SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-16-11, 12:09 PM   #616
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poacher886 View Post
Thanks Silent steel, i'll try to explain.

Activating Mods for me is as follows: I download the mod to desktop ( i like everything i download from the net to go to desktop where i can see it and delete it if necessary without having to hunt the Hard drive for it!), then using 7z i extract the files....to desktop!.

This is where i start to get confused normally, do i just copy/paste or drag the whole extracted folder into my mods folder or open it and move just the data files??? either way, i normaly suss it out and drag the selected files into.... C / Ubisoft / Silenthunter 5 / MODS.

From here, i open JSGME (which is on my desktop) and activate the mod. With the exception of the "Grossdeutscher Rundfunk" mod which i just added and cant get working (i've started a separate thread for this), the Mega-mod and patches have all worked fine.

Now for the user options changes that caused a pain in the rear. Going into the said folder C / Ubisoft / Silenthunter 5 / MODS, then into Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1 / data / scripts / menu / TheDarkWraithUserOptions, and opening it as notepad (which changed all files to notepad) i made my adjustments, this had no effect, i went into the same file in Patch 1 and Patch 2 with no effect.

So as a last ditch i skimmed through Ubisoft / Silenthunter 5 / data , and found the file "Scripts", in this is another file "Menu" and in that are all the same notepad style files from Magnum_Opus, it looks exactly the same as MODS / Magnum_Opus.! so i went to the TheDarkWraithUserOptions opened and made my changes, which do have the desired effect!! this is now where i make changes to my preferance.

Hope this helps

Hi
Sorry but I'm a bit short of time today. I'll get back to you tomorrow.

// Cheers
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-11, 12:19 PM   #617
bart
Frogman

Downloads: 245

Quote:
Originally Posted by warlimont View Post
am i right in presuming that the only way to acquire a target solution is manually in the mega-mod?
Good question....

Also has anyone else noticed that once you open the dialog box with the XO in the attack periscope station, you can't close it again!!?
Old 01-16-11, 12:22 PM   #618
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akula4745 View Post
Question to anyone who can help - or TDW: Is travel mode disabled? Or have I not set something properly in the options file?

I have so many radio messages coming in that high TC to traverse any great distance is impossible... every few seconds you get snapped back to 1x - and this is WITH "travel mode" enabled.

How to fix? Please help...
Thanks in advance!

And many, many thanks to TDW for this fantastic compilation and the work it took to combine it!!! Thank you, The Dark Wraith.
You give me a great idea about using travel mode for the squelching of the sub sighted radio messages
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-11, 12:24 PM   #619
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by warlimont View Post
am i right in presuming that the only way to acquire a target solution is manually in the mega-mod?
no. You can still do the align the dots if you want.
Old 01-16-11, 12:39 PM   #620
titidinca
Watch

Downloads: 406

when I'm under water can not mark target! Lock-break does not work ( though it is enabled to appear ) and target can not mark with the key spacebar! this just in campaign not in historical mission.......
I received this error: " UpdateDigitalClock exception ! "
titidinca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-11, 12:45 PM   #621
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart View Post
Good question....

Also has anyone else noticed that once you open the dialog box with the XO in the attack periscope station, you can't close it again!!?
yes you can. Click the 'never mind' entry
Old 01-16-11, 12:54 PM   #622
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by titidinca View Post
when I'm under water can not mark target! Lock-break does not work ( though it is enabled to appear ) and target can not mark with the key spacebar! this just in campaign not in historical mission.......
I received this error: " UpdateDigitalClock exception ! "
download this: http://www.filefront.com/17803496/te...or-message.7z/

extract it to your MODS folder and enable it after MO (it has to be the LAST mod you enable). You'll need to capture the dialog boxes that appear onscreen and either post them here or send them to me so I can figure out what's going on.
Old 01-16-11, 04:19 PM   #623
titidinca
Watch

Downloads: 406

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
download this: http://www.filefront.com/17803496/te...or-message.7z/

extract it to your MODS folder and enable it after MO (it has to be the LAST mod you enable). You'll need to capture the dialog boxes that appear onscreen and either post them here or send them to me so I can figure out what's going on.
http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt1/titidinca/untitled.jpg
titidinca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-11, 06:14 PM   #624
EgoApocalypse
Lieutenant

Location: The system might fail you. But dont fail youself...................
Downloads: 36

Hey TDW, I was looking through the mod list. Sorry to put this out there with all the feed back your gettin form the Beta release.

Has there ever been mentioned or thought about putting life boats in the Mega-mod?

I might of missed the suggestion already. But just wanted to ask.

I havent DL the mod yet as I have to wait till I get back to my country. But from what I see and What Ive read I cant wait.

Great job to all Involved. I salute

EgoApocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-11, 06:31 PM   #625
rascal101
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 200

Hi TDW

Great Mod - have been using for a while now and have noticed a few issues some of which have been touched upon by others, just wondering if ytou can give an idea re any sollutions or possible update

OK CTD's - am getting seemingly random CTD's - I have correctly installed the mod and started a new career - is Sept 1939, I'm off the East Coast of the UK - have sunk four ships but been messed up by aircraft. With 56% damage I've decided to go home - so I put the game on 250 Time compression and head east.

After travelling about 200km's the CTD occurs - does not matter which direction I take - there is no indication or warning, jut bang and I'm at my desk top. Could be the old problem with WClear's Enviro Mod or some thing else - maybe even the fans or temperature on my machine - Any Ideas - see my activated mod list below.

Also - Since installing mega Mod I now have an odd mix of German and English - I prefer German - its a bit weird when I ask my sound man to listen for contacts and he replies in English - 'I have only ears for this Guy!' there are lots of other instances of this - another where someone says 'Running on both diesels' in English, doubly odd when your submerged!

Also with the Radio messages - Seems BDU is desperate to hear from U021 - the same request for a patrol update just keeps being repeated for months of game time - just gets repeated over and over in amongst all theother messages

Also I reinstalled OLD STYLE Explosions as the explosions and damage seems to have gone back to stock in the Mega Mod - so I put the Old Stylke Explosions back in and that seems to have cleared the problem

Any indication of an update or patch for this other wise brilliant mod?

Here is my list of activated mods, can you advise re any duplications or unnecassary mods:

Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1
Magnum_Opus_Patch_2
A Fistful of Emblems v1.51
A Fistful of Emblems v1.51 (Weathered)
Open_Horizons
Wordeees' Actual Footage Menu V2
Milk
Loading Screens Mod 2.0
Grossdeutscher Rundfunk
MightyFine Crew Mod 1.2.1 Alt faces
Old Style Explosions V1.1
German U-Boat Hydrophone SFX
Unterseeboot SFX
U-Boat Ballast Tanks SFX
U-Boat Watch Crew Routine SFX

Regards to all Subsimmers

Rascal
rascal101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-11, 08:14 PM   #626
Akula4745
Convicted Ship Killer

Location: Just out of sight... plotting your course and speed
Downloads: 371
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
You give me a great idea about using travel mode for the squelching of the sub sighted radio messages
Excellent! I hope that great idea is productive, sir. Thanks again for all the hard work to produce something of this size and caliber. We owe you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascal101 View Post
Also - Since installing mega Mod I now have an odd mix of German and English - I prefer German - its a bit weird when I ask my sound man to listen for contacts and he replies in English - 'I have only ears for this Guy!' there are lots of other instances of this - another where someone says 'Running on both diesels' in English, doubly odd when your submerged!

Here is my list of activated mods, can you advise re any duplications or unnecassary mods:

Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1
Magnum_Opus_Patch_2
A Fistful of Emblems v1.51
A Fistful of Emblems v1.51 (Weathered)
Open_Horizons
Wordeees' Actual Footage Menu V2
Milk
Loading Screens Mod 2.0
Grossdeutscher Rundfunk
Unterseeboot SFX
U-Boat Ballast Tanks SFX
Rascal,
I use Capthelms SH5 Audio Mod + Touch up for Capthelm's Audio... and the spoken German is pure. No English at all.
I think this version includes the "Touch-up" : http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1570

Quote:
Also I reinstalled OLD STYLE Explosions as the explosions and damage seems to have gone back to stock in the Mega Mod - so I put the Old Stylke Explosions back in and that seems to have cleared the problem
I will try this... I had noticed a change in the explosions myself. Thanks Rascal.

"If you sit by the river long enough... the body of your enemy will float by -- SunTzu"
Akula4745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-11, 09:04 PM   #627
Clay Fever
Swabbie

Downloads: 8
Trying to enable SHIII style gui

I am trying to enable the SHIII style GUI, and am a bit lost could someone help a dummy out? I cant find the correct file to edit.

And what is the correct way to apply the patch?
Clay Fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-11, 09:34 PM   #628
rascal101
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 200

Any One heard from TDW re the CTD's mod is great but cant seem to play for very long without the game just dies

Regards

Rascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akula4745 View Post
Excellent! I hope that great idea is productive, sir. Thanks again for all the hard work to produce something of this size and caliber. We owe you.

Rascal,
I use Capthelms SH5 Audio Mod + Touch up for Capthelm's Audio... and the spoken German is pure. No English at all.
I think this version includes the "Touch-up" : http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1570

I will try this... I had noticed a change in the explosions myself. Thanks Rascal.
rascal101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-11, 11:27 PM   #629
Montesky
Swabbie

Downloads: 160

Quote:

Milk
Loading Screens Mod 2.0
Grossdeutscher Rundfunk
Unterseeboot SFX
U-Boat Ballast Tanks SFX

Regards to all Subsimmers

Rascal
The "Milk" mod is the enabling mod for Naval Bases ????

Please put here link for this
Montesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-11, 01:00 AM   #630
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

working on patch 3. Here's what patch 3 entails so far:

v0.0.4 - fixed bug of when essential controls scroll is enabled (True) and UIStyle is SH3Style or SH4Style the dials would remain visible until mousing into them when changing to another station, external cam, or another page
- fixed save/load bug of the ingame ship's journal
- updated Ship's Journal Editor application with changes from above
- added error handling code to attack,obs, and UZO scopes to catch possible error when calculating estimated torpedo impact time
- (SH5Enhanced style) fixed bug of tooltip missing in heading bar until user cycled heading bar from closed to expanded
- added a new user option that controls whether ship's radio messages are displayed in the radio message box or not. Default value is enabled (True). (InformShipsRadioMessages)
- added a new user option that controls whether sub sighted radio messages are displayed in the radio message box or not. Default value is enabled (True). (InformSubSightedMessages)
- added a new user option that controls whether BDU messages to your sub are displayed in the radio message box or not. Default value is enabled (True). (InformBDUMessages)
- added a new user option that controls whether unit destroyed radio messages are displayed in the radio message box or not. Default value is enabled (True). (InformDestroyedMessages)
- added a new options box to the radio messages so that users can choose what type of radio messages they want to receive during their game
- radio messages of priority 0 that are to the player's sub are now colored medium red in their background when added to the radio message box
- added a new user option that defines the % chance that the radio operator will intercept radio messages. Default value is 50 (50%) (RadioMessagesInterceptChance)