug closer to the sun as you can see and the lens flair effect you will get with out having to have that enabled in your game.

Plus I found more Global environmental controls for the game and working on enhancing Kriller2's new work even more with the water reflections.

I also found the problem with some of the sub conning tower reflections being gray until you get close I will be posting a download for the sub reflections lator on vs_2.
If you can enhance my new texutures even more, I will add your name as a poster in my room But becareful we don't want it to look like the enviroments in stock Oblivion.

Will check this out when I come home!

Real Environment mod

and Pacific Enviroments 4 mod

Last edited by kriller2; 10-10-07 at 07:22 AM.
kriller2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-07, 06:42 AM   #797
Alex
Dominant Wolf

Downloads: 30

Quote:
thanks for posting it! And here are two of my own.

By the way I posted a new download for the Sub reflections it is vs_2 now. Found the problem on why top of the conning tower showed up as a gray reflection till you got closer. Went over all the files and fixed the missed changes.
These ones are my favourite screenshots. Truly wonderful........................... I can't believe my eyes.
Old 10-10-07, 08:33 AM   #798
billko
中国水兵

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma-e
Quote:
Originally Posted by billko
You know what would be really cool is if we could somehow get the *stars* to reflect off the water at night! Also, what's with the dearth of stars, anyway? I see more stars than that when looking up in the night sky in Newark, NJ. Is there any way someone can paint a proper picture of a dark pacific sky in the middle of nowhere? Anyone who's been on the Pacific (or any ocean, for that matter) at night, where the starilight is the brightest light source would know what I mean...

Bill
The representation of stars is absolutely ridiculous in the game. They are way too big, way too bright and twinkle way too much.

Billko, you can not see more stars than those seen in the game. They have tried to implement stars to the fifth magnitude, and more can not be seen with the unaided eye.

Also, stars do not reflect from an ocean. Such things only happen on mill ponds.

I was a merchant sailor as well as I am a hobby astronomer, and you will only be able to see stars to the sixth mag even under the best of circumstances.
Really? I didn't know that SH4 actually went into that amount of detail with the stars. That must mean that my video card isn't rendering the sky correctly? My sky just shows the brightest stars, just as if you were viewing the sky from in the middle of a city... hmmm...

That being the case, I guess they are already doing a good job of representing the stars you can see - except for what you've mentioned above about the true brightness vs SH4 brightness.

I stand corrected, but I hope I've explained sufficiently why I thought this needed fixing.

Bill
Old 10-10-07, 10:00 AM   #799
letterboy1
Captain

Downloads: 89

Leovampire, since you are making quite a few changes on-the-fly, can you post dates next to each link (on your first post) so it is easier to tell if we have the latest version of sub reflections, textures, etc . . .? It's easy to lose track at the rate that you guys are updating things.

Again, great work to all you guys. ROW (as a combined effort) is no longer an optional mod for me. I consider it the same as an official patch. Thanks.
EVGA GTX Titan Black
1.5 T-byte HDD
Antec 1 KW True Power Quattro PS
letterboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-07, 10:46 AM   #800
Defiance
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 672

Hiya's,
Here's a screenie for you kind sir ...................

Pretty basic jsgme of TM with ROW with the new v2 sub reflecs

Add it to mainpage if required may help others when they go to add the new sub reflec version

Many Thanks Again All Modders Involved

Happy Diving

Have Fun

Def
Defiance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-07, 12:27 PM   #801
Torps
Captain

Downloads: 148
Default Nice

Looks great leo.

Contributor
PE for ROW
Reflections on Water
ROW Sound Effects

R.I.P Dave Bunnel aka LeoVampire
Torps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-07, 12:31 PM   #802
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234

Great work Leo, just the best!

Just to confirm is the Sub_Reflections_vs2 ok to enable while out at sea....or inport only?

Thanks

Wilcke
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-07, 04:18 PM   #803
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 0
Default yes I will start to set up date's on the download's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilcke

Just to confirm is the Sub_Reflections_vs2 ok to enable while out at sea....or inport only?

Thanks

Wilcke
Thanks for the idea's. I figured just posting it by vs# would be cool but I guess a date to go with it helps as well.

This can be added anytime into the game no need to be in port for it.
leovampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-07, 04:45 PM   #804
letterboy1
Captain

Downloads: 89

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks

Wilcke
Thanks for the idea's. I figured just posting it by vs# would be cool but I guess a date to go with it helps as well.

You know what, I totally didn't notice the version part you added to the title of each link. Just ignore my request.
EVGA GTX Titan Black
1.5 T-byte HDD
Antec 1 KW True Power Quattro PS
letterboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-07, 05:54 PM   #805
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 0
Default I also added lines that now say when a part of the mod can be added

Quote:
Originally Posted by letterboy1
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks

Wilcke

You know what, I totally didn't notice the version part you added to the title of each link. Just ignore my request.
All of the work on ROW EXCEPT what involves the zone's and Effect's files Can be added to your game at any time without problems. Only the Special effect's / zone's file changes should be added while in port.

Now I want to address the Star issue that has poped up a couple of times. The reason why I asked Jaketoox to enhance the star's a bit in lighting and clean them up is because there are actualy a lot of star's in the game but some where so far away and so small that most were not orginaly visable unless you caught them in your Bino's looking at the sky. And I only slightly changed the size of them to help with the enhancment to make them all appear. when I first found and joined the comunity here I found post after post that asked can someone add more star's to the game there just isn't enough of them that you should be able to see out on the ocean. They are there just could not see them until we made the enhancment's for them.

There is no way to please everyone with the effect's we are working with and creating for the game. But we are trying to enhance things and make people slow down and look more. Well I guess all of the thing's you guys notice and comment about has proven that we are doing a good job on this aspect of the mod. So thanks for all the postings about things you like and don't like becaus it shows that we are doing the job we had intended to. Making people stop slow down and see what the game has to offer other than just seek and destroy.

My newest project's for the mod is adding in node's that will force some objects like the underwater plants and rocks as well as the torpedo's show up both above and below water at shallow depths of course. Also working on enhancing the sinking effect's for the ships in the game to create more of an ocean surface effect in waves and splashes. Plus I am going over every single file to make sure all adjustments are correct hence the new sub reflection download.

And the others are also working on enhancments as well to add onto the mod.

Last edited by leovampire; 10-10-07 at 06:33 PM.
leovampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-07, 07:17 PM   #806
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Get a load of this...............absolutely beautiful!!!! I'm wearing out my F11 key!!!!!

Old 10-10-07, 07:30 PM   #807
longam
Admiral

Downloads: 26

Wow

longam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-07, 03:31 AM   #808
WilhelmTell
Engineer

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by longam
Wow

The way the moonlight illuminates the water surface in that screenshot looks just like the real thing. This mod is amazing. Thanks to all you guys for continually improving this great mod.
Old 10-11-07, 10:31 AM   #809
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234

To all,

Whats the consensus on post production filter....ON or OFF?

Wilcke
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-07, 10:38 AM   #810
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

I now run the PPF off as a result of using ROW. I just play with gamma slider for best lighting.