SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-04-13, 09:37 AM   #1
silentmichal
Frogman

Downloads: 241
Uploads: 0
[TUT] How to clone GR2 files!!!

Hi everyone !

In this tutorial I'm going to show You step-by-step how to clone GR2 files (graphics files). What is GR2 files cloning? Using GR2 files cloning You can add new objects into boat (If You want to read sth about it, read this thread:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=2094392). So... let's go !

I. Software You need:

- installed Silent Hunter 5 game

II. Time: 10-15 minutes

III. Tutorial:

1. Go to main directory of SH5 game. Then go to localization of your GR2 file (my example: Room_QR2.GR2):

2. Make copy of ANY assigned file to your GR2 file (for eg. Room_QR2.sim or Room_QR2.dsd). Also make copy of your GR2 file and name it "your_file_CLONED.GR2" (in my case: Room_QR2_CLONED.GR2):

3. Then go to main directory of game and run GoblinEditorApp.exe.

4. Load your GR2 file (Room_QR2.GR2):

5. Then merge your assigned file to this project (Room_QR2.sim):

6. If you have message like this:

Just click "OK".

7. Now, let look on "GDS Scene Tree". You have to collapse this tree by clicking this button (arrow):

8. Now You have to right-click on collapsed part of tree and click "Edit Controllers":

9. Then expand "grannyloader" by clicking "+". Then double-click on MergeCtrl. You should have sth like that:

10. Now let delete caption "<no file>" and write a path to your CLONED file. Just like on the picture (to save changes let click on "ID" area):

11. Close "Edit Behavior" window.

12. Now You should have sth like that:

13. To save changes, DRAG this red text (under "Unassigned (drag these controllers to a file)") to your assigned file (in my case: Room_QR2.sim). After that You should have sth like that:

14. Now right-click on your assigned file (it has to be red; my case: Room_QR2.sim), and click "Save file":

15. After that close GoblinEditorApp.exe. Go to your GR2 file's localization.

16. Now rename your assigned file to file with *.prt extension (in my case: Room_QR2.sim --> Room_QR2.prt). Then rename copy of your assigned file to default name of this file (in my case: Room_QR2 - Copy.sim --> Room_QR2.sim):

18. Now you have 2 files more before GR2 cloning. *.prt file and your cloned GR2 file.

Congratulations! You cloned GR2 file! Now You can turn on the game and see, that
graphically it doesn't look fine (computer renders everything 2x. If there are any differences between "mother-file" and cloned file, it won't look good).

If your GR2 file has already *.prt file, this process is much easier: You have to just load your *.prt file to GoblinEditorApp, then make points 8. - 15. ... but some GR2 files doesn't have PRT files.

Special thanks to:

- TheDarkWraith
- Gap

It's my tutorial. If You want to copy it and paste in another place, write:

"This tutorial made Silentmichal."
Thanks.

I hope it will help you.
Best regards!!!

Tags
cloning, gr2, silentmichal, tutorial