SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-19-13, 01:50 PM   #2446
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

I am releasing a test version of the upcoming new version of the Generic Patcher. Currently it's at v1.0.134.0 but that is sure to increase before I officially release it.

This is a major update. Major as in architecturally everything has changed (code wise for the patches). This means there is a possibility of CTDs and strange things happening. I have been testing it for the last 3 days and haven't had any CTDs or strange happenings. That is not to say it's perfect - there are probably some hidden bugs I haven't found yet. Thus by letting you all test it also you can help me find the bugs (if there are any).

In order to use this test version you have to have clean, unmodified, unpatched, stock files. If you do not have them then you'll have to follow the procedure below. If you do have them you can skip the procedure below.

For those who do not have clean, unmodified, unpatched, stock files (or those of you who have 'special' files) you'll have a little work to do before being able to use this test version. Here's what you have to do:
- you need previous version of the Generic Patcher
- open up the Generic Patcher folder and navigate to the \Patches\SH5 folder
- You'll need to do this to every single .s5p file in there:
-- open up the .s5p file using notepad
-- scroll down till you see the UPDATES headers. Here is what you're looking for:

[UPDATE 1]
Name=Fixes the Year entry being written over in the DestroyedUnits.ini file for each [Unit_x] entry
UniqueName=Update_1
Pictures=
Notes=
Offset=0x1AAEE0
Length=0x5
OldValue=686C027400
NewValue=6884996F00
Prompt=0
Verify=1
ShowInUpdates=1
Editable=0
[ENDUPDATE 1]

-- now in every single [UPDATE x] block change the Editable=0 to Editable=1
-- save the file
-- do this to every single .s5p file (NOTE: some files do not have any [UPDATE x] blocks)
- once you have changed all the [UPDATE x] headers to Editable=1 in every .s5p file open up the previous version of the Generic Patcher
- expand every patch file node and expand the Updates node
- for every update in the Updates node double click the Enabled to disable the update
- do this for every update node in the Updates of every patch file node
- if you fail to do this or do this incorrectly you will CTD when using this test version of the Generic Patcher or any version after this when trying to play the game. GUARANTEED

For those of you with clean, unmodified, unpatched files (or those of you who followed the procedure above) you may now use this test version or any version released after it.

test version 1.0.141.0 available here: http://www.mediafire.com/?ndq117y5qk9szbt

NOTE: be sure to check the Files= and Notes= entries OF EVERY PATCH! Failure to do so will result in diminished functionality of the patch.

I'm still working on some of the patches. Everything is stable and can be enabled that you want to use. The new hydro contact types patch is functional but not yet complete.

In order to test the electrics engines while surfaced patch you'll need to use the test version of my UIs mods: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...ostcount=10475

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 07-22-13 at 11:50 AM.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-13, 02:34 PM   #2447
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405
Uploads: 0

ty tdw
Sjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-13, 02:35 PM   #2448
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Hi TDW

One question.. I have all the files are clean, unmodified, unpatched.. except the .exe.. .exe is also clean, unmodified, unpatched but it's 'fixed' by Vit-ty (you know what I mean).. should I make the procedure on TDW_SH5_Patches.s5p and on other patch files?

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-13, 02:57 PM   #2449
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post
Hi TDW

One question.. I have all the files are clean, unmodified, unpatched.. except the .exe.. .exe is also clean, unmodified, unpatched but it's 'fixed' by Vit-ty (you know what I mean).. should I make the procedure on TDW_SH5_Patches.s5p and on other patch files?
You have to follow the procedure then for the SH5.exe only (meaning you have to edit the TDW_SH5_Patches.s5p file)

I just fixed hydrophone station not showing Submarine in the hydro box when the needle is over a submarine contact. The devs really screwed the pooch on this one. I swear the more I dive into this game the more I see discontinuity between things. It's like some people decided this should be the way and some people decided no it should be this way. They never agreed on anything The reason the subs were screwed up is they were never doing their checks on the parent object - they were doing the checks on the audible sound child of the parent object. The comparison always failed At least it was easy to fix
Old 07-19-13, 03:31 PM   #2450
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Just testing the finished hydro contacts patch code. I made a test mission with 2 enemy subs. Hydro operator reported 2 contacts short distance closing. Jumped on hydro station to see what they were:

well what do you know, 2 submarines

As soon as I update the sh5 patch file with the finished code I'll post a new link to the test version.
Old 07-19-13, 03:41 PM   #2451
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Just testing the finished hydro contacts patch code. I made a test mission with 2 enemy subs. Hydro operator reported 2 contacts short distance closing. Jumped on hydro station to see what they were:
well what do you know, 2 submarines
As soon as I update the sh5 patch file with the finished code I'll post a new link to the test version.
Wow

I thought I'd never see message like this

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
Old 07-19-13, 03:54 PM   #2452
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post
Wow

I thought I'd never see message like this
I coded in the ability to 'hear' environmentals also (dolphins, whales, etc.). They will show Environmental in the box
Old 07-19-13, 04:03 PM   #2453
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

I notice that in the patcher advanced users section for the exe there isnt a yellow warning if i enable something in the render patches etc . The warning is in the render section but not on the above advanced users section . My current campaign loads and i am testing the latest patcher with new Ui test 7 . cheers .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-13, 04:05 PM   #2454
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

See where my mouse cursor is in the above screenie? When the hydro needle is on a contact click that arrow to see all the types the game now recognizes with my new code

test version 1.0.135.0 released. See here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=2450

If you already followed the directions before with test version 1.0.134.0 you do not need to follow them again. You are safe to just go ahead and use this new test version.

As always disable ALL previous patches before using new version.

You'll notice that with test version 1.0.135.0 there is a new group in the sh5.exe patch: EXPERIMENTAL. If you want to test it please do. Try to see if you can hear environmentals (merchant, and other environmentals) on the hydro station with it enabled. The reason it's experimental is because it may CTD. So far it hasn't on me but I'm not 100% sure of this one. If it does CTD tell me which unit you were trying to hear. These are the environmentals you should be able to hear (class types):
Type110=Environmental
Type203=Environmental

The electric engines while surfaced patch I'm still working on. I'm adding a delay between the switching of the engine types. Currently after you ask for electric engines on surface there is a small delay (1-2 seconds) and then it instantly switches over to electrics/diesels. The whole time during that 1-2 second delay you hear the previous engine type's noise still. I want it to completely shutdown down the previous engine type, delay for switching to next type, then start the next engine type. That is what I'm trying to code in now.

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 07-19-13 at 04:15 PM.
Old 07-19-13, 04:05 PM   #2455
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
I notice that in the patcher advanced users section for the exe there isnt a yellow warning if i enable something in the render patches etc . The warning is in the render section but not on the above advanced users section . My current campaign loads and i am testing the latest patcher with new Ui test 7 . cheers .
good catch I'll look into it.
Old 07-19-13, 04:14 PM   #2456
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
test version 1.0.135.0 released. See here:..
I just started writing a manual for the v134 and here is the need to rewrite..

Old 07-19-13, 04:33 PM   #2457
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Fixed. Test release version updated to v1.0.136.0
Old 07-19-13, 05:39 PM   #2458
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Everything working like clockwork in mid campaign apart from Trevally trying to kill me by sending me to Abergele to insert a spy .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-13, 07:46 PM   #2459
rolandslaw
Bosun

Downloads: 66
Default TheDarkWraith Hydro fix

Quote:
The broken hydrophone patch is vastly improved in next upcoming version. The hydrophone itself is much more improved also
That is great news... I posted my latest mod list ... I tested the latest patcher against every mod ... see my post ...ADDED 07/21/13 ....at Workshop How to use TDW generic Patcher for Beginners... number 26 in thread.

Thank u for all your work..

Rol

Last edited by rolandslaw; 07-21-13 at 03:14 PM.
rolandslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-13, 07:50 PM   #2460
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172

Thank you very much TheDarkWraith
tonschk is offline   Reply With Quote