SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > Wolfpack
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-05-19, 08:23 PM   #1
Fidd
XO

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Default Bloody nuisance - inability to transfer lobby when original lobby starter logs

I'm pretty new to this game, but have now had two consecutive multi u-boat games where the player who started the lobby has had to log, causing the rest of us suddenly to the end-game screen.

"Shirely" it would be better if the "ownership" of the lobby was automatically reallocated to another in-game player until at least the mission parameters are met, so we don't have these abortive games where all the players are effectively dumped out after hours of teamwork getting towards a firing solution...

Or am I missing something here?
Fidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-19, 10:33 PM   #2
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 532
Uploads: 224

Migrating hosts is on our to-do list.
Old 11-06-19, 05:28 AM   #3
Fidd
XO

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

That's really good to hear. It also opens the way for much more persistant games, especially if an AI host was able to keep a convoy moving and progressing, so that players were able to rejoin an attack on the same convoy they'd been playing versus the previous real-life night.

That leads me to the idea of Lobby's being named for the convoy ie "PT17" rather than, or in addition to, the commencing player's handle. "PT17 = Bloggz"

Incidentally, one chap apologised to me for this happening after I'd posted here, please, I don't consider it your fault - RL intervenes sometimes - but it is currently a flaw in the system. Not your fault as a player!
Fidd is offline   Reply With Quote