Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-01-20, 08:20 PM   #616
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Amen, only recommendation Im aware of was to reduce social gatherings and contact. Not to barricade yourself in an under bunker and live like a hermit. Go have fun, see the sights do something you haven't done in awhile.

Come spring I plan on trying my luck panning for gold in the Carolina's. Slavery wasn't the only reason why we had a civil war. There's gold in them hills from Georgia up past Baltimore.

Looking for Au
https://mrdata.usgs.gov/nmra/map-us.html#home
You have to do a minimum of forty (40) pans a day to get even a small amount gold ... gold detectors are better.

Good luck wait till the weather is better them hands get cold
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-20, 09:07 PM   #617
Traveller
Captain

Downloads: 89

Second coronavirus death confirmed in King County, Washington.
Quote:
A second coronavirus death has been confirmed in King County, Washington, according to a press release from Seattle and King County Public Health.

The patient was a man in his 70s with underlying health conditions. He was hospitalized at Evergreen Health in Kirkland and died Saturday, the release said.
4 new coronavirus cases confirmed in Washington state.
Quote:
Four new presumptive positive cases of the novel coronavirus were detected in a single facility in Washington state's King County, authorities said.

The four patients are residents of Life Care Center nursing home in the city of Kirkland, the county public health authority said in a news release. Of those four patients, one has died. All were being held at the same hospital, EvergreenHealth, in Kirkland.
34 police officers and firefighters in Washington state are under quarantine after possible exposure to coronavirus.
Quote:
Seven Redmond, Washington, medics are being quarantined after possible exposure to the novel coronavirus, according to a tweet from Redmond Police’s verified account.

Twenty-five firefighters and two police officers from the city of Kirkland are also under quarantine. The first responders who were quarantined had responded to calls for "various medical complaints" at the Life Care Center where two people were diagnosed Saturday, according to the city of Kirkland's website.
5 new coronavirus cases confirmed in California.
Quote:
A total of five new presumptive positive casesof coronavirus were identified in California Sunday, according to health departments in three counties.

Two patients are health care workers from Alameda County and Solano County, according to a joint press release from two localities. Both are employees at NorthBay VacaValley Hospital in Vacaville, California, according to the release. Vacaville is about 34 miles southwest of Sacramento.

The two patients came into contact with a community-acquired case currently hospitalized at UC Davis Medical Center in Sacramento, the release said. The patients are currently in isolation at home.

These cases are pending confirmatory testing from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the release said.

The three other cases were identified in Santa Clara County, according to the county's health department. The total number of cases in the county is now seven, the release said.
First case of coronavirus case confirmed in New York.
Quote:
New York has confirmed its first case of novel coronavirus, according to a statement from New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo.

We have learned of the 1st positive case of COVID-19 in NY. The patient contracted the virus while in Iran and is isolated

There is no reason for undue anxiety—the general risk remains low in NY. We are diligently managing this situation and will provide info as it becomes available.
Florida, Oregon, and Rhode Island identify new coronavirus cases.
Quote:
The case in Oregon is the second presumptive positive in that state. It involves a Washington County resident who is an adult household contact of the first presumptive positive case.

The patient in Rhode Island is a female teenager who is at home with mild symptoms. She is the second case identified in the state. The first is a man in his 40s.
Both of them went on a trip to Europe organized by Saint Raphael Academy, a school in the city of Pawtucket.

All 38 people who attended the trip will self-monitor for symptoms at home for 14 days with public health supervision. They have been instructed to not go to school or work and to remain at home for the two-week period. The school will be closed for the remainder of this week.

Florida's Department of Health announced that state's two new presumptive positive cases on Twitter. The governor, Ron DeSantis has declared a public health emergency to combat the virus' spread.
https://edition.cnn.com/asia/live-ne...hnk/index.html

Things are accelerating more quickly now.

Last edited by Traveller; 03-01-20 at 10:53 PM.
Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-20, 10:17 PM   #618
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
You have to do a minimum of forty (40) pans a day to get even a small amount gold ... gold detectors are better.

Good luck wait till the weather is better them hands get cold

I have panned for gold before in Panama at the mouth of the Chagres River. You're right its a lot of work for very little, but I had a lot of fun doing it. I used to find gem stones, cannon balls, old anchors and such digging around old Chagres Town and SCUBA diving Fort San Lorenzo too. Great place for a teenager to grow up, had a blast.

I now have a new Equinox 800 I want to tune and try out.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-20, 10:55 PM   #619
Traveller
Captain

Second coronavirus death confirmed in King County, Washington.
Quote:
A second coronavirus death has been confirmed in King County, Washington, according to a press release from Seattle and King County Public Health.

The patient was a man in his 70s with underlying health conditions. He was hospitalized at Evergreen Health in Kirkland and died Saturday, the release said.
4 new coronavirus cases confirmed in Washington state.
Quote:
Four new presumptive positive cases of the novel coronavirus were detected in a single facility in Washington state's King County, authorities said.

The four patients are residents of Life Care Center nursing home in the city of Kirkland, the county public health authority said in a news release. Of those four patients, one has died. All were being held at the same hospital, EvergreenHealth, in Kirkland.
34 police officers and firefighters in Washington state are under quarantine after possible exposure to coronavirus.
Quote:
Seven Redmond, Washington, medics are being quarantined after possible exposure to the novel coronavirus, according to a tweet from Redmond Police’s verified account.

Twenty-five firefighters and two police officers from the city of Kirkland are also under quarantine. The first responders who were quarantined had responded to calls for "various medical complaints" at the Life Care Center where two people were diagnosed Saturday, according to the city of Kirkland's website.
5 new coronavirus cases confirmed in California.
Quote:
A total of five new presumptive positive casesof coronavirus were identified in California Sunday, according to health departments in three counties.

Two patients are health care workers from Alameda County and Solano County, according to a joint press release from two localities. Both are employees at NorthBay VacaValley Hospital in Vacaville, California, according to the release. Vacaville is about 34 miles southwest of Sacramento.

The two patients came into contact with a community-acquired case currently hospitalized at UC Davis Medical Center in Sacramento, the release said. The patients are currently in isolation at home.

These cases are pending confirmatory testing from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the release said.

The three other cases were identified in Santa Clara County, according to the county's health department. The total number of cases in the county is now seven, the release said.
First case of coronavirus case confirmed in New York.
Quote:
New York has confirmed its first case of novel coronavirus, according to a statement from New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo.

We have learned of the 1st positive case of COVID-19 in NY. The patient contracted the virus while in Iran and is isolated

There is no reason for undue anxiety—the general risk remains low in NY. We are diligently managing this situation and will provide info as it becomes available.
Florida, Oregon, and Rhode Island identify new coronavirus cases.
Quote:
The case in Oregon is the second presumptive positive in that state. It involves a Washington County resident who is an adult household contact of the first presumptive positive case.

The patient in Rhode Island is a female teenager who is at home with mild symptoms. She is the second case identified in the state. The first is a man in his 40s.

Both of them went on a trip to Europe organized by Saint Raphael Academy, a school in the city of Pawtucket.

All 38 people who attended the trip will self-monitor for symptoms at home for 14 days with public health supervision. They have been instructed to not go to school or work and to remain at home for the two-week period. The school will be closed for the remainder of this week.

Florida's Department of Health announced that state's two new presumptive positive cases on Twitter. The governor, Ron DeSantis has declared a public health emergency to combat the virus' spread.
https://edition.cnn.com/asia/live-ne...hnk/index.html

Things are accelerating more quickly now.

Last edited by Traveller; 03-01-20 at 11:12 PM.
Old 03-01-20, 11:42 PM   #620
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Things are looking up. China's cases are slowing down, hopefully the US and Europe will be serious about slowing the spread as well.

Dr. Bruce Aylward, International team lead for the World Health Organization-China joint mission on COVID-19 held a news conference in Geneva and told reporters that China's mobilization to handle the virus outbreak showed how aggressive policy steps could curb the disease's spread.

Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-20, 12:10 AM   #621
Traveller
Captain

I'm afraid China's massive draconian military-style forced lock-downs and quarantines would never work in the US. Can you imagine them trying to lock down a city with a population of 5 million in the US? Good luck with that.

I've been seeing quite a few TV interviews in the US talking about this exact topic, and they all said the same thing: You cannot forcibly lock down entire cities or towns in the US, because it's unconstitutional and Americans wouldn't stand for it.

But I suppose they could override the Constitution by calling in the National Guard and declaring martial law if things got really bad, but I'm not too sure how well that would work out. Would probably end up being total chaos, at least for a while until things calmed down. American culture is quite different from Southeast Asian cultures in many ways (gun ownership, individualist, rebellious, etc).

But what happens if large numbers of the US military and police become infected and must be put under quarantine? It'll then be every man and woman for themselves after that in many areas.

Whatever happens, it will all be interesting to watch.

And by the way, anyone here who is regularly taking prescription drugs might want to get a 3-month supply in advance from their pharmacy. I've been hearing that 95% of all US prescription drugs are dependent on ingredients from China. I've also heard that they are already having shortages of a few prescription drugs in the US (which, I'm not sure), and shortages will probably only get worse over time.

Last edited by Traveller; 03-02-20 at 01:18 AM.
Old 03-02-20, 06:31 AM   #622
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

A summary of why a vaccine will take its time.

https://translate.google.de/translat..._11717745.html

While it is true that American and German - and probably other as well - companies have a vaccine in the tube, truth is that this does not mean it can immediately enter production. Long testing procedures will follow. Even if emergency time-.cutting legislation is allowed to be used to shorten the development time until licenses are given, it will last into the next year before a vaccine is widely avalable on market.
Old 03-02-20, 08:46 AM   #623
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

The spread of coronavirus in the UK is "likely", the PM has said, but a plan has been agreed to tackle it.

Boris Johnson said people "should go about business as usual" at the moment.

He said the UK was "very well prepared" and measures would be guided by scientific advice, with further details announced in the coming days and weeks.

Meanwhile, the EU has raised the coronavirus risk level in member states to "moderate to high".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51708550

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-20, 08:59 AM   #624
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
I'm afraid China's massive draconian military-style forced lock-downs and quarantines would never work in the US. Can you imagine them trying to lock down a city with a population of 5 million in the US? Good luck with that.

Doesn't seem to be working out so well in Hubei anyway. WHO reports the number of confirmed cases in Hubei province, China, has increased for two successive days after a period of decline. WHO is monitoring the situation and working to understand its possible significance.

Old 03-02-20, 09:25 AM   #625
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Coronavirus: What are the chances of dying?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51674743

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-20, 09:26 AM   #626
Traveller
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Doesn't seem to be working out so well in Hubei anyway. WHO reports the number of confirmed cases in Hubei province, China, has increased for two successive days after a period of decline. WHO is monitoring the situation and working to understand its possible significance.
Ominous news. There's almost no way to stop the spread of this virus.
Old 03-02-20, 09:28 AM   #627
Traveller
Captain

Some concerning news. It's possible that my wife came into contact with someone who may be infected. That's all I can say for now.

I'll keep you guys posted on any new developments as they emerge.

Last edited by Traveller; 03-02-20 at 05:10 PM.
Old 03-02-20, 09:47 AM   #628
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Take a leave from job, tell the management, self quarantine, self isolation, strict hygienics at home, no moving out of the house. Its the only way.

Good luck, Traveller. Hope you two stay clear of it.
Old 03-02-20, 10:05 AM   #629
Traveller
Captain

Thanks, Skybird. I hope I don't get the honor of becoming the first infected member on Subsim.

And I know that they claim the death rate from coronavirus is only 2%, but last year I came down with influenza, and then pneumonia. I've never been so sick in my entire life (I'm 48). It was 3 weeks of hell. Hopefully if I become infected with this, it won't be as bad as that. I pray not.
Old 03-02-20, 10:18 AM   #630
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Been thinking, I've heard said: There have been more deaths from the common flu this season! Well how many medical and ambulance workers have you ever seen dressed like this transporting patients of the common flu? Maybe those case fatality rates of common flu aren't as accurate as some make them out. I've read in some places the CDC may tend to attribute most respiratory illness and fatalities to the common flu thereby making it look much more deadly than it is.

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan