SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-14-10, 03:28 AM   #406
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Open the "...\SH3 Commander\Personnel Files" folder. Rename rank images accordingly (ie rank11.gif becomes rank10.gif and so on).

But IIRC this will also carry on to your officer crew, meaning your Leutnants will carry Oberleutnant rank images and so on.

Unfortunately, due to the hassle and endless complaints from at least one user that couldn't understand what his problem was, I removed all rank references from SH3Cmdr a few releases ago and in doing so removed support for "rank bumping". More on this under "Troubleshooting" in the User Guide.

Last edited by JScones; 05-14-10 at 03:44 AM.
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-10, 03:38 AM   #407
JScones
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna View Post
15 months?....doesn't time fly

If you've got some ideas for additional features then I'd love to see them in a new release Jaesen.

Careful, don't want this thread to get reported
I think all the post "reporters" are flat out over in the SH5 forum, lol!
Old 05-14-10, 04:33 AM   #408
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Quote:
Originally Posted by JScones View Post
Open the "...\SH3 Commander\Personnel Files" folder. Rename rank images accordingly (ie rank11.gif becomes rank10.gif and so on).

But IIRC this will also carry on to your officer crew, meaning your Leutnants will carry Oberleutnant rank images and so on.

Yes, I had thought of that! My Player Rank shows then the right images, but then are the rank images for my crew officers wrong! This is not a good solution!

Best regards,
Magic
Old 05-16-10, 10:44 PM   #409
schlechter pfennig
Commander

Downloads: 52
Uploads: 7

OK, this isn't a little nuance or annoyance . . .

Last edited by schlechter pfennig; 05-17-10 at 11:29 AM. Reason: my bad; deleted bulk of post
schlechter pfennig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-10, 02:34 AM   #410
JScones
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by schlechter pfennig View Post
OK, this isn't a little nuance or annoyance...
...and thus it's out of scope.
Old 05-27-10, 03:32 AM   #411
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 12

Hi JScones,

from my work with SH3 Commander and discussions (see, e.g., http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...=169588&page=2 and http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...=149513&page=2 )I think that it would be great if Commander had the following additional three features:

1) Copy specified files with a certain probability (similar to the 'Randomized event.cfg' way). This allows more flexibility than the random folder feature.

2) Option for randomization only in port and keeping the effect over complete patrol (I guess difficult because of missing 'memory' feature and several Kaleuns in parallel)

3) Correlated events in Randomized events.cfg, i.e., several files are changed together with some probability (would allow to issue warnings via menu...txt about malfunctions made in *.sim files).

I assume point 2 requires a lot of work, so I guess it's not worth the effort. However, point 1 and 3 might require not that much work

Anyway, SH3 Commander in its present state is already a great tool! Thanks for creating it and all your efforts!

Regards, LGN1
LGN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-10, 03:13 PM   #412
Kapitän
The Old Man

Downloads: 29
Default Changing Commander Personal Data

Hi, I posted this already in another thread but now realized that this would be the correct one for my question:

Is there any way to change the commander personal data besides the name, such as place and date of birth, naval entry, crew no., in SH3Commander?

Thanks, Kapitän
Old 06-07-10, 05:05 PM   #413
tnnn
Nub

Downloads: 8

Yup, SH3Cmdr keeps all this info in a config file. I can't check it at the moment but if I recall correctly, it's stored in SH3Cdr directory.
tnnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-10, 07:25 AM   #414
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitän View Post
Hi, I posted this already in another thread but now realized that this would be the correct one for my question:

Is there any way to change the commander personal data besides the name, such as place and date of birth, naval entry, crew no., in SH3Commander?

Thanks, Kapitän

You will find the above detail in the SH3Cmdr_en file located at C:\Program Files\SH3 Commander GWX3.0

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-10, 05:38 AM   #415
JScones
Navy Seal

It's actually SH3Cmdr.ini.

Be aware though that SH3Cmdr doesn't just randomly pick dates from the air - every date relating to your history is calculated based on the Wehrmacht rules of the day. That is, SH3Cmdr works backwards from the career start date to determine your promotion dates and enlistment date, ensuring that the time you spent at each rank is realistic and within the "rules of the day" (which varied obviously as the war went on).

Thus if you change any date you might break historical continuity.
Old 06-09-10, 04:23 PM   #416
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-10, 02:53 AM   #417
Kapitän
The Old Man

Thanks Everyone, for your answers. When I simulate a commanders carreer, I like to use actual commanders, with there real names and bio. So, in that aspect, I'm merely trying to adjust the personal information of the commander in SH3, to the actual commander in real life.

So, let me clarify my question. Is it possible to change a commanders name and bio, AFTER it has already been generated by SH3Cmdr. If yes, where and how can I do this?

Thanks!

Last edited by Kapitän; 06-10-10 at 03:26 AM.
Kapitän is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-10, 08:58 AM   #418
Kapitän
The Old Man

Hi Everyone, I just wanted to report back, that I proceeded like to suggested above and that everything worked just right. Thanks to all for your help
Old 06-19-10, 01:36 AM   #419
dfscott
Bosun

Downloads: 49
Default Patrol Start Date

I've been using SH3 commander with SH3+GWX gold (and the SH3/GWX files). It's worked fine, but now I'm trying to start a career on a specific date (Jan 1 1940). However, I can't get the correct date, regardless of what I put as a start date.

If I selected December '39 as my start date, (and select 1939 within SH3), I end up starting my patrol in August of 39. If I choose Jan of 1940, my patrol starts in October of 1940. I've created several different careers and they all do the same way.

Maybe it's just coincidence, but I looked at the Careers.cfg file in my other career and noticed that the current year in my other career is 1940 and the current month is 10:

Code:
CrtMonth=10
CrtDay=26
CrtYear=1940
Is there a manual way to force the start date of a patrol? I am running Steam and Windows XP (not Vista).

dfscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-10, 05:43 PM   #420
Gorshkov
Commodore

Downloads: 139

I have found one oddity in this program: single mission dates are not correlated with Flotilla's existence period. For instance I selected mission date 12.1944 but SH3 Commander still allowed me to select 2nd Flotilla active only until 8.1944 in Lorient. After this date remaining 2nd Flotilla's U-boats escaped from France to Norway and this unit was disbanded.
Gorshkov is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sh3 commander