Closed Thread

Old 04-24-20, 10:28 PM   #9226
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDef View Post
They are a holdover from when my office was the wife's "arts & crafts" room, she was a child of the 60's, need I say more?

Not at all, 'nuff said. They were pretty much standard issue to all children to the 60's.
Old 04-25-20, 12:25 PM   #9227
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

From the Politifact article:

Quote:
"And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that, so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me. So, we’ll see, but the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute. That’s pretty powerful."
Yeah, the article is fair, but, if you watch the video, it's very obvious he was out of his league in regards to anything to do with virus treatments.

Best article I've come across for relatively unbiased coverage of Trump's latest debacle.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-tipping-point

Quote:
From almost the moment the words left Trump’s mouth it was clear some sort of damage limitation was needed.

But, as shock and amazement traversed the globe, it was slow in coming. When it did arrive, on Friday lunchtime, it was a clean-up attempt that clearly could have gone better. At a White House event Trump tried on Friday to justify his dangerous comments, falsely claiming that he was “asking a question sarcastically to reporters”.

On Friday, even as the US death toll topped 50,000 and the grim milestone of 1 million coronavirus cases grows nearer, Trump tried to make what critics saw as a desperate and dishonest U-turn.

“I was asking a question sarcastically to reporters like you just to see what would happen,” the president, sitting at the Resolute desk in the Oval Office, told reporters as he signed emergency funding legislation.

“When I was asking a sarcastic – a very sarcastic question – to the reporters in the room about disinfectant on the inside, but it does kill it, and it would kill it on the hands and that would make things much better. That was done in the form of a sarcastic question to a reporter.”

But video of the briefings clearly demonstrated otherwise. There was no hint of sarcasm and Trump’s attempts to rewrite the immediate past were undermined by the evidence just a simple Google search away.

When Trump posed the question about the efficacy of disinfectant injections, he had turned to his right and was looking in the direction of Bill Bryan, the acting homeland security undersecretary for science and technology, and Deborah Birx, the coronavirus taskforce coordinator.
Again, he is not stupid but he is so sloppy and addle-brained with his remarks, he does a remarkable job portraying a stupid person. Trump supporters will try to explain this away or stick to the clearly false narrative that Trump was being sarcastic. I mean, you can see for yourself in the video, he was making these remarks earnestly and checking with Bryan every few seconds. If the pandemic team were not so afraid to be bashed by Trump, maybe someone could have reined him in. I've yet to see that happen, even though it would be to his benefit. I won't argue for a second that the media will try to make him look bad but he's doing a bangup job on his own, he doesn't really need much help.
Old 04-26-20, 05:06 AM   #9228
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Trump says briefings 'not worth the effort' amid fallout from disinfectant comments,
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ctant-comments
I guess nobody saw this coming

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 04-26-20, 05:17 AM   #9229
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
“What is the purpose of having White House News Conferences when the Lamestream Media asks nothing but hostile questions, & then refuses to report the truth or facts accurately,” he wrote. “They get record ratings, & the American people get nothing but Fake News. Not worth the time & effort!”
My name is trouble, my first name's a mess
No need to greet me, I'm here to confess
That if you let me hold you I won't hold my breath
And if you let me love you I will love to death

My chase is endless I tend to obsess
No game is up to my need to possess
But if you let me hold you I won't hold my breath
And if you let me love you I will love you to death

I'm petrified of emptiness, let aside the loneliness
And lovers tend to break me in two
If you were to come back to me, in pieces or in melody
There couldn't be a better way through

My name is trouble my first name's a mess
Born to deceive you, brought up to redress
And if you let me hold you, I won't hold my breath
But if you make me need you I will need you less
-----Long Instrumental-----
I'm petrified of emptiness, let aside the loneliness
And lovers tend to break me in two
If you were to come back to me, in pieces or in melody
There couldn't be a better way through

My name is trouble, my first names a mess
No need to greet me, I'm here to confess
That if you let me hold you I won't hold my breath
And if you let me love you I will love to death

But if you let me hold you I won't hold my breath
And if you let me love you I will love you to death

(And before anyone tries some stunt on me - yes I do know the background of the song. But in this case it works outside that intended context, too).
Old 04-26-20, 09:14 AM   #9230
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

As one of the few Trump "supporters" in my group, I was of course asked about the "disinfectant" flap. Looking at the clip, I just see vintage Trump prattling on in real time about a subject where he is clearly out of his depth. Of course, the liberal media is covering it as if they have finally found the "smoking gun" to put him away.

What the MSM fails to again understand is that most voters support Trump not because he is the ideal candidate for President, but because there is no alternative. Biden??? He is probably senile, may have sexually assaulted at least one his aide, his family has apparently been involved in many questionable business dealings based on his political positions, etc., etc. etc. If the MSM covered Biden with the same zeal that they go after Trump instead of going out of their way to protect him, his candidacy would have been over a long time ago.
Old 04-26-20, 09:30 AM   #9231
Skybird
Soaring

^ I may have bought that in the first couple of months.

But no more.

After all what there has been and said and done since then: never no more buying it. By now, too much smelly brown stuff has been presented too often on golden dinner plates as if one could buy it any longer with the excuse that real chocolate cake is out.
Old 04-26-20, 10:17 AM   #9232
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Good article:

Quote:
Unlike the tens of millions of Americans who have lost their jobs, America's cultural elites, in politics, government and media, are doing just fine during the coronavirus shutdown.
Some of the politicians are paid well enough to hoard gourmet chocolate ice cream in their expensive kitchen freezers, like House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, rightly dubbed by Republicans as our very own Nancy Antoinette.
"I enjoy it," Pelosi said of her chocolate stash on "The Late Late Show" in the most tone-deaf media interview of the year, with her country out of work and people low on food. "I like it better than anything else. ... I don't know what I would have done if ice cream were not invented."
As Republicans shout "Let them eat ice cream," the Democrats shout that President Donald Trump is at it again, with his wantonly barbaric Twitter thumbs, virtue-signaling and rallying his Trumpian base about stopping immigration.
But then, after pressure from agribusiness lobbyists and the high-tech lords, Trump pulled back and decided to allow temporary workers to keep working on farms, and in Silicon Valley, where they have already displaced higher-paid Americans.
So, everybody who counts votes or money gets their say. But what about those who don't?
Like those Americans who've just lost their jobs. And small-business owners losing everything they've saved a lifetime for. The government shut them down, too, and they don't get much of a say, do they?
If they dare protest, if they demand to work and run their own lives, they're condemned by mouthpieces of the left as a bunch of greedy fools Who Just Want People to Die.
And who wants people to die?
In this, America's elites are very much like the wealthy rich in Boccaccio's "The Decameron," safe behind the walls of a secluded villa outside Florence, full of wine and full of ourselves, babbling on and on about love and morality during The Plague.
We telecommute to work on our laptops, where we debate the nature of this coronavirus death model and that coronavirus death model. From the safety of our screens, secure in our home offices, perhaps just a few feet from some freezer loaded with gourmet ice cream, we wax on and on when it might be acceptable for Americans to venture forth and take a risk.
Risk? What is this word? Our American culture has been working to eliminate risk for decades. Now, all the kids get a trophy. Universities aren't about challenging the young, they're about "safe spaces" from difficult ideas. And helicopter parents hover like those drones that'll take your temperature -- and determine the rate of infection -- from the sky.
Take the tribal politics out of it and think about the unemployed guy at the food pantry waiting for a box of charity food to feed his kids. He has worked all his life yet now finds himself unemployed, not through any fault of his own, but because government has deemed his job to be "nonessential."
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...ry_143024.html
Old 04-26-20, 10:55 AM   #9233
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Again, he is not stupid but he is so sloppy and addle-brained with his remarks, he does a remarkable job portraying a stupid person. Trump supporters will try to explain this away or stick to the clearly false narrative that Trump was being sarcastic. I mean, you can see for yourself in the video, he was making these remarks earnestly and checking with Bryan every few seconds. If the pandemic team were not so afraid to be bashed by Trump, maybe someone could have reined him in. I've yet to see that happen, even though it would be to his benefit. I won't argue for a second that the media will try to make him look bad but he's doing a bangup job on his own, he doesn't really need much help.
Reminds me of the back tracking Trump did after he met with Putin and said, "I don't see why they would do that" When questioned on if he asked Putin about the meddling in the US elections.

But Trump is still my man ... sure he makes mistakes. We all make mistakes

Obama and Biden made mistakes and it will cost them the election. This will become a fact in the next six months of the campaign.

Remember we are down to just two world figures to lead the US for four more years ... Trump or Biden
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 04-26-20, 12:27 PM   #9234
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
...Again, he is not stupid but he is so sloppy and addle-brained with his remarks, he does a remarkable job portraying a stupid person...
Well I disagree, he's not unintelligent, but he is stupid.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 04-26-20, 01:16 PM   #9235
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Trump should switch to fireside chats for awhile, toss out the mainstream media. He's been under a constant barrage attack from the vermin for three years, he probably has some PTSD.
Old 04-26-20, 01:37 PM   #9236
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
Trump should switch to fireside chats, the media should toss him out for awhile. America has been under a constant barrage of bullsh!t and self aggrandising posing by Trump for three years, it probably has PTSD
Fixed that for you

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 04-26-20, 02:37 PM   #9237
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
Trump should switch to fireside chats for awhile, toss out the mainstream media. He's been under a constant barrage attack from the vermin for three years, he probably has some PTSD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
I love Donald Trump and want to have his babies

Fixed it back for you!
Old 04-26-20, 02:55 PM   #9238
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

I thought you were homophobe? But if you like to be humped by your "president" all the time and loving it i have to tell you that you still cannot expect to have a baby (biologics, you know).
Also your desire is not shared by the rest of the world

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 04-26-20, 03:16 PM   #9239
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post

I thought you were homophobe? But if you like to be humped by your "president" all the time and loving it i have to tell you that you still cannot expect to have a baby (biologics, you know).
Also your desire is not shared by the rest of the world

It doesn't look like your reading comprehension is any better than your grip on reality but as long as you don't have a vote it's all good.
Old 04-26-20, 04:19 PM   #9240
Skybird
Soaring

Stop the lockdown! People are going crazy! ..............................................And believe me, I know what I am talking of!
And the crazy ones are still going crazier!

Sarcasm? Or no sarcasm?

Der Tagesspiegel, Struttmann

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter