SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-28-11, 05:25 AM   #256
Radio
Planesman

Downloads: 339
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Drum View Post
I downloaded this mod but when I enable it and start the game I get a CTD

Make sure you have OM installed. And WDAD, too!

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-11, 10:47 AM   #257
serezha
Swabbie

Downloads: 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post
Make sure you have OM installed. And WDAD, too!
Is OM need to install? I thought I need to install SH4 v.1.5, WDAD, patch WDAD, and then the BMC v.2.5?
serezha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-11, 10:24 AM   #258
Kaleun
Chief

Downloads: 266

OM isn't needed.

My JSGME reads

WDAD_v100
WDAD_v100_patch1
Med Campaign
Triton Welded hull (skin by Sidslotm - see post #212 in this thread)

This works perfectly!
Kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-11, 03:04 PM   #259
MGR1
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 252

A bump for Keltos: PLANS!!!

Found some plans on this site:

http://www.rnsubs.co.uk/index.php

Specifically as part of this article:

http://www.rnsubs.co.uk/Boats/BR3043/contents.php

Covers pre WW1 A Class all the way up to the Porpoise class minelayers. The plans are reproduced to a large scale, just as well as they're a wee bit fuzzy!

Example - Group 1 S Class subs:

http://www.rnsubs.co.uk/Boats/BR3043/chapter16.php

Plan as built - by WW2 the retractable gun and superstructure had been removed and replaced by a conventional gun on the casing:

http://www.rnsubs.co.uk/Boats/BR3043...Plate%2041.jpg

HMS/m Sturgeon as built:

http://images-02.delcampe-static.net...96/106_001.jpg

As at the start of WW2:

http://www.secondworldwar.org.uk/subs/sturgeon1.jpg

Only four boats in this group and three had been sunk by the end of 1940!

Hope this helps!

Mike.
"I am the battleship Jean Bart. This name originates from a certain 'respected' privateer... Yes? You want to know what privateers are? Hmph, they are pirates that rob openly under the banner of their country."

Jean Bart from the mobile game Azur Lane.
MGR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-11, 04:43 PM   #260
gmccabe01
Seaman

Downloads: 207

Just want to say thanks for this excellent mod and to all who helped
with it, and caused me to loose track of real hours (sometimes 5 at a time).

Many, many thanks
gmccabe01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-11, 10:32 AM   #261
aapje88
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
hey do you need sh4 1.5 for this mod because it dont works with me i have sh4 1.5 and some mods but is disabeld them before i imported the mod

plz reply it would be great and im new

Last edited by aapje88; 11-30-11 at 11:03 AM.
Old 11-30-11, 11:26 AM   #262
USS Drum
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 126

Quote:
Originally Posted by aapje88 View Post
hey do you need sh4 1.5 for this mod because it dont works with me i have sh4 1.5 and some mods but is disabeld them before i imported the mod

plz reply it would be great and im new
You need We Dive at Dawn mod and welcome to subsim.
USS Drum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-11, 01:49 PM   #263
sidslotm
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Lurkers WDAD needs to be installed on a clean installation of SH4 for best results.

Here you will find WDAD http://www.gamefront.com/files/users/dashboard

You unzip WDAD v.100 into jsgme, then unzip the patch V1.7 into jsme and install.

Japlance's Med campaign can then be installed over WDAD.

there are help files in both MODS
Old 12-17-11, 06:31 AM   #264
Reichsjager
Swabbie

Downloads: 32

Hi,

I've got the mod installed in the whole "make new copy of vanilla, copy files over"

And I've applied the Med Campaign to a copy of my updated version of WDAD, but to no avail... It seems to stall at the last segment of loading at the start of the game, (probably the last 1/6th of the loading) and then it makes a CTD...

my version of WDAD works perfectly, and I've tried to re-download the Med Campaign and install it, but again no success...

I'd rather not use JSGME as I've found it a bit annoying at times, and isn't the ol' "copy of vanilla, merge mod data over it" just as good??
Reichsjager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-11, 09:34 AM   #265
sidslotm
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reichsjager View Post
Hi,

I've got the mod installed in the whole "make new copy of vanilla, copy files over"

And I've applied the Med Campaign to a copy of my updated version of WDAD, but to no avail... It seems to stall at the last segment of loading at the start of the game, (probably the last 1/6th of the loading) and then it makes a CTD...

my version of WDAD works perfectly, and I've tried to re-download the Med Campaign and install it, but again no success...

I'd rather not use JSGME as I've found it a bit annoying at times, and isn't the ol' "copy of vanilla, merge mod data over it" just as good??
JSGME works fine and every time, check your installation. Start jsgme then goto tasks and generate a snapshot, this creates a MOD folder. All mods unpacked into the jsgme MOD folder.

Lurkers WDAD really should installed over a clean installation of SH4, click yes when asked to overwrite. Then do the same with WDAD patch.

JapLances Med Campaign should be installed over WDAD, click yes when asked to overwrite.

that's it.
Old 12-17-11, 08:28 PM   #266
Admiral Von Gerlach
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 358

Brilliant job on this Japlance, I was sorry to see Lurker has moved on, so this is a wonderful addition to the We Dive At Dawn possibilities. The British RN submarine drivers did a remarkable job in the Med, with shallow water, shifting currents, all of the Italian Fleet and problems of supply ( to Malta) and all the other dangers .....I very much look forward to seeing this in action, as family members of mine were active in command of U Boats on the Med and had a healthy respect for their counterparts in the RN, i am very glad to see you succeeded in your project and that there may be more boats added, Keltos is the master of new boat construction so that is great to see him here too. And the British voice mod sounds excellent too, hope that works out as well. Is there a buzzer mod for the dive alarm yet?
Old 12-21-11, 01:52 AM   #267
Reichsjager
Swabbie

Downloads: 32

I've got it working now, and I very much like what I see, however since I've been playing TMO a lot lately... the Med Campaign just seems.. a bit.. "empty"

But I know that's because this is in early stages of course... But once this mod is fitted out fully and given tonnes of flavour, and british voices are incorporated, it will be beautiful.

I'd also love to see an Italian campaign too, which there was an attempt at creating but unfortunately the files for it were lost...
Reichsjager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-11, 08:31 AM   #268
horzaman
Nub

Downloads: 0

I installed this mod 2 days ago and spent a very enjoyable night playing my first patrol in HMS Triumph sailing from the Rock.

It's great to play a British campaign especially in the Med. I'm looking forward to recording voices for the British subs when i get back to uni after Christmas

I've got a few questions too!

1. I was sent to patrol of the cost of Corsica in 1940. I sailed there, spent five days patrolling and saw two Planes that did not see me. Completed my Mission, asked for new orders and patrolled the waters NW of Corsica. Spent 5 days there and again only saw two planes.
Is the shipping meant to be that empty? or is it because i dont have RADAR that i simply didn't spot anything at all?

2. Did you alter the mechanics for firing torps? It might be because my crew is very green compared to the crew i had in Keltos' T class mod (the one that puts a T Class in the Pacific) but i couldn't hit a stationary merchant man with any fish when he was at port, and i was less than 1400 yards.

I really love the mod. It's so nice to patrol the Med' waters, it feels so different to the pacific. I also encountered an under water sea wall around a harbour for the first time and sea mines, which scared the hell out of me. I don't think i appreciated them at the time but they are excellent features for ports

Also, does anyone know any good hunting grounds early in the war for me to sink some ships?
horzaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-11, 04:34 AM   #269
sidslotm
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by horzaman View Post
I
1. I was sent to patrol of the cost of Corsica in 1940. I sailed there, spent five days patrolling and saw two Planes that did not see me. Completed my Mission, asked for new orders and patrolled the waters NW of Corsica. Spent 5 days there and again only saw two planes.
Is the shipping meant to be that empty? or is it because i dont have RADAR that i simply didn't spot anything at all?
The aircraft detection systems are the same as in Lurkers other mods and there pretty hot.

2. Did you alter the mechanics for firing torps? It might be because my crew is very green compared to the crew i had in Keltos' T class mod (the one that puts a T Class in the Pacific) but i couldn't hit a stationary merchant man with any fish when he was at port, and i was less than 1400 yards. Brit
Torpedoes only work on a narrow angle, 10% or so, you have to take more care when shooting

I really love the mod. It's so nice to patrol the Med' waters, it feels so different to the pacific. I also encountered an under water sea wall around a harbour for the first time and sea mines, which scared the hell out of me. I don't think i appreciated them at the time but they are excellent features for ports

Also, does anyone know any good hunting grounds early in the war for me to sink some ships? you gotta look, try submerging at night in a likely spot, sonar should pick something up. My favourite area is to the west of Pantelleria, it gets narrow between Tunisia and Sicily, or even the Taranto bay area
try sitting on the bridge with a good book, heh.
Old 12-27-11, 08:44 AM   #270
horzaman
Nub

Downloads: 0

Thanks for the reply! I'm heading home tomorrow so i will try and give those hunting grounds a try

Quick question though, what did you mean by the 10 degree angle?
I had no problems with the torps going off, (as the bloke who has to fix the docks will testify ) but i just couldn't get any of them to go where i was aiming at. Im thinking maybe the spread angle could have been playing up and i will check it, but otherwise im stumped.

Thanks!
horzaman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
british, campaign, italian, malta, mediterranean