SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-29-10, 02:15 AM   #76
Capt Jack Harkness
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 210
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelViking View Post
As always Capt Jack Harkness, thanks for the ideas. Sadly I do not think that it is possible to add the crank cases access panels. To do it right, it would take 3d modeling, and as far as I know, that is not really feasible. Also, I think that the crank case itself shares the same textures as the walls, but I am not positive. I will track down all the textures that are used for the engine and see if I cannot at least come up with something. I could probably add a few logos where they would make sense.
Haha no worries, I just make suggestions, it's up to people like yourself to see if they work or not! Anyhow, great news if something can be done about it, if not there are other things to mod...
Capt Jack Harkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-10, 09:45 AM   #77
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

@SteelViking - I really have to thank you for turning me on to the Bump Map Tool in GIMP. I was trying to create bump maps manually prior to that and you have a good idea of how much time and effort you saved me.

Thanks!

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-10, 09:53 AM   #78
SteelViking
The Old Man

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
@SteelViking - I really have to thank you for turning me on to the Bump Map Tool in GIMP. I was trying to create bump maps manually prior to that and you have a good idea of how much time and effort you saved me.

Thanks!
I am glad I was able to help.

He sank 198,650 tons....who you ask?....Erich Topp, that's who!
SteelViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-10, 09:44 PM   #79
Faamecanic
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 0

Good looking mod...downloading and will install when I get back to port! (provided my Type VIIB doesnt sink to the bottom on my next submerge!! I hope a MOD can fix this!!)
Faamecanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-10, 10:15 PM   #80
SteelViking
The Old Man

What problem are you having? Is it the automatic sink below 180m? I am pretty sure that ddrgn's historical sub specifications mod fixes that.

Old 06-30-10, 12:04 AM   #81
TheBeast
The Old Man

Quote:
What problem are you having? Is it the automatic sink below 180m? I am pretty sure that ddrgn's historical sub specifications mod fixes that.
Doesn't the "SH3 to SH5 Sub Physics" MOD by Vickers fix that as well?

Old 06-30-10, 12:23 AM   #82
SteelViking
The Old Man

Quote:
Doesn't the "SH3 to SH5 Sub Physics" MOD by Vickers fix that as well?
Yeah, I think it does.

Old 06-30-10, 01:00 AM   #83
ingsoc84
Navy Dude

Downloads: 26

Can you tell me please which mod allows one to see the small icons (faces) of the crew on the bottom of the screen as with SH3? Many thanks
ingsoc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-10, 01:08 AM   #84
SteelViking
The Old Man

That would be both reaper7's HiRes UI, and TheDarkWraith's UI mods. My screen shots were taken with reaper7's.

Here is a link to reaper7's UI if you want to give it a try: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=169119

Old 06-30-10, 03:26 PM   #85
ingsoc84
Navy Dude

Downloads: 26

Many thanks STeel!
ingsoc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-10, 04:03 PM   #86
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingsoc84 View Post
Many thanks STeel!
Just released V1.6 of the Mod. Current release has removed the officer icons from the bottom of the screen and placed them on a toggleable Clipbpard - Much Nicer .

Also currrent Version is using the stock officer commands that are hard programmed from SH4 (Left over bits in SH5).
My next release is going to work on the Officer Bar, giving all the officers (Including the cook and bosun) there revelvant orders and subpages via scripting.
It will be scripted so as to be more stable and the clipboard will be dragable too.

Will start work on this if no issues in the version I just released.
Also I intend to make the Interface less obtrusive, maybe similar to the slideout on mouseover in SH3/4 with the lock button. So to have a neater look when items are not needed. .

That way It will look perfect with SteelVikings Custom Interiors .
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-10, 04:20 PM   #87
Capt Jack Harkness
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 210
Uploads: 1

Quote:
I've found that the boat's submerged bouyancy and ability to maintain depth has a lot to do with the mass number and a little to do with drag. I personally spent a couple hours tweaking the WIP RUB tweaks until my VIIC reliably held depth and rolled right on the surface.
Capt Jack Harkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-10, 05:22 PM   #88
TheBeast
The Old Man

Default Keeping it real

So, keeping the boat interior clean, while possible, would be a semi difficult task at best. I've found in some of my recent reading that German U-Boats were in fact very dirty and foul smelling. They had no facilities to for washing and a single toilet shared among the 50+ crew(Scary Image).
There is no way they would take the time to paint ANY interior while on potrol. Environment Safe Paints just did not exist at the time and painting the interior would most likely produce toxins within the boat at levels high enough to kill everyone on board.
And you laughed at me and said you wanted to keep it realistic when I asked for some rust and tarnish. I agree with you, lets keep it real...

Old 06-30-10, 05:51 PM   #89
SteelViking
The Old Man

Quote:
So, keeping the boat interior clean, while possible, would be a semi difficult task at best. I've found in some of my recent reading that German U-Boats were in fact very dirty and foul smelling. They had no facilities to for washing and a single toilet shared among the 50+ crew(Scary Image).
There is no way they would take the time to paint ANY interior while on potrol. Environment Safe Paints just did not exist at the time and painting the interior would most likely produce toxins within the boat at levels high enough to kill everyone on board.
And you laughed at me and said you wanted to keep it realistic when I asked for some rust and tarnish. I agree with you, lets keep it real...
First of all, I never laughed at you. Second of all, I never claimed that the level of cleanliness was realistic in my mod. In my next release, I have made the sub a little darker/rustier/dirtier. However, I really cannot release it until BIGREG finishes his next version, as we are working together and are trying to keep our mods fully compatible. His next release will have some files in it that will conflict with interior mods.

This is a work in progress really. My plan is to change it over time to match what the majority of people want while staying within reach of reality. Many have been asking for it to get dirtier, and I am heading that way.

Old 06-30-10, 06:26 PM   #90
TheBeast
The Old Man

Quote:
First of all, I never laughed at you. Second of all, I never claimed that the level of cleanliness was realistic in my mod. In my next release, I have made the sub a little darker/rustier/dirtier. However, I really cannot release it until BIGREG finishes his next version, as we are working together and are trying to keep our mods fully compatible. His next release will have some files in it that will conflict with interior mods.

This is a work in progress really. My plan is to change it over time to match what the majority of people want while staying within reach of reality. Many have been asking for it to get dirtier, and I am heading that way.
OK, I embelished a little about the laughter. You will have to forgive me. I am the only one here today and I just drank a entire pot of coffee with the last 3 hours. I have a good buzz going right now.