SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-12-11, 01:44 PM   #541
ustahl
Watch Officer

Downloads: 156
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongel View Post
Right now I'm going crazy because manning/unmanning the guns by shortcut keys makes the boat surface again even though the keys aren't mapped to surfacing in any way . Ofcourse nothing happens, but to hear the lenghty sound clip for no reason isn't just right! (If somebody knows a fix please show me where to find it, couldn't find myself...).
Rongel, you probably have a Scandinavian keyboard like myself. I earlier have had various kinds of problems and oddities when trying various ready made keyboard mods to accomodate key command shortcuts and functions to my liking. In the end I decided to make my own keyboard mod, ie. Commands.cfg and F1 help files, that requires a few key settings in TDW's options.py to work correctly. All sounds are perfectly in line with all commands, using Winkelmander's DBSM 1.05 and Karl Koch's Speech Fixes and Additions (German version). With my keyboard mod there are no problems like yours. In case of interest we could PM each other...
Old 01-12-11, 01:56 PM   #542
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Hello,
i have read some of the posts, however some of the mods do not seem to activate.

I have activated the OpusMagnum mod with patch 2, along with "Grossdeutscher Rundfunk! and finally Trevally's "tell me the range and AOB" mod all in harbour even before starting a campaign.

And there are some strange occurrences:
At one time the officers galore did not appear, at another time the button array at the upper right side was missing (Early campaign and Gibraltar mission).
At another time the round compass did not show up when clicking on the "slide compass" at the lower left, but it did after reloading the saved game ..
The depth ordered will not be reached (read this above, also happens to me - minor problem, but ..)
The RAOBF wheel and all this stuff does not show up - i thought it was included in the MagnumOpus mod (?)
Also i never found out the Trevally's "Tell me range and AOB" mod in the game.

Maybe this because placing the OpusMagnum mod in the mod directory installed by JSGME, but there are tons of subdirectories each with mod/data directories below it again
So i will have to shift those one directory up, and then enable them each with JSGME ? But in which order, or doesn't it matter ? I am really confused, there are so much readme files in one mod alone with pages of information - i am losing the overview lol

Thanks and greetings,
Catfish
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-11, 02:03 PM   #543
Poacher886
Chief

Downloads: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar19681 View Post
Still no solution for the ctd upon starting a fresh career huh? Well it still a beta afterall. But what puzzels me is that so many people dont encounter the problem at all. Well at least not when starting a fresh career that is.
Yea i got the CTD when starting my first carreer with the game + MOd, what you do, is click on the Ubisoft icon in your tray and it takes you straight back to where you were!!! no problems since then!

On a side note...what is "Super marks"
Poacher886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-11, 02:14 PM   #544
Poacher886
Chief

Downloads: 36

While wizing through the user options im sure i came across an option that said..

"Crush depth = 150"

To the best of my knowledge, one thing i really liked about past SH games was when you started a new career, your boat was given an individial crush depth, based of course on approx real depths...this was great because you never really knew at what depth each of your boats could dive to.

Am i to understand, this depth is fixed, and at 150m??
Poacher886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-11, 06:02 PM   #545
Church SUBSIM
Weps

Downloads: 120
Uploads: 4

TDW,

Really impressed with your work (along with a number of others that have been modding SHV, great job!)

I have noticed a lot of people still use my Church's 1.1 SHV Command Keys files ... if you so desire, please feel free to incorporate it into you mega mod. The honor would be mine.

On a side note ... can't thank you enough for the heads up on the following book (Python Programming for the Absolute Beginner, Second Edition by Michael Dawson)... it's a great read. Thanks!

Best regards,
Church

Church SUBSIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-11, 06:27 PM   #546
longam
Admiral

Downloads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcb View Post
What do you mean by locks up? If it's the infamous "display driver stopped responding and recovered" error, I found the best cure to it (I have a GTX 260) is to turn Triplebuffering on and switch the power scheme from Adaptive to Performance. Hope this helps
Holy crap, I was having the same problem when starting a new career, the screen flashing back and forth until CTD and the Tripple Buffering did the trick!

Nvidia 9800 GTS

TDW, issue resolved for me....Thanks DCB

Edit: well maybe not, when I transition from bridge to tower to command room it starts all over again.

Last edited by longam; 01-12-11 at 07:38 PM.
longam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-11, 07:16 PM   #547
das numnutz
Watch

Downloads: 40

How does one know that this mod has successfully been installed? I used JSGME to enable it and started a brand new campaign but did not notice any changes to the UI or noticable game changes, albeit I only played a few minutes.

What should I look for after installing this mod? Any tell-tale signs its installed and working?

Also when installing the patch I get the following message from JSGME:

"Folder "MODS\Magnum_Opus_Scopes (do not enable - read)" has already been added by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
"How_to_enable_a_scope_mod.txt" has already been altered by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
Folder "MODS\Magnum_Opus_Scopes (do not enable - read)\Arclight_MRP" has already been added by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
Folder "MODS\Magnum_Opus_Scopes (do not enable - read)\Arclight_MRP\MRP_4_3_ratio" has already been added by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
Folder "MODS\Magnum_Opus_Scopes (do not enable - read)\Arclight_MRP\MRP_4_3_ratio\data" has already been added by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
Folder "MODS\Magnum_Opus_Scopes (do not enable - read)\Arclight_MRP\MRP_4_3_ratio\data\Library" has already been added by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
"cameras.cam" has already been altered by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
Folder "MODS\Magnum_Opus_Scopes (do not enable - read)\Arclight_MRP\MRP_4_3_ratio\data\Menu" has already been added by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
Folder "MODS\Magnum_Opus_Scopes (do not enable - read)\Arclight_MRP\MRP_4_3_ratio\data\Menu\Gui" has already been added by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
"Binocular.dds" has already been altered by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
Folder "MODS\Magnum_Opus_Scopes (do not enable - read)\Arclight_MRP\MRP_4_3_ratio\data\Menu\Gui\Lay out" has already been added by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
"RAOBFMiddle_attack.dds" has already been altered by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
"RAOBFMiddle_obs.dds" has already been altered by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
"RAOBFMiddle_UZO.dds" has already been altered by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
"TBT_1024.dds" has already been altered by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
Folder "MODS\Magnum_Opus_Scopes (do not enable - read)\Arclight_MRP\MRP_4_3_ratio\data\Menu\Skins" has already been added by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
Folder "MODS\Magnum_Opus_Scopes (do not enable - read)\Arclight_MRP\MRP_4_3_ratio\data\Menu\Skins\G erman" has already been added by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
Folder "MODS\Magnum_Opus_Scopes (do not enable - read)\Arclight_MRP\MRP_4_3_ratio\data\Menu\Skins\G erman\Gui" has already been added by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
Folder "MODS\Magnum_Opus_Scopes (do not enable - read)\Arclight_MRP\MRP_4_3_ratio\data\Menu\Skins\G erman\Gui\Layout" has already been added by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
"Periscope_Mask_1024_SH5.dds" has already been altered by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
"Periscope_Mask_1024_SH5_OBS.dds" has already been altered by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
Folder "MODS\Magnum_Opus_Scopes (do not enable - read)\emtguf_rework_scopes" has already been added by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
Folder "MODS\Magnum_Opus_Scopes (do not enable - read)\stock" has already been added by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
Folder "MODS\Magnum_Opus_Scopes (do not enable - read)\stock\Stock_periscopes" has already been added by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
Folder "MODS\Magnum_Opus_Scopes (do not enable - read)\stock\Stock_periscopes\data" has already been added by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
Folder "MODS\Magnum_Opus_Scopes (do not enable - read)\stock\Stock_periscopes\data\Library" has already been added by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
"cameras.cam" has already been altered by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
Folder "MODS\Magnum_Opus_Scopes (do not enable - read)\stock\Stock_periscopes\data\Menu" has already been added by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
Folder "MODS\Magnum_Opus_Scopes (do not enable - read)\stock\Stock_periscopes\data\Menu\Gui" has already been added by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
Folder "MODS\Magnum_Opus_Scopes (do not enable - read)\stock\Stock_periscopes\data\Menu\Gui\Layout" has already been added by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
"RAOBFMiddle_attack.dds" has already been altered by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
"RAOBFMiddle_obs.dds" has already been altered by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
"RAOBFMiddle_UZO.dds" has already been altered by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
Folder "MODS\Magnum_Opus_Scopes (do not enable - read)\stock\Stock_periscopes\data\Menu\Skins" has already been added by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
Folder "MODS\Magnum_Opus_Scopes (do not enable - read)\stock\Stock_periscopes\data\Menu\Skins\Germa n" has already been added by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
Folder "MODS\Magnum_Opus_Scopes (do not enable - read)\stock\Stock_periscopes\data\Menu\Skins\Germa n\Gui" has already been added by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
Folder "MODS\Magnum_Opus_Scopes (do not enable - read)\stock\Stock_periscopes\data\Menu\Skins\Germa n\Gui\Layout" has already been added by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
"Periscope_Mask_1024_SH5.dds" has already been altered by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
"Periscope_Mask_1024_SH5_OBS.dds" has already been altered by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
Folder "MODS\Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1" has already been added by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
Folder "MODS\Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1\data" has already been added by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
Folder "MODS\Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1\data\Automation" has already been added by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
Folder "MODS\Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1\data\Env" has already been added by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
"ClimateZones.cfg" has already been altered by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
"ClimateZones.tga" has already been altered by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
"EnvColors_Polar.cfg" has already been altered by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
"EnvColors_Polar_A.cfg" has already been altered by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
"EnvColors_Temperate.cfg" has already been altered by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
"EnvColors_Tropical.cfg" has already been altered by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
"EnvColors_Tropical_A.cfg" has already been altered by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
"Weather_Polar_A.cfg" has already been altered by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
"Weather_Tropical.cfg" has already been altered by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
"Weather_Tropical_A.cfg" has already been altered by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
Folder "MODS\Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1\data\Menu" has already been added by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
"menu.txt" has already been altered by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
Folder "MODS\Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1\data\Menu\Gui" has already been added by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
Folder "MODS\Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1\data\Menu\Gui\Tutoria l Images" has already been added by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
Folder "MODS\Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1\data\RadioMessages" has already been added by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
Folder "MODS\Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1\data\Scripts" has already been added by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
Folder "MODS\Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1\data\Scripts\Menu" has already been added by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
"Page Default Hud.py" has already been altered by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
"Page layout.py" has already been altered by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
"TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py" has already been altered by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
Folder "MODS\Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1\data\Sea" has already been added by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
Folder "MODS\Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1\data\Sea\NOM_Ranger" has already been added by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
"NOM_Ranger.cfg" has already been altered by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
Folder "MODS\Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1\data\Sea\NPC_Thetis" has already been added by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
Folder "MODS\Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1\data\Sea\NPH_Mauretan ia" has already been added by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
Folder "MODS\Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1\data\Sea\NPL_C3Middle ton" has already been added by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
"NPL_C3Middleton.cfg" has already been altered by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
Folder "MODS\Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1\data\Sea\NPL_ConteVer de" has already been added by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
"NPL_ConteVerde.cfg" has already been altered by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
Folder "MODS\Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1\data\Sea\NPP_QueenMar y" has already been added by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
"NPP_QueenMary.cfg" has already been altered by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
Folder "MODS\Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1\data\Sea\Nrtw" has already been added by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
"Nrtw.cfg" has already been altered by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
Folder "MODS\Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1\data\Sea\NSC_SC497" has already been added by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
Folder "MODS\Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1\data\Sea\NTR_Rawalpin di" has already been added by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
Folder "MODS\Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1\data\Sea\NVV" has already been added by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
"NVV.cfg" has already been altered by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
Folder "MODS\Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1\data\SingleMissions" has already been added by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
Folder "MODS\Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1\data\Sound" has already been added by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
Folder "MODS\Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1\data\Tutorials" has already been added by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
Folder "MODS\Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1\data\UPCDataGE" has already been added by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
Folder "MODS\Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1\data\UPCDataGE\UPCLocaliz ation" has already been added by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
"dialogs.tsr" has already been altered by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
Folder "MODS\Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1\Documentation" has already been added by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod.
"Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1.txt" has already been altered by the "Magnum_Opus_0_0_1" mod."

This is on a completely fresh, new install of a Steam version of SH5.
Old 01-12-11, 08:00 PM   #548
rascal101
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 200

OK I seem to have loaded this new Mega Mod successfully, I not all the changes in map colours and ports, etc

However there seems to be a problem - I set sail and get a little out of Wilhelmshaven, as soon as my boat hits deeper waters just outside the port I get a CTD - this is duplicated each time so there is a real problem.

It could be a problem with the Enviro mod as I remeber problems with Mr W Clear's mod before, some wrong or illegal colours - can any one confirm and is there a fix for this in the megamod

Regards

Rascal
rascal101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-11, 12:43 AM   #549
dcb
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 544

Quote:
Originally Posted by longam View Post
Edit: well maybe not, when I transition from bridge to tower to command room it starts all over again.
I think it has more to do with the power scheme used by the card. It kind of "cuts" the power ingame. Switch it to "performance" in the NV control panel, which always maxes the amount of power used by the card, and you'll never hear of that error again.
dcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-11, 01:24 AM   #550
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poacher886 View Post
"Save as a .txt coded Unicode! Close and enable Mod"

Oh, I've opened the user options in notepad, and just saved! i don't even know how to save as '.txt coded Unicode' ??

Also i edited the user options in SH5/data not MODS....seemed to work though!

When you are done editing the .txt file and wants to save it -

1. Select "Save as" in the Archive menu
2. Another window opens up
3. At the bottom to the right you see a button named "Save"
4. To the left of the "Save" button is another button named "Code"
5. Select the coding of your choice (Unicode)
6. Press "Save"

That's it

But what do you mean by "user options in SH5/data not MODS"?
As far as I know there should not be an options file.
Do you really have a "TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py" file there?

//
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-11, 01:58 AM   #551
Rongel
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 174

Quote:
Rongel, you probably have a Scandinavian keyboard like myself. I earlier have had various kinds of problems and oddities when trying various ready made keyboard mods to accomodate key command shortcuts and functions to my liking. In the end I decided to make my own keyboard mod, ie. Commands.cfg and F1 help files, that requires a few key settings in TDW's options.py to work correctly. All sounds are perfectly in line with all commands, using Winkelmander's DBSM 1.05 and Karl Koch's Speech Fixes and Additions (German version). With my keyboard mod there are no problems like yours.
Sent you a PM! Of course some other poor Scandinavian with strange keyboard behaviour could use your help too!
Rongel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-11, 03:05 AM   #552
dem
Planesman

Downloads: 476
Default Trevally

Hi Loving this mod wel done, one thing. can't get Trevally: Trevally Harbour & Kiel Canal Pilot v2.4 to work

help plesae

dem
dem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-11, 04:26 AM   #553
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by dem View Post
Hi Loving this mod wel done, one thing. can't get Trevally: Trevally Harbour & Kiel Canal Pilot v2.4 to work

help plesae

dem
Hi Dem

Can you give me more info:-

Have you used it before.
Does it show up in the automation screen.
Etc

Thanks
Old 01-13-11, 05:38 AM   #554
oscar19681
Admiral

Downloads: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poacher886 View Post
Yea i got the CTD when starting my first carreer with the game + MOd, what you do, is click on the Ubisoft icon in your tray and it takes you straight back to where you were!!! no problems since then!

On a side note...what is "Super marks"
Not sure what you mean by clicking on the ubisoft icon in your tray. I cant remember seeing any ubisoft logo whatsoever after i crash to desktop.
What do you mean with " super marks"

Jim Morrison 1943-1971
oscar19681 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-11, 10:11 AM   #555
James Cook
Seaman

Downloads: 91

hi guys.

my game freezes randomly when im in dialog with crewmembers. installed the mod, then applied patch 2 in port.

mods: opsMag(patched->2);remove shadows; acs5.0; aildeckwave1.0; dbsm music1.5; free cam tweak1.1, open horizon; reduced mission ton; keyboard german 0.6.. any thoughts?

is there a simple way to get back to stock special abilities.

regards.

James Cook is offline   Reply With Quote