Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Comments to SUBSIM Review
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-02-09, 08:21 AM   #1
JMV
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 179
Uploads: 0
Default Problems accessing D/L Section

Several problems that can be one.I use Internet Explorer 8.1 ) Eventhough I checked in the list of restricted sites I have listed in my Internet options and settings, I have subsim.com appearing as a restricted site on the below screen bar. On the contrary I have subsim listed in my "Trusted sites" list but it keeps showing as a restricted site. ( ??? )2 ) The consequences are that everytime I go to the D/L section and try to D/L something I get the following message : "Your current security settingsdo not allow this file to be D/Led".3) Also everytime I get a new page I have to log again and again, and am not automatically redirected.4 ) Also when writing this message I cannot use Bold Italic Underline, colors etc... Please may I have your help ?
JMV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-09, 08:25 AM   #2
JMV
Sonar Guy

Also as you see above, everything come out as a single continuous line, when I made several paragraphs while writing the original text. JMV
Old 08-02-09, 09:37 AM   #3
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 541
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMV View Post
Several problems that can be one.I use Internet Explorer 8.1 ) Eventhough I checked in the list of restricted sites I have listed in my Internet options and settings, I have subsim.com appearing as a restricted site on the below screen bar. On the contrary I have subsim listed in my "Trusted sites" list but it keeps showing as a restricted site. ( ??? )2 ) The consequences are that everytime I go to the D/L section and try to D/L something I get the following message : "Your current security settingsdo not allow this file to be D/Led".3) Also everytime I get a new page I have to log again and again, and am not automatically redirected.4 ) Also when writing this message I cannot use Bold Italic Underline, colors etc... Please may I have your help ?
I'll have to read up on IE8, I don't have a solution now.

Is there anyone else using IE8 (I'm still using IE7) and having these issues?
Old 08-02-09, 06:45 PM   #4
Arclight
Navy Seal

Location: Land of windmills, tulips, wooden shoes and cheese. Lots of cheese.
Downloads: 53
Uploads: 10

Been using it since the Win7 beta, never had any issues at my end.

JMV, you could try going to "tools> internet options>advanced>reset.."

Try going through all the tabs, resetting everything you can if that doesn't work. Seems more likely that it's a config problem, rather than an issue with IE8 itself imho.

Contritium praecedit superbia.
Arclight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-09, 08:14 AM   #5
JMV
Sonar Guy

Thank you Neal and Acclight for your answer.this happened before when I was on IE7 but since the D/L section has been created I cannot D/L anything. At least before I cou7ld D/L allright. Will try to do the Reset stuff. Will let you know. Thanks again. JMVAny other suggestions welcome.
Old 08-03-09, 08:21 AM   #6
JMV
Sonar Guy

Had written a post about this problem about 6 months ago ( can't remember which one ) , but at the time I could still D/L. But since the D/L section has been created I can't anymore.Hence, I think my change to IE8 is not the cause, but some Internet setting I don't Know about. Also strangely this did'nt happen when I make Mazilla Firefox as my main browser. Problem is I don't want to use Firefox for "favorites" use problems.
Old 08-06-09, 09:09 AM   #7
JMV
Sonar Guy

Default Please help

One other Hint for you...
Nothing of the listed problems happen when I connect to subsim through mozilla Firefox ??? Any more hints ? Thanks all. JMV
Old 08-06-09, 09:16 AM   #8
JMV
Sonar Guy

Well with mozilla I can even D/L allright, so although I'm not pleased I can't use Internet Explorer, may be I could leave it that way, as the main problem
( not beeing able to D/L ) is solved . I don't understand what's the problem with IE ???
Old 08-06-09, 05:11 PM   #9
Arclight
Navy Seal

Location: Land of windmills, tulips, wooden shoes and cheese. Lots of cheese.
Downloads: 53
Uploads: 10

Not a clue, though I still think it's a configuration issue since noone else has the problem.

Contritium praecedit superbia.
Arclight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-09, 03:37 PM   #10
GrumpySub
Swabbie

Downloads: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
Not a clue, though I still think it's a configuration issue since noone else has the problem.
Actually I have a similar problem too. More often than not after logging on and then going to a different page (not just downloads), I am immediately no longer signed in. Logging in again provides a brief message saying "Thanks for logging in", but once it disappears after a few seconds I am once again suddenly no longer signed in. I also use IE8, and tried deleting the cookies without it having any noticable effect.

I was only able to post this after several unsuccessful attempts to log in, when I suddenly noticed that I was now logged in after all. I thus jumped at the opportunity to get this message out.
GrumpySub is offline   Reply With Quote