SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-17-11, 02:47 AM   #631
Ruby2000
Engineer

Downloads: 71
Uploads: 0

HI TDW,

Quote:
working on patch 3. Here's what patch 3 entails so far:
GREAT

Have you seen my PM?

We have create a german rec-manual as pdf-document.
If you like I can give the *_sil.dds files from all ships.

regards

Ruby2000
Ruby2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-11, 03:33 AM   #632
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJMaybe View Post
I've changed a few of the hot keys in the useroptions.py file and now I'm getting CTD when I start playing. At the menu I get this screen but I don't get an error message. I've checked the few edits I made and haven't used any keys I shouldn't have and have not duplicated any keys that were already in use (as shown on F1).

Hi PJ

I've had this a few times myself.
Eventually I understood that I made faulty entries in the options.py file when editing.
These entries can be of various kinds i.e. one too many space characters or one too few. Pay special attention to how you make your changes inte options.py file, not leaving anything out or adding something that shouldn't be there.
Especially I've made foolish things when choosing a HotKey (You know the ones with the square brackets).

Since it can be very tricky to find all the changes you've done in the options.py the best way to solve this is to start over with a new copy of the mod so I have simply:

1. Deleted the mod I've been trying to tweak (so you won't mix them up)
2. Extracted a new copy of the mod
3. Used the OptionsMigrater (this copies your previous settings in your old options.py to the new options.py file).
4. Make any changes you want to the new added options in the new options.py (In the new mod. Your old settings should by now be there) and press "SAVE AS" (This is the step where I've been clumsy!)

N.B. if you use Notepad for editing, the Notepad by default selects to save the options.py in .txt format!!

BEFORE SAVING
- Check at the bottom of the window where you find the "Format" field make sure you choose "All files".
- To the left of the "Save" button in the "Coding" field make sure it's "ANSI"

5. Press "SAVE"
6.Copy the mod and paste it into the C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS

The best way to avoid this is to use the OptionsMigrater tool!
You find it in every new version of the mod: C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5

\MODS\NewUIs_TDC_6_x_x_ByTheDarkWraith\data\Applic ations

Try it!

//

Last edited by Silent Steel; 01-17-11 at 06:39 AM.
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-11, 03:40 AM   #633
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Default To TDW

Can you confirm you've by mail got my menu.txt file? (Swedish translation)

I've sent it a few times and I haven't received any messages like the address being wrong so I figure it should have reached you.

//

Last edited by Silent Steel; 01-17-11 at 05:23 AM.
Old 01-17-11, 05:07 AM   #634
harag
A-ganger

Downloads: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
working on patch 3. Here's what patch 3 entails so far:

v0.0.4 - fixed bug of when essential controls scroll is enabled (True) and UIStyle is SH3Style or SH4Style the dials would remain visible until mousing into them when changing to another station, external cam, or another page
- fixed save/load bug of the ingame ship's journal
- updated Ship's Journal Editor application with changes from above
- added error handling code to attack,obs, and UZO scopes to catch possible error when calculating estimated torpedo impact time
- (SH5Enhanced style) fixed bug of tooltip missing in heading bar until user cycled heading bar from closed to expanded
- added a new user option that controls whether ship's radio messages are displayed in the radio message box or not. Default value is enabled (True). (InformShipsRadioMessages)
- added a new user option that controls whether sub sighted radio messages are displayed in the radio message box or not. Default value is enabled (True). (InformSubSightedMessages)
- added a new user option that controls whether BDU messages to your sub are displayed in the radio message box or not. Default value is enabled (True). (InformBDUMessages)
- added a new user option that controls whether unit destroyed radio messages are displayed in the radio message box or not. Default value is enabled (True). (InformDestroyedMessages)
- added a new options box to the radio messages so that users can choose what type of radio messages they want to receive during their game
- radio messages of priority 0 that are to the player's sub are now colored medium red in their background when added to the radio message box
- added a new user option that defines the % chance that the radio operator will intercept radio messages. Default value is 50 (50%) (RadioMessagesInterceptChance)

working on patch 3 - How about skipping patch 3 and 4 and calling this patch 5 - then both the Mega Mod and the UI mods are on the same number, might be less confusing for some people. Just a thought... Either way Keep up the good work TDW.
harag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-11, 08:01 AM   #635
Capt Sinbad
Loader

Downloads: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Steel View Post

I've sent it a few times and I haven't received any messages like the address being wrong so I figure it should have reached you.

//

Silent Steel
I work with PJ and i will tell him you have tried to help him.
Capt Sinbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-11, 09:16 AM   #636
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:

//
Patch 2 of MO and Patch 4 of NewUIs included the Swedish text. I have the new file you sent included in the newest patches that I'm going to release
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-11, 09:18 AM   #637
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby2000 View Post
HI TDW,

GREAT

Have you seen my PM?

regards

Ruby2000
You have an ingame rec manual that is viewable at any time. Are you not aware of it? It's called SOAN. You enable it by clicking the charts icon in the right side lower bar. You'll see a tab stick out from the left middle to left upper of your screen when you do. Drag that tab out and you have SOAN
Old 01-17-11, 09:32 AM   #638
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Quote:
Patch 2 of MO and Patch 4 of NewUIs included the Swedish text. I have the new file you sent included in the newest patches that I'm going to release

Roger that!
Though, I wanted to ask since I don't see it in my New UIs Patch #4

//
Old 01-17-11, 09:41 AM   #639
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Roger that!
Though, I wanted to ask since I don't see it in my New UIs Patch #4

//
you are correct I just looked in my archives and both MO patch 2 and NewUIs patch 4 didn't include the Swedish text It will be included in the next patches
Old 01-17-11, 09:42 AM   #640
Illyustrator
中国水兵

Downloads: 80
Uploads: 1

Quote:
HI TDW,

GREAT

Have you seen my PM?

regards

Ruby2000
Ruby2000,You can transfer me these Files or this information on all ships!?
Illyustrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-11, 09:46 AM   #641
Ruby2000
Engineer

Hi TDW,

Quote:
You have an ingame rec manual that is viewable at any time. Are you not aware of it? It's called SOAN. You enable it by clicking the charts icon in the right side lower bar. You'll see a tab stick out from the left middle to left upper of your screen when you do. Drag that tab out and you have SOAN
Yes, I have seen it, but I can´t open the rec-manual.
Old 01-17-11, 09:48 AM   #642
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Hi TDW,

Yes, I have seen it, but I can´t open the rec-manual.
Why can't you open it? What happens when you click the cover of it? Are you able to get it to show when you click the charts icon in the right side lower bar? Did you disable SOAN in the options file?
Old 01-17-11, 09:55 AM   #643
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Quote:
you are correct I just looked in my archives and both MO patch 2 and NewUIs patch 4 didn't include the Swedish text It will be included in the next patches
Tell the users to PM me all questions on this menu.txt to me
//
Old 01-17-11, 09:59 AM   #644
PJMaybe
Swabbie

Downloads: 40

Thanks for the help there, Silent Steel. I figured I'd made an error editing because I migrated the original .py file back into the mod and it was working again. But I hadn't thought about if I had put an extra space in somewhere or how the file had been saved after I edited it so I'll try again and watch out for that.

Another question: I noticed that some of the keys have functions that are not shown on the F1 help screen. E.g. 'z' seems to toggle silent running but F1 shows it is not in use. Is this a bug or are there hotkeys in the mod different from the stock game?
PJMaybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-11, 10:00 AM   #645
Ruby2000
Engineer

Quote:
Why can't you open it? What happens when you click the cover of it? Are you able to get it to show when you click the charts icon in the right side lower bar? Did you disable SOAN in the options file?
Yes I see the book on the left side, i can move the book in the middle, but i can´t open the book with click.

Quote:
Did you disable SOAN in the options file?
No, but i can check this. Where can i find the setting?

Pls. can you check my PM to you. I have a question to you.