Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-19, 06:45 PM   #7741
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Amazing how these doves suddenly turn into war hawks when it's not their guy pulling our troops out of foreign entanglements.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 10-13-19, 06:59 PM   #7742
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Sure thing. So what was your plan other than whining about liberals whining about Trump's moves? Seriously, ME is f'd up no matter what anyone does, or doesn't do, and the blame falls squarely on religious ideology as it always has and always will there. We either stay involved and hope for a miracle, or leave and let it go to hell as it apparently has. Either way, the west will end up seen as the bad guy so we may as well just leave at let it burn, after all, we DO NOT need the oil if we stop selling ours abroad for profit, or is that prophets?

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 10-13-19, 07:02 PM   #7743
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Sure thing. So what was your plan other than whining about liberals whining about Trump's moves? Seriously, ME is f'd up no matter what anyone does, or doesn't do, and the blame falls squarely on religious ideology as it always has and always will there. We either stay involved and hope for a miracle, or leave and let it go to hell as it apparently has. Either way, the west will end up seen as the bad guy so we may as well just leave at let it burn, after all, we DO NOT need the oil if we stop selling ours abroad for profit, or is that prophets?

Is this addressed to me?

Old 10-13-19, 07:12 PM   #7744
Buddahaid

Yes.

David Bowie
Old 10-13-19, 07:19 PM   #7745
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

What I find ironic is Trump sending 2,000 men to SA with air defences
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 10-13-19, 07:48 PM   #7746
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

We're not a charity, our national interests are at the heart of everything we do in the middle east. The interests of the Kurds and their usefulness has come to an end, on too Saudi Arabia! By the way your representatives in congress could stop that from happening you know. But they don't. Oh sure there's the media drama and finger pointing but that show is for your consumption.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Old 10-13-19, 08:04 PM   #7747
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Yes.

Well I don't understand your hostility because I agree with you. We've stayed involved over there hoping for a miracle for nearly two decades now and it's obvious that nothing we will have done will last 5 seconds after we do leave, if that ever happens. Especially in Syria where the few troops we do have there are little more than human shields. A line in the dirt meant to guarantee good behavior. Trouble with being a "dare line" is that someone eventually steps on it and rubs it out.

So since you demand "my plan" it would be to pull our troops out of not just Syria but every other middle east country as well by the end of the year. Anything we can't take with us we destroy. I'd also bring along the indigenous translators and others who have worked for us, and their families too. It would be wrong to leave them behind if they want to become Americans they should be given the opportunity. As you say we will be seen as the bad guy either way so we might as well adopt the plan with the least cost in our peoples lives.

Old 10-13-19, 08:12 PM   #7748
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Well I don't understand your hostility because I agree with you. We've stayed involved over there hoping for a miracle for nearly two decades now and it's obvious that nothing we will have done will last 5 seconds after we do leave, if that ever happens. Especially in Syria where the few troops we do have there are little more than human shields. A line in the dirt meant to guarantee good behavior. Trouble with being a "dare line" is that someone eventually steps on it and rubs it out.

So since you demand "my plan" it would be to pull our troops out of not just Syria but every other middle east country as well by the end of the year. Anything we can't take with us we destroy. I'd also bring along the indigenous translators and others who have worked for us, and their families too. It would be wrong to leave them behind if they want to become Americans they should be given the opportunity. As you say we will be seen as the bad guy either way so we might as well adopt the plan with the least cost in our peoples lives.
Works for me.
Old 10-13-19, 08:14 PM   #7749
Buddahaid

No hostility August, just calling you out on making jabs at liberals in general for being liberal minded.

Rockstar, no the US should not be seen as a charity, but what message is being sent? We are your fair weather friends as long as you are in our interest zone, don't count on us or our word, we're only interested in us. So long suckers!

David Bowie
Old 10-13-19, 08:26 PM   #7750
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
No hostility August, just calling you out on making jabs at liberals in general for being liberal minded.

Is that what that was? Maybe you should have been up front with it so I wouldn't have wasted my time telling you my plan!

Old 10-13-19, 09:08 PM   #7751
Buddahaid

Why should I be up front about it? Is agreeing with you a needed precondition for discussion? I don't see it that way but so be it.

Yes, August, I know we are at odds a lot but I think we are closer at the core when push comes to shove. I simply don't like to take a hard stand and an us verses them mentality about the politics of everything. No one is always right and no one is always wrong.

David Bowie
Old 10-13-19, 09:30 PM   #7752
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Why should I be up front about it?
Because honesty is always the best policy.

Quote:
Is agreeing with you a needed precondition for discussion? I don't see it that way but so be it.
Now you are just making things up. I don't care one way or the other if you agree or not, I would just prefer that you spare me the lecture.

Quote:
Yes, August, I know we are at odds a lot but I think we are closer at the core when push comes to shove. I simply don't like to take a hard stand and an us verses them mentality about the politics of everything. No one is always right and no one is always wrong.
Uh huh. Then name some things that Trump did right then.

Old 10-13-19, 09:50 PM   #7753
Buddahaid

Quote:
Because honesty is always the best policy.
And just how was anything I said dishonest?

Quote:
Now you are just making things up. I don't care one way or the other if you agree or not, I would just prefer that you spare me the lecture.
Goes both ways.

Quote:
Uh huh. Then name some things that Trump did right then.
I'll agree I like how he shakes up the status quo, and I'll agree about fighting the new green movement as stupidly myopic, I just don't agree about how he goes about it because he's an idiot and a charlatan posing as the messiah for all that is good about, and for, America. The right message but the wrong person, so wrong that the message is being destroyed just as he destroys everything he touches.

David Bowie
Old 10-13-19, 10:22 PM   #7754
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
And just how was anything I said dishonest?

I didn't say you were being dishonest. Just that you weren't up front with your intentions. Some might consider that the same thing.

Quote:
Goes both ways.
Then may I suggest if you don't want to hear it then you don't ask people for their opinions.

Quote:
I'll agree I like how he shakes up the status quo, and I'll agree about fighting the new green movement as stupidly myopic, I just don't agree about how he goes about it because he's an idiot and a charlatan posing as the messiah for all that is good about, and for, America. The right message but the wrong person, so wrong that the message is being destroyed just as he destroys everything he touches.

Well I just like that he actually goes about shaking up the status quo rather than the impotent lip service we get from the professional politicians who forget their campaign promises the second the election results are in. For that i am willing to put up with Trumps personality flaws.

However I will disagree with you about Trump being an idiot though. He's managed not only to beat the establishment candidate but has survived in the face of unprecedented political opposition. No idiot would have been able to persevere through all that.

Old 10-14-19, 02:49 AM   #7755
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:

Rockstar, no the US should not be seen as a charity, but what message is being sent? We are your fair weather friends as long as you are in our interest zone, don't count on us or our word, we're only interested in us. So long suckers!

Before we get all teary eyed let me ask. There is the Kurdish YPP, PKK, and the KRG political parties. Which ones are we as you say supposedly friends with? They barely get along themselves and would eventually start fighting each other for power. Which Kurdish party should we send our troops to support when that happens?

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 10-14-19 at 03:50 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter