Old 11-18-20, 03:08 AM   #3391
Gerald
SUBSIM Newsman

Downloads: 548
Uploads: 0

Icon14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhörnchen View Post
I got a commission out of the blue yesterday via an email I no longer use, which made me suspicious; there are a lot of painters getting scammed lately by elaborate frauds

I quickly saw that the guy was okay: he'd found me on Facebook, so I was soon able to establish that he was genuine by looking at his page. Facebook has been very useful to me in this way just lately

The small commission is for a robin sitting amongst some mistletoe in a winter landsape, so right up my street for a change

I'll show it in the Art Gallery thread when it's done
Good to hear. Gratts.

Marie Curie

Gerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-20, 04:28 AM   #3392
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
I got a commission out of the blue yesterday via an email I no longer use, which made me suspicious; there are a lot of painters getting scammed lately by elaborate frauds

I quickly saw that the guy was okay: he'd found me on Facebook, so I was soon able to establish that he was genuine by looking at his page. Facebook has been very useful to me in this way just lately

The small commission is for a robin sitting amongst some mistletoe in a winter landsape, so right up my street for a change

Nice one Glynn.

The wife awoke this morning with toothache and despite all the hoops she had to jump through on the phone because of this pandemic I must say I was well impressed with the dental practice response, sorting her an appointment for this afternoon within an hour of first phone contact.

I rang last week enquiring about a tooth that needed a filling only to be told that absolute priority was being given to patients suffering pain.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-20, 08:34 AM   #3393
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

Quote:

I'm happy that you got the commission, Glynn. I'm sure your patron will be well pleased with your works as they really are great.

Sorry Ann is having teeth issues, Jim. I'm sure with the Covid issues at hand, you can understand that the medical people are tending to those truly in need, like Ann.

All the best, Glynn in your endeavors and Jim with regards to Ann's teeth issues.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-20, 09:29 AM   #3394
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Wallace View Post
I'm happy that you got the commission, Glynn. I'm sure your patron will be well pleased with your works as they really are great.

Sorry Ann is having teeth issues, Jim. I'm sure with the Covid issues at hand, you can understand that the medical people are tending to those truly in need, like Ann.

All the best, Glynn in your endeavors and Jim with regards to Ann's teeth issues.
Ann just read this, smiled and blew a kiss

Old 11-18-20, 01:13 PM   #3395
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

I'll blow you a kiss too, mate
Old 11-19-20, 07:58 AM   #3396
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Ann just read this, smiled and blew a kiss

With the Covid issues at hand, My lady and I have different work schedules for now so we only see each other briefly during the week. We get to catch up on the weekends, though. That being said, tell Ann I will gladly take the kiss as I'm feeling very unloved right now.

You have nothing to worry about though as Ann has way too much invested in you right now and you have Ann exactly where she wants you.

Besides, I'm barely even housebroken.

Seriously, I hope Ann Is doing better.

@ Eichornchen. I like the buck toothed grin of your little friend but I'm afraid of squirrels. Well, some anyway.
Old 11-19-20, 09:13 AM   #3397
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Wallace View Post
With the Covid issues at hand, My lady and I have different work schedules for now so we only see each other briefly during the week. We get to catch up on the weekends, though. That being said, tell Ann I will gladly take the kiss as I'm feeling very unloved right now.

You have nothing to worry about though as Ann has way too much invested in you right now and you have Ann exactly where she wants you.

Besides, I'm barely even housebroken.

Seriously, I hope Ann Is doing better.

@ Eichornchen. I like the buck toothed grin of your little friend but I'm afraid of squirrels. Well, some anyway.
She's certainly not smiling atm. After her visit to the dentist in which she was prescribed antibiotics she has an appointment for the tooth (her first) to be extracted next week.

Nor did it help after I reminded her it would be fine "Listen dear, I've only three of my own teeth left on the top, the rest being dentures"

She responded "Well that's your daft fault for having most of them punched out because of the career you chose"

Womens logic

Old 11-19-20, 09:53 AM   #3398
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Quote:
She's certainly not smiling atm. After her visit to the dentist in which she was prescribed antibiotics she has an appointment for the tooth (her first) to be extracted next week.

Nor did it help after I reminded her it would be fine "Listen dear, I've only three of my own teeth left on the top, the rest being dentures"

She responded "Well that's your daft fault for having most of them punched out because of the career you chose"

Womens logic

Hopefully, the Dentist prescribed some pain meds or perhaps over the counter ( Oragel ) it's called in the states to " deaden " the nerves till she can be seen next week. Teeth pain can be the worst.

Old 11-19-20, 09:59 AM   #3399
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

^ women's logic

Still wish your wife Ann all the best, when it comes to teeth i can relate

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-20, 01:06 PM   #3400
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

Eat plenty of nuts. I've got a couple of teeth crowned but the rest are still all there
Old 11-19-20, 02:24 PM   #3401
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

To put it another way.....she'll be wasting her time checking under her pillow the morning after the extraction because I'll tell her the tooth fairy caught COVID

Old 11-19-20, 03:59 PM   #3402
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I have taken a short vacation. Did this so I could pay my dear mom a visit. Haven't visit her for years. I had planned to visit her back in March and celebrate my birthday there. Then came Mr. Corona..and due to my moms age, problem with her heart and the fear of infect her I postponed it.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-20, 06:12 PM   #3403
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
To put it another way.....she'll be wasting her time checking under her pillow the morning after the extraction because I'll tell her the tooth fairy caught COVID

put one of these under her pillow!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-20, 06:58 PM   #3404
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
put one of these under her pillow!
That's seven (7) words ... oh never mind wrong thread
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-20, 10:24 PM   #3405
Eisenwurst
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 58

Spotted Santa in his Grotto today, at the "shops". He came to the front fence and was waving to the mums and kids. "Ho Ho Ho" he said, "Santa's in Quarantine, and you can't sit on his lap, but come back in 14 days and you can have your photo taken with me".

Good to know he made it to Australia and is Social Distancing. I guess his beard counts as a mask

Eisenwurst is online   Reply With Quote