SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-20-21, 07:34 AM   #1636
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-21, 07:36 AM   #1637
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Oh the Texas Democrats cup of hypocrisy overfloweth. (Twitter, YouTube, liberal media approved)

Last edited by Rockstar; 07-20-21 at 08:03 AM.
Old 07-20-21, 08:14 AM   #1638
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
Don't you get it?!?! Anything that questions the party line, no matter how truthful, is misleading. C'mon, man...
These same Democrats who babbled on for four years about Fasicism and censorship when there was none to be found now gleefully support it.

Old 07-20-21, 08:48 AM   #1639
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
What’s misleading? Let me guess you haven’t even bothered reading what she wrote yet. I happen to agree with her, vaccines should NOT be forced on anyone in this country. And we should invest more in the general overall health of this nation. Vaccines is just putting a bandaid on the problem. How about we force lazy fat people to get up off their lazy arses and walk more, it will help reduce the load on our health care system.
Don't you get it? Why are people forced to take hepatitis vaccines to travel, get tetinus shots to work in disaster areas, etc.? I don't care if you personaly want to take the risk but the reason isn't for your health, it's for the health of others you come in contact with. It called promoting the general welfare and nobody is being forced to get a Covid shot.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-21, 08:55 AM   #1640
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Queen of the Morons get another suspension.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57897401

Which state actor told them to do it?

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-21, 08:56 AM   #1641
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 247

Quote:
Don't you get it? Why are people forced to take hepatitis vaccines to travel, get tetinus shots to work in disaster areas, etc.? I don't care if you personaly want to take the risk but the reason isn't for your health, it's for the health of others you come in contact with. It called promoting the general welfare and nobody is being forced to get a Covid shot.
And how many of those vaccines result in you still getting infected? Better yet, how about flu, measles, mumps, chickenpox vaccines? Or more importantly, how many of those who get those vaccines are also still forced to mask and quarantine and lock down?

Either the covid vaccines work like every other vaccine or they're not vaccines at all. If we're to believe that they are vaccines, then we shouldn't have "experts" claiming that quarantines and masks and lock downs are still required.

It's *all* horse****.

It's going to come to a point where normal people take matters into their own hands and remove these "experts" from positions of authority by any means necessary.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-21, 08:58 AM   #1642
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:

Yeah, that's a valid point. There are always going to be some rules and regulations to ensure an orderly society. We may disagree about exactly what these rules are, but overall it should not be a shock that we may have to be vaccinated in order to participate in certain activities.

I'm totally OK with not requiring people to be vaccinated. 1.) people who are unvaccinated only put themselves at serious risk, so that's fine. and 2.) Just in case it turns out that the vaccination causes brain aneurysms or something in every vaccinated person 3 years from now, we still have unvaccinated people to repopulate the Earth.
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-21, 09:20 AM   #1643
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Don’t I get it, are you kidding me? They are not ‘forced’ to do anything. They know full well what the job requirements are. I travelled abroad by choice and knew full well what was required of me to do so. I was also in the military if they ordered me to get the jab I would get the jab. The worst thing any member of the U.S. armed forces can do is start thinking themselves as some kind crusader for liberty or constitutional lawyer. Those people disrupt good order and discipline. But even in the military they can’t force you to do anything, they can only make you wish you had.

I work with someone who refuses to get vaccinated, I’m fine with that. It’s his choice. Not the government, not corporations or you, ITS THEIR CHOICE. Just as it’s was mine to get the first jab but not the second. Just as it was mine to wear a mask only to get infected anyway. Just as it is for those Democrat political leaders who publically demand of us. But then privately party on at the governor’s mansion, visit the hairdresser or fly to DC and spread the virus. Pretty hard for anyone to take their concerns for my safety seriously.

You think the economy, quality of life and death rate is bad now, start threatening people’s livelihoods to satisfy political agendas. You might get them to get vaccinated if you threaten to fire them. On the other hand you might cause business to collapse even further when people walk off the job. It’s your choice.

Last edited by Rockstar; 07-20-21 at 10:42 AM.
Old 07-20-21, 10:55 AM   #1644
Buddahaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
And how many of those vaccines result in you still getting infected? Better yet, how about flu, measles, mumps, chickenpox vaccines? Or more importantly, how many of those who get those vaccines are also still forced to mask and quarantine and lock down?

Either the covid vaccines work like every other vaccine or they're not vaccines at all. If we're to believe that they are vaccines, then we shouldn't have "experts" claiming that quarantines and masks and lock downs are still required.

It's *all* horse****.

It's going to come to a point where normal people take matters into their own hands and remove these "experts" from positions of authority by any means necessary.
There you go. Preaching revolution because the system of government doesn't suit you at present. Very patriotic.

David Bowie
Old 07-20-21, 11:22 AM   #1645
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Don’t I get it, are you kidding me? They are not ‘forced’ to do anything. They know full well what the job requirements are. [...].
Yep, Tucker Carlson has called the idea of vaccine passports the medical equivalent of "Jim Crow" laws. But then Fox has quietly implemented its own version of a vaccine passport while its top personalities attack them. Cognitive dissonance.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-21, 11:34 AM   #1646
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Yep, Tucker Carlson has called the idea of vaccine passports the medical equivalent of "Jim Crow" laws. But then Fox has quietly implemented its own version of a vaccine passport while its top personalities attack them. Cognitive dissonance.
What’s your point?

What I was talking about and against is this idea we should FORCE people to get vaccinated. And the censorship of thoughts and opinions. Some of what that woman said I can agree with especially the part of investing in the general over health of the public and convincing lazy obese people to take better care of themselves. As several here have found and pointed out better health is the best defense against sickness. But that was considered misleading by the blue ministry of truth so she was censored.

Just an FYI, I don’t have cable so I don’t watch Tucker Carlson. What little I know of him is from you and the one Jimmy Dore vid. As for vaccine records I’m old enough to know it’s nothing new and still have mine that I keep with my passport. Big whoop.

Last edited by Rockstar; 07-20-21 at 12:33 PM.
Old 07-20-21, 12:06 PM   #1647
Buddahaid

I agree that big social media is dancing close to first amendment violation but I don't think many would complain about banning pedophile or KKK groups. Nobody is ever going to see eye to eye on the issue.

David Bowie
Old 07-20-21, 12:09 PM   #1648
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Don’t feel bad our government isn’t the only one doing it for political purposes.

Moscow) – Russian authorities are escalating pressure on social media companies, forcing them to censor online content deemed illegal by the government, Human Rights Watch said today. Social media platforms have received warnings and face fines and potential blocking for failure to comply with Russia’s rapidly growing oppressive internet legislation.

https://www.hrw.org/news/2021/02/05/...d-censor-posts

Old 07-20-21, 12:11 PM   #1649
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 247

Quote:
There you go. Preaching revolution because the system of government doesn't suit you at present. Very patriotic.
Nope. Just recognition that most people (who are generally those who just want to be left alone) have reached a point of "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore" when confronted with (primarily) local governments that mandate health theater unless you are a leftist anarchist hell-bent on vandalism and violence. These are the same people running these governments that continue to interject themselves into every aspect of people's lives, whether it's an attempt to violate the 2A, stifling of 1A-protected speech they don't like, trying to impose racial divisiveness, or any other nosey-nelly interjections into peoples' lives.

It's no longer enough for these creatures for you to be tolerant of whatever degenerate agenda they have; now they demand you actively support it. The *only* way they will cease is to actively and often use whatever level of a "smack in the mouth" their bad behavior calls for.

When you see cops being assaulted while the police commissioner or mayor orders them to not arrest antifa criminals. When you see lawless animal savages looting stores or assaulting/killing innocents with no repercussions. When you see people shot in the dozens per night in decrepit Democrat-run lawless sh!thole cities because of a refusal to fund police departments. When you see "experts" change their advice to match whichever way the Democrat Party political winds blow. When you see Republicans refuse to actively counter leftist agendas. When you see people who just won't mind their own f&$!ing business.

Yeah, we're at that point.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-21, 12:33 PM   #1650
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

So it's obvious you don't like the man in the Oval office. It truly show the difference between an American(some of them) and our left wing supporters.

They see Biden as Godsend-They even use American friends as support for this. Meaning their American friends see Biden as Godsend.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote