Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-13-17, 07:14 PM   #2836
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nippelspanner View Post
I challenge you to read what was talked about again?
No one talked about entering, the point was prohibiting traveling to other countries, or at least make it difficult.

As I stated multiple times by now, I could travel wherever I want, my government would not stop me. At worst they'll issue warnings that some places are dangerous, they would however, not stop me or throw artificial obstacles in my way.

I don't understand why this seems to be so complicated.
Different rules for different countries. The EU can do as it pleases.
MaDef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-17, 09:59 PM   #2837
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDef View Post
Different rules for different countries. The EU can do as it pleases.
Did you actually read my posts?
Because what you just said... was pretty much my point? Mh.
You know what it seems I got misunderstood, or rather my intentions. My bad, I'm not good with words, let me try to explain:

Fact: it is illegal for Americans to travel to Cuba for the purpose of tourism(!) and while this hopefully changes soon, it is, for now, the law, actively restricting every American' s freedom in that regard.
Yes, who gives a damn about Cuba, yes, who cares about enforcing this law and yes, I get it, cuba really sucks and no one wants to go there anyways, got it, so one might 'feel' their freedom to travel isn't restricted. Awesome..... but fact is, that it is - and we won't challenge or violate the law like the damn liburuls and the oburmuh administration or crooked Hillary, will we?

Another Fact: August, and others here, love to act as if the USA is the free-est of the free countries and everywhere else is just a sad and pathetic place to live... but they can't be a tourist in Cuba. Because freedom.
The irony is obvious, isn't it?

That's the issue, this god damn blind "we are the greatest!" bs-mentality only found with a certain kind of Americans, while reality shows a more... Sober picture.

I mean... Explain to me, why the country with the highest incarceration number per capita is the best place to live in?
Explain to me what's so great about spending the most money of all western nations, again per capita, on health care and meds, while only ranking 35th place in life expectancy?
Explain to me what's so awesome about leading, by a large margin, in obesity?
Explain to me what's so star spangled awesome about illiteracy, because that's another area the USA excells at!
And finally, illegal drug use, how does that turn America into that one most awesome country on this planet?
Maybe it's so great because what, some 30-40% of the population actually believes that God created mankind and earth some 10,000 years ago? Lol!

I mean, there's so much more but I really don't want to reap the wrath of some raging 'patriots', so I rather stop here and trust that my point is more clear by now.

So yeah, sorry if I indeed enjoy to remind some that live in a bubble of lies and distraction about their oh-so-awesome countries truth, when they talk crap about other countries all while - and now it gets funny - complaining that someone dared to criticize America in any way, especially if that person, now hold on tight, isn't even American! *faints dramatically*

Of course, none of the above matters, because at least America has guns, phew, lucky!

Last edited by Jimbuna; 03-14-17 at 06:22 AM. Reason: Personal attacks and or name calling we can all do without.
Old 03-14-17, 06:42 AM   #2838
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Putting it here:

American and Egyptian sources say Russian special forces and drone-equipped units are in Egypt, near the Libyan border, preparing Russian intervention in Libya. Goal is since long to get a foot back in the door and gain influence with the current or next strong man in Libya.

Interesting. Refugees for us in the West, and while we are busy with that and focus all attention on it, the Kremlin takes another big bite in the Mediterranean.

Lets prevent escalating anything!

This also opens up a question on where Egypt is heading.
Old 03-14-17, 09:22 AM   #2839
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

Quote:

Fact: it is illegal for Americans to travel to Cuba for the purpose of tourism(!)
Technically true, but in practice, there is no barrier to American tourists visiting Cuba. You just say you are going there as part of a "people to people" exchange.

Many U.S. airlines now fly directly to Cuba.

Here is a good article on the process.

Quote:
Can Americans Now Legally Travel To Cuba? Here’s My Experience

As I mentioned in a previous installment, I spent two nights in Cuba late last week, and am trying to document the experience as much as possible. I flew Southwest from Fort Lauderdale to Havana on Thursday afternoon, so figured I’d share what the whole process of booking the flight, checking in, etc., was like, given that this is all still pretty new.

(...)

We flew Southwest from Fort Lauderdale to Havana, and across from the check-in desk was a visa desk. We just asked for two visas (which we could pay by credit card), and $100 later we were in possession of them. The price is the same whether you buy them in advance or at the airport.

(..)

Southwest has a separate check-in desk at Fort Lauderdale Airport for flights to Cuba, located on the baggage claim level. It’s my understanding that all airlines have special check-in desks for flights to Cuba.

There was only a short line, and the associate asked us why we were traveling to Cuba (because they have to enter it into the computer). We said “people-to-people exchanges,” and that was the end of it. They’re not asking because they want to quiz you, but rather because they have to enter a reason into the computer.

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...ly-visit-cuba/

still not sure what the point of this argument is. Do you know someone who has been stopped from travelling to Cuba?

I know some U.S. friends who went, they did not mention any problems and loved their trip.
Old 03-14-17, 10:33 AM   #2840
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Did you actually read my posts?
Because what you just said... was pretty much my point? Mh.
You know what it seems I got misunderstood, or rather my intentions. My bad, I'm not good with words, let me try to explain:

Fact: it is illegal for Americans to travel to Cuba for the purpose of tourism(!) and while this hopefully changes soon, it is, for now, the law, actively restricting every American' s freedom in that regard.
Yes, who gives a damn about Cuba, yes, who cares about enforcing this law and yes, I get it, cuba really sucks and no one wants to go there anyways, got it, so one might 'feel' their freedom to travel isn't restricted. Awesome..... but fact is, that it is - and we won't challenge or violate the law like the damn liburuls and the oburmuh administration or crooked Hillary, will we?

Another Fact: August, and others here, love to act as if the USA is the free-est of the free countries and everywhere else is just a sad and pathetic place to live... but they can't be a tourist in Cuba. Because freedom.
The irony is obvious, isn't it?

That's the issue, this god damn blind "we are the greatest!" bs-mentality only found with a certain kind of Americans, while reality shows a more... Sober picture.

I mean... Explain to me, why the country with the highest incarceration number per capita is the best place to live in?
Explain to me what's so great about spending the most money of all western nations, again per capita, on health care and meds, while only ranking 35th place in life expectancy?
Explain to me what's so awesome about leading, by a large margin, in obesity?
Explain to me what's so star spangled awesome about illiteracy, because that's another area the USA excells at!
And finally, illegal drug use, how does that turn America into that one most awesome country on this planet?
Maybe it's so great because what, some 30-40% of the population actually believes that God created mankind and earth some 10,000 years ago? Lol!

I mean, there's so much more but I really don't want to reap the wrath of some raging 'patriots', so I rather stop here and trust that my point is more clear by now.

So yeah, sorry if I indeed enjoy to remind some that live in a bubble of lies and distraction about their oh-so-awesome countries truth, when they talk crap about other countries all while - and now it gets funny - complaining that someone dared to criticize America in any way, especially if that person, now hold on tight, isn't even American! *faints dramatically*

Of course, none of the above matters, because at least America has guns, phew, lucky!

Hey, don't blame us for being happy about being part of America, it's part of being the best country in the world. And just think, being a Texan Is even mo better.
Old 03-14-17, 11:09 AM   #2841
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Hey, don't blame us for being happy about being part of America, it's part of being the best country in the world. And just think, being a Texan Is even mo better.
Old 03-14-17, 11:20 AM   #2842
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Interesting. Refugees for us in the West, and while we are busy with that and focus all attention on it, the Kremlin takes another big bite in the Mediterranean.
We wouldn't have to salvage Lybia if it was not destroyed by the Western intervention.
Old 03-14-17, 12:14 PM   #2843
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
But then nobody in their right mind would want to go there!!
But there are-especially those who have become radical/fanatics and want to fight for ISIS

And then there are those who want to fight against ISIS

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-17, 02:11 PM   #2844
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilge_Rat View Post
still not sure what the point of this argument is.
The point of it is he wants something to throw in our faces the next time any of us shows a bit of pride in our country.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-17, 02:23 PM   #2845
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
The point of it is he wants something to throw in our faces the next time any of us shows a bit of pride in our country.
Then why rise to the bait? It just spirals into a mess after a few posts.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-17, 04:15 PM   #2846
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Travel to Cuba may not be the easiest thing to do without money but we do have the freedom to lobby our government to change the laws. Problem is, nobody really gives a crap about wether they go to Cuba or not.

Theres one of the most beautiful beaches Ive ever seen at Cape Lookout, N.C. it's like standing out in the middle of the ocean you really get a sense of the unbridled power of the Atlantic.

Cant afford to go to Bermuda then I strongly recommend Block Island, R.I.

Theres the Florida Keys, Jersey shore, South Carolina, the list goes on.

We got over 95,000 miles of shoreline with so much in our own backyard, besides, who needs Cuba?

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Jimbuna; 03-15-17 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Not necessary
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-17, 04:27 PM   #2847
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
...besides, who needs Cuba?
You just can't lay off using disrespectful adjectives can you?

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie

Last edited by Jimbuna; 03-15-17 at 07:56 AM.
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-17, 04:52 PM   #2848
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Well, this is the all purpose terrorism thread isnt it?

Old 03-14-17, 05:51 PM   #2849
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Hear those violins yet? Lets all dance, we'll lead!

Old 03-15-17, 08:00 AM   #2850
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

I'm done with editing and requesting acceptable content.

How about respecting the moderator as he does the community here?

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote

Tags
terrorism