Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-19, 04:51 AM   #10846
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Anyone saw that tweet of Mogg relaxing on the benches with that bloke stroking him? Bloody funny..

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 09-05-19, 05:05 AM   #10847
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Boris shall, what I understand make a deal with EU, which the English parliament can agree on.

Now I wonder, as I do a lot.

EU will not change their part of this deal

The Parliament seems to be in a situation where they can't agree on anything regarding the Brexit.

So what type of deal is it the Parliament really want ?

It can't be this backstop, because even here they seems to disagree

Markus
The EU probably don't feel the need to make any further deal Markus, they already have one deal/surrender document signed by May.

That is sufficient for them.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 09-05-19, 05:18 AM   #10848
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Maybe you have not understood it. Parliament does not want a Brexit at all. They only do not want to get called out when preventing it. They always wanted to steal the referendum and hollow out the meaning of Brexit - without getting held responsible for having done that. They think the parliament is more relevant than the people, and they never accepted the referendum's outcome.

Johnson cannot make a new deal with the EU. Parliament has just cut the legs under the table, as somebody put it, he is weaponless and has no pressure tools left. That was what the idea behind the past days moves were. It was about paralysing Johnson and forcing to crawl on knees to Brussel , so that he makes a joke of himself, because kneeling or not, he would not get anythign anyway, completing his own defeat by that display. They want him to be as hilarious as May acted, knowing that that way he would be too weak to reach anything.

Parliament does not want a Brexit woirth the meaning of the word "exit". It never wanted that

EU does not want a Brexit either. For them the Backstop-Brexit is the king's road to get a meaningless alibi of a pseudo-Brexit that is no Brexit but leaves the UK bound to the eU, prevents it from doing its own trade deals, and surrenders it to the customs union, the regime of the eU court, and certain other rules of the eU, it would be as if Brexit leads UK just to give up rights, while maintaining almost all its duties - and for this they should even pay a divorce bill - while additionally paying yearly fees like a member. Backstop is all the eU ever wanted: the possibility to keep the UK gagged and bound forever, without time limitation. Let the plebs in the streets think they exited from the EU - fact would be it had not, and that is what counts!

Parliament is on side of the EU. They always were by majority, they always wanted to reject or ignore or weasel around the referendum.

All sides want things that are mutually exclusive. Johnson has understood that. Thats why he tried so bitterly to break parliament. The little Matrxist and terrorist-friend on the other side of the chamber wants to weasel himself into No.10. thats why he is so underhandedly and hypocritically sneaking around on steptoes and plays the innocent.

They have to fight this out and one side has to die. There can be no compromise, and there must be no prisoners taken. Another thing that Johnson has understood, thats why he mowed down the rebels without hesitation. Scenarios where comprises are not posssble without compromising the whole cause, are possible to exist, and this is such a one.

Johnson probably calculated form beginning on to lose the four votes the past two days, he is not totally stupid. He wants elections with the wind of pro Brexit voters in his sail, who moved to Farrage and now shall return to Tories in force, giving them a strong victory and dominance in parliament. What he then wants, is unclear to me.Either he wants to get around this new no-no-deal Brexit law, or he hopes such a result would give him stronger authority against Brussel, which i doubt Brussel would be impressed by. Mind you, I think, Johnson just populistically posed as a Brexiteer before the referendum, and then was crushed like all others by that it was successful. He does want Brexit as much as most of the parliament: not at all. However, he also wants to save his face.

The little marxist however will do whatever harm and sneaking is necessary to leave Johnson no space to move at ANY direction, and will continue to play the innocent.This carricature makes me furious just by the body language of his already. Every move, every gesture, every posture, every mimic expression has "fake" written all over it. Slimey creepers like this make me furious.
You have saved me writing a wall of text by submitting the above and for that I am grateful.

Next move?

Steptoe will be enjoying his victory but I suspect it will be short lived.

Now that all the voting has taken place, the electorate now have a clear picture of who voted for what and in particular the 21 Tory traitors (my choice of words).

A no deal Brexit has been achieved so Steptoe will agree to a general election in an attempt to quench his lust for power and Boris will presumably be victorious gaining a sizeable majority and aided in a further strengthening of numbers by the addition of a handful of Brexit Party MP's.

The next phase will be the passing of new laws to aid the completion of Article 50 and Brexit will eventually be achieved.

The only way the above can be prevented by the opposition parties would be to vote to revoke Article 50 whilst they are in the ascendancy but I doubt that will happen because it is too great a gamble and could well bring about political suicide.

Only time will tell.

Old 09-05-19, 05:35 AM   #10849
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

BREAKING NEWS: Jo Johnson, brother of UK PM, quits as Tory MP and minister saying he is "torn between family and national interest"

Old 09-05-19, 06:13 AM   #10850
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidman View Post
Sorry, but this is malodorous BS. The EU has remained very very quiet in the last days. Actually the continent is rolling the eyes in view of the unworthy farce that takes place in the motherland of democracy.

Tomorrow the Peers will filibuster through 92 modification applications to the no-no-deal-law (and there is no need for Steed, Skybird and You to get upset here: Nobody voted for them, they got their positions because of their DNA. What an advanced procedure!).

Poor BoJo: There is a German saying that fits perfectly: He jumped as a tiger and landed as a bedside carpet.
How many Lords are herediatery? 92 out of 775?
Old 09-05-19, 06:36 AM   #10851
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikalugin View Post
How many Lords are herediatery? 92 out of 775?
Given out in the main as presents of entitlement by PM's as a kind of 'thank you'.

Old 09-05-19, 08:13 AM   #10852
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
You have saved me writing a wall of text by submitting the above and for that I am grateful.
This wall is mine,
I let you in,,
I let you navigate and command,
just as long as you now
this wall is mine.

- Dido -

Old 09-05-19, 08:34 AM   #10853
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

In my Inbox less than an hour ago.

Quote:
Yesterday Boris Johnson suffered a major defeat in the Commons. And just now, we won another huge victory in legislating to prevent a disastrous No Deal Brexit.

With no mandate, no morals and now no majority, Boris Johnson is on the ropes. And we're ready for the fight of a generation to stop No Deal then push for a General Election to win a Labour government and put Jeremy Corbyn into Number 10.

Jim, are you with us?

A decade of austerity. Our public services dismantled piece by piece and sold off to big corporations and hedge funds. Attacks on our NHS, schools and wages. Our country forced into insufferable inequality. And now the threat of a disastrous No Deal Brexit.

The future of our country will be decided at the next General Election. Will you join hundreds of thousands of Labour members to fight back?

With the stakes so high, it's time to take action. Join us in this historic moment, and seize the chance to turn the tables on this government and become part of our fight to rebuild Britain.

In solidarity,

Team Labour
NO THANKS

Old 09-05-19, 11:00 AM   #10854
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Thanks for the input.

I hav the same feeling, when it comes to the Parliament-they aren't really interested in an exit-therefore it doesn't matter which kind of deal B.J. may come up with, the Parliament will vote against it.

Markus
mapuc is online  
Old 09-05-19, 11:59 AM   #10855
STEED
Lucky Jack

Wow the ship is sinking now Jo Johnson quits his roll in government and MP.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49594793

Save the pooch next before the boat sinks.

Jim are you with us, no jim's in the hope and anchor.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!

Last edited by STEED; 09-05-19 at 12:19 PM.
Old 09-05-19, 12:29 PM   #10856
MGR1
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 252

The front page of the English edition of The Sun: LINK.

The front page of the Scottish edition of The Sun: LINK.

I'm afraid to say the even the UK wide newspapers are different between the two largest constituents of the UK.

If there is a General Election polling indicates that the SNP will be back to 50+ MPs.

Mike.
"I am the battleship Jean Bart. This name originates from a certain 'respected' privateer... Yes? You want to know what privateers are? Hmph, they are pirates that rob openly under the banner of their country."

Jean Bart from the mobile game Azur Lane.
Old 09-05-19, 12:31 PM   #10857
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
Boris is a fool listening to psycho Dominick who cares not about anything apart from himself.
I hear this psycho went up to the nameless one drunk! He swears at everyone flouts his position and still Dumbo keeps him on!

Old 09-05-19, 12:35 PM   #10858
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGR1 View Post
If there is a General Election polling indicates that the SNP will be back to 50+ MPs.

Mike.
The SNP could break from the alliance as they smell victory queen is back in town. They clearly want the general election.

Old 09-06-19, 04:42 AM   #10859
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post

Jim are you with us, no jim's in the hope and anchor.
Bereft of hope which is sinking as fast as an anchor.

Old 09-06-19, 04:46 AM   #10860
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland...itics-49568760

Legal defeat in first round for anti-prorogation activists.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
That's just the beginning, "The group of MPs and peers behind the legal challenge, who are headed by SNP MP Joanna Cherry and Liberal Democrat leader Jo Swinson, have said they will appeal against the ruling.

Their legal team will return to the court on Wednesday afternoon to ask judges at the Inner House to hear the appeal, potentially on Thursday."
The appeal has also failed and the case brought before the High Court suffered the same but permission has been granted for an appeal.

Quote:
A legal challenge over Prime Minister Boris Johnson's decision to suspend Parliament has been rejected, High Court judges have ruled.

The case was brought by businesswoman Gina Miller, who argued the move was "an unlawful abuse of power".

Rejecting Ms Miller's case, Lord Justice Burnett said she could immediately appeal because of the important points of law at stake.

The appeal is expected to be heard at the Supreme Court on 17 September.

A similar legal challenge heard at Edinburgh's Court of Session on Wednesday also failed. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49604584

Closed Thread

Tags
british, politics