SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-08-17, 11:27 AM   #1
gord96
Commodore

Downloads: 57
Uploads: 0
Default Campaign question

Hey all. Very fun game. Have a question on the campaign.

How long does it take to 'lose' it? I ask as I did a few missions with success but then when I was right next to Murmansk, I rec'd orders to go fire 10 missiles at the port. Problem was I had no missiles as my previous mission was sub hunting. So I had to head back to base and by the time I got there and headed back I got 2-3 messages about the Soviets winning the war. I am guessing because I wasn't completing any missions during my transit to and from Murmansk. By the time I got back Germany had surrendered.

Seems a bit odd that the entire war effort hinges on my one sub so curious if they are related to my effort or if those are just standard messages?

Thanks for any info!
gord96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-17, 02:35 AM   #2
-Pv-
The Old Man

Downloads: 5

Perhaps the game engine should be informed you are returning to port and adjust the campaign appropriately- possibly cancelling the mission and offering it again when you are ready to leave port. I suppose if the campaign is close to a time cap your RTP may have already doomed the campaign?
-Pv-
-Pv- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-17, 04:15 AM   #3
daft
Captain

Downloads: 15

It's quite possible to fight back even after West Germany has fallen. They are indeed related to your effort and there seems to be some randomness involved as well. Sometimes Sweden is invaded before Denmark and Norway etc. Just keep on fighting. War waits for no man.
Old 06-12-17, 09:56 AM   #4
gord96
Commodore

Downloads: 57

Thanks for the replies!
gord96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-17, 10:18 AM   #5
Char
Medic

Downloads: 199

West Germany Falling is an event that will trigger 8/10 times after a day or so in the campaign. It's just something that happens, and I'm sure (Correct me If I'm wrong) NATO and the US were expecting such a thing to happen due to the Soviet Weight of numbers.

Just Keep Plugging away, Generally you'll get a news flash that NATO is pushing back, and sometimes even almost retaken West Germany. It's just the tides of a land war.
Char is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-17, 12:08 PM   #6
jenrick
Bosun

Downloads: 28

I had the same question last night, so I sat in the harbor loading and unloading TLAM's to advance the clock. It took about 35 days before we lost the war. I wont spoil that ending, if you haven't seen it yet. I'm curious if there are different levels of failure, I remember in RSR it ranged from total thermonuclear war, to a new Pact regime in Europe, to a unified Germany under Pact control. I think those were the three failure options.

-Jenrick
jenrick is offline   Reply With Quote