SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-02-06, 06:48 PM   #181
Hartmann
Sea Lord

Downloads: 204
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober
Started a new carreer in september of 1940 from lorient . Only a couple of days out and you want to know HOW ITS GOING .

damned british !!

down !! more deep ,
WO ...what did you say ??

more depth !!

.bow down 10 º, stern up 7 º

230....... :rotfl:

She is made of iron, sir. I assure you, she can. and she will. It is a mathematical certainty.

Strength and honor
Hartmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-06, 09:07 PM   #182
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

I ended up going to 210mts and it took hours but finally lost them . I was on max 250TC and i get a report of ship spotted . Basically it should have dropped to 1TC well before it did .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-06, 11:14 PM   #183
Der Teddy Bar
Blade Master

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober
I ended up going to 210mts and it took hours but finally lost them . I was on max 250TC and i get a report of ship spotted . Basically it should have dropped to 1TC well before it did .
Though not the cause probably a result of using Sh3 Cmdr as it allows these to be set through it. You could make sure that it is set right and/or change the EnemyDetected=1 in the main.cfg in the My Documents\SH3\data\cfg directory.

Hope this helps.
Der Teddy Bar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-06, 01:47 AM   #184
The Munster
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 2

Hi, is it possible to change the ship colours on the map so they are all black ? I prefer trying to find out if the ship is enemy or neutral. Hope somebody can help me with this.
The Munster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-06, 03:57 AM   #185
KeldorKatarn
Helmsman

Managed to get my safegames working again. But this time after finishing the patrol, I got the tonnage as renown, but not as real tonnage. My tonnage count was 0. And in Wilhelmshaven one Passenger ship had rammed the wall when I returned. I saw it hanging with the back in the water.
I also again spent only 1 day in base although basic.cfg says 31 days. I could fix all that by editting my career files, but still...
Reload errors? How can I avoid/fix those?

Last edited by KeldorKatarn; 10-03-06 at 04:36 AM.
KeldorKatarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-06, 06:22 AM   #186
Der Teddy Bar
Blade Master

KeldorKatarn,
If you do not have 'Tonnage' I am presuming that you have a install error or if you running a dual installation with NYGM & TW while using Sh3 Cmdr? If so it could be cross pollination of the mods.kylania's instructions for Installing NYGM 2.2 via JSGME

1. SH3
2. SH3 Patch 1.4
3. JSGME 1.4.1
4. NYGM 2.2 - Stand Alone
5. SH3 Commander 2.6.1
6. Ensure you apply the SH3 Commander files from the documentation folder in NYGM 2.2.

Step by Step:

1. Install SH3 from DVD.
2. Install the SH3 1.4b patch.
3. Install JSGME by moving the files into your main SH3 install directory (usually c:\program files\ubisoft\silenthunterIII)

4. Run JSGME once. This will create a MODS folder under the ...\silenthunterIII folder.
Close and run JSGME again, this time choose Tasks... option from the middle and create a snapshot of your files. This will ensure JSGME knows what your basic SH3 install should look like. Close JSGME.

5. Unpack NYGM 2.2 Stand Alone and move the entire folder into the ...\silenthunterIII\MODS folder. At this point you should have files structure like this: C:\program files\ubisoft\silenthunterIII\MODS\NYGM Tonnage War V2.2 – Stand Alone Version\data\...

6. Run JSGME and you should see "NYGM 2.2 Stand Alone" on the left side of the screen now. Click the > button to move it to the right, installing your mod. This will take quite some time! Once it's moved to the right close JSGME.

7. Install SH3 Commander 2.6.1

8. From c:\program files\ubisoft\silenthunterIII\MODS\NYGM Tonnage War V2.2 – Stand Alone Version\documentation\SH3 Commander Optional Updates copy all files into C:\Program Files\SH3 Commander\Cfg.

9. Delete from that same SH3 Commander\Cfg folder all the specifc date files ie, Randomised events_19*.cfg leaving only the one Randomized file you just copied.
Old 10-03-06, 06:45 AM   #187
KeldorKatarn
Helmsman

I don't use SH3 Cmdr and NYGM is correctly installed.
KeldorKatarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-06, 12:04 PM   #188
lumat83
Frogman

Downloads: 121

An idea about repair activities.

Is it possible to make radio room and Pc room work together about repair activities (I not sure about my english here )
Because when the uboat is damage in this room, it's very difficult to repair (with only 2 men). It's not very realistic, I think.
Why the radio room easier to destroy or more difficult to repair than the others ? In addition, when, this room is damaged, it's often 'Game Over"

For me it's a real problem (and the only problem with this wonderfull mod :p )

What do you think about this ?
lumat83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-06, 04:49 PM   #189
Der Teddy Bar
Blade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumat83
An idea about repair activities.

Is it possible to make radio room and Pc room work together about repair activities (I not sure about my english here )
Because when the uboat is damage in this room, it's very difficult to repair (with only 2 men). It's not very realistic, I think.
Why the radio room easier to destroy or more difficult to repair than the others ? In addition, when, this room is damaged, it's often 'Game Over"

For me it's a real problem (and the only problem with this wonderfull mod :p )

What do you think about this ?
lumat83,
I believe that kylania has you set straight regarding that when crew are in a damaged compartment, that this crew will automatically make repairs, stop flooding & drain the flooding unless you are silent running.

The flooding values for all compartments is based upon the crew that can be brought to assist, so the flooding of the radio room is not as bad as that of the bow torpedo room but in comparison they are somewhat equal.

The flooding has also been done so that you will be able for most of the time to control it. Though if a depth charge is close enough and of enough HP then you may never be able to recover

Your issues will for the most part come from the effects of multiple flooding or a very large room flooding most of the way and as a result this will cause depth keeping issues.

In the end the radio room is not really harder to repair than the other rooms.

I hope this clarifies any concerns.
Old 10-03-06, 04:50 PM   #190
Der Teddy Bar
Blade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeldorKatarn
I don't use SH3 Cmdr and NYGM is correctly installed.
Could you test this with a new career?
Old 10-03-06, 05:46 PM   #191
Laffertytig
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 110

i see the GW lads have fixed the surface ai nightvision bug. has it been fixed in nygm as well? i havent found many targets at night yet
Laffertytig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-06, 06:38 PM   #192
Der Teddy Bar
Blade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffertytig
i see the GW lads have fixed the surface ai nightvision bug. has it been fixed in nygm as well? i havent found many targets at night yet
The GW news sounds good and is very exciting. Without being negative, we will have to wait to see how GW's u-boat sensors plays out for all day and night weather conditions as there are only one set of figures which to not quantified.

That said I feel that the night vision in NYGM could come down some.

It must be remembered that it is a delicate balance as SHIII does not differentiate between moonlight and no moonlight, so while we will have excessive night time vision on moonless nights, when the moon is out then it would be about right.

U-boats found a lot of targets at night and they were effective at doing so.

Confused?
Old 10-03-06, 11:18 PM   #193
Yahoshua
The Old Man

Well, I ran the "Happy Times" Mission a couple times to get the hang of Manual Targeting.......DAMN it was GOOD!!!!

Got 3 torps into a single Large Cargo (I was a bit off and had one wave runner that went off prematurely but ALL 3 hit in the Bow section). She went down bow first bobbing for fish before she dissapeared. (btw, that was my first time EVER committing to a shot having used ONLY manual methods of targeting).

But, I didn't adjust the TDC for my last torp.....aimed for a Large Tanker at around 800m and ended up hitting a Large Cargo in the bow section (maybe centimeters from missing though) about 2000m away and 3 columns over while she was trying to pull evasive exercises.

It was great.

I'm now starting from Kiel on my first patrol to AN91 (yeah, like I'm gonna find any ships out there before I have to turn back due to fuel consumption).

Here goes.

Yahoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-06, 11:43 PM   #194
Steeltrap
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 3

One thing I've noticed:

When diving, I hear a snippet from "Das Boot". Trouble is, it's the sound from someone calling people to 'surface stations' ("afthaustatzionen" or something....)!

Anyone else noticed this? Not that it matters, but it did make me think I'd hit the wrong command or something at first (this doesn't happen if I order periscope depth or a 'crash') and gave me a bit of a laugh.

Cheers
Steeltrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-06, 01:20 AM   #195
Der Teddy Bar
Blade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahoshua
Well, I ran the "Happy Times" Mission a couple times to get the hang of Manual Targeting.......DAMN it was GOOD!!!!

Got 3 torps into a single Large Cargo (I was a bit off and had one wave runner that went off prematurely but ALL 3 hit in the Bow section). She went down bow first bobbing for fish before she dissapeared. (btw, that was my first time EVER committing to a shot having used ONLY manual methods of targeting).
Welcome to the Manual TDC club and congratulations

When using the manual TDC nothing is more rewarding than hitting a ship and while mssing is fustrating it was yopu that misssed i.e. it was not artificial, and for me this makes is easier to accept.

Missing sometimes does play tricks with your mind when you cannot for the life of you figure out how and now we have the NYGM Torpedo Depth Keeping Issue mod to add to that :rotfl: